Anti-valentine's day celerations

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    I'm going to get lucky with self love in front of a computer screen for hours on Valentine's day. Wait, what?
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    I hate Valentine's Day and have not celebrated it in years. I will go to work, come home and eat dinner without my husband per usual (he's not dieting). Stupid holiday gets people all ramped up and stressed out. And Hallmark makes a killing.

Maybe I'll be kind and bring a nice bottle of wine home. Maybe.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    This will be my 1st V-day as a single woman. I'm a bit nervous. I'm not sure how it's going to feel.

I refuse to sit at home and drink all by myself though. Hell no!!

I will either gather up some of my single friends and go out or one of my meet up groups is doing a "Lets get drunk on V-day" bar hopping party. I might just do that!!!!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    I never had a real V-day. I was always the ugly one in middle school and high school and even now most guys don't even look at me unless I'm half naked posed in front of a camera.

So I'm traveling 635+ miles to visit my "its complicated" boyfriend/ex/guy and will probably get drunk and eventually kill each other...or get arrested for domestic violence.
  • KimmieBrie
    KimmieBrie Posts: 825 Member
    I wish they made anti -valentines day cards to send to all my friends... oh wait, they do!

http://www.zazzle.com/anti-valentines+day+cards
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    I'm hiring a Hooker.

Ummm pretty sure I hired you to be the Milk maid that night

Holler!!!!!!! I DO need the extra cash.......

Hubby wouldnt mind if you shook your booty for some dolla dolla bills?

$$$$$$$$$$$$

Just want to say, I LOVE you two.

Oh, and just because we're involved with someone doesn't mean we're all gooey eyed, or going to spend a ton of money celebrating some hallmark holiday.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,689 Member
    I never thought I'd say this but right now I wish there was a smiley face on a stripper pole

:smokin: Dance Monkey Dance :smokin:

I could arrange for that, as soon as I get mine put back up. Wait, you meant an emoticon. Fail.
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    I don't know. I am not a big romance holiday person. I am seeing someone new and it's a bit awkward. Same with birthdays-mine is Tuesday and we've gone out three times. I don't expect or want a gift or card or anything since we barely know each other yet. And then V day the next week. Frankly I'd rather NOT go out since everything seems to cost twice as much because it's a "holiday". So I will either get together with a girl friend and drink some wine, or maybe just go sit on new guy's couch and watch a movie. Nothing big.
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    The last Valentines day that I was married...I was in the grocery store getting stuff..and started to cry. My ex didn't get me flowers or a card. It was like I just didn't matter. There is a reason we are not married anymore.
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    This Valentines day around I am now single so I'll probably sulk just a tiny bit not much, watch tons of movies, definitely say Happy 25th Anniversary to my parents (I can't wait to be like them) and then return to the never ending movie watching, and so yep....Unless I am asked to be someone's Valentines, that's what I'll be doing :/
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    sorry...stripper distractions...you are correct many people don't. My ex was hopeless at it, so every year I said it didn't matter...i lied.

I am guilty of that, too. My husband has an account on here. Maybe he'll see this. I don't want to have to tell him it's important to me. He should just want to be romantic for my sake. I do a lot of things I don't enjoy for his sake.

I will say, this year, though, has been the first time we have "celebrated!" He lost his wedding ring, so I bought him another and called it Valentine's Day. So, he got me a watch. Maybe we are stepping in the right direction? :laugh:

OMG, I'm here with you. My boyfriend was like, "You don't really care about Valentines day, right? We might as well not do anything." I agreed at first because I didn't want to freak out, but later made a point that "Yes, let's do something. Yes, you plan it." However, we're celebrating in March because of how crazy our schedules are this month....anyway...I'll be celebrating most of all with my piano students and making them all valentines fudge! Kids are the most excitable and fun anyway. They get it, even if boyfriends don't. *eye roll
  • I am living my normal day.... School, homework, and hit the gym :)
  • I will be spending the 14th at the gym before coming home and spending the evening with someone who will sleep with me....my Pillowie, she even sometimes suprisses me by inviting cushions to the bed
  • DQMD
    DQMD Posts: 193
    I am going to make cupcakes with SO's kids this weekend to freeze. We will than decorate them next weekend for them to give classmates and their mom.
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    I try to just ignore the holiday. It is always disappointing so I just pretend it never happens.

Work all day, go to the gym, come home and watch TV or read and hit the sack. Gee sounds like every other day.

I like your plan! I've always been single and alone on Vday...it is like a nasty reminder. I KNOW THIS. Plus, what a corny holiday. I've never been much for the romantics.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    The last Valentines day that I was married...I was in the grocery store getting stuff..and started to cry. My ex didn't get me flowers or a card. It was like I just didn't matter. There is a reason we are not married anymore.

Here you go. :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

I was married last V-day too and this year I'm not. It's a strange feeling.

While I'm writing this I'm listening to Journey's "Faithfully". This song makes me sad!!!!
  • ElleOQuent
    ElleOQuent Posts: 429 Member
    I'm going to fvck myself stupid.

...and if that doesn't work, there is always wine and chocolate. :wink:
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Here's all you need for Valentine's day. It costs 7p.
    asdacard.jpg
  • caroline_g
    caroline_g Posts: 201 Member
    So for those of you that aren't getting all ooey-gooey, mushy faced about the upcoming non-holiday...how do you intend to uncelebrate the red day?

Me...I am thinking bottle of wine, gory movies and depression...Romantic huh?

whoops, forgot a "b" in celebrations....

That's my plan too, minus the wine. And hopefully minus the depression! And most likely with a workout added to the list too.