Off topic, but I want opinions from the other ladies on here

Options
2»

Replies

• GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    From the looks of your pic, GTO, you look pretty great in camo!

Thanks~ that pic was about 15 lbs. ago....:wink:
  • wanabgawgus
    Options
    i have the same problem, my fiance hasn't asked me to wear sexier clothes etc but i feel i should the only problem is i cant be bothered to do the hoovering in a mini skirt and stiletoes lol joking aside i think its good to make the effort and you would look good and feel good
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    Options
    Has someone been watching too many re-runs of Leave it to Beaver an Father Knows Best?:laugh:

Just kidding...I just had this image in my head of June Cleaver in her heals and dress cleaning the house....

Seriously..If he is mentioning it to you then make and effort a couple of times a week. It will make him happy ( and maybe you too:wink::wink: )
    I agree with another post that a nice pair of jeans and a top can be sexy too!
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    did you smack him with a wet dishtowel? i'm a stay at home mom, too. i don't dress up. it's pointless for me to dress up. the only places i go are to drop off and pick my son up from preschool and the grocery store. my husband is thankful i shower and dress on a daily basis. if he wants you to dress up, tell him to take you to dinner every once in awhile.
  • GTOgirl1969
    GTOgirl1969 Posts: 2,527 Member
    Options
    did you smack him with a wet dishtowel? i'm a stay at home mom, too. i don't dress up. it's pointless for me to dress up. the only places i go are to drop off and pick my son up from preschool and the grocery store. my husband is thankful i shower and dress on a daily basis. if he wants you to dress up, tell him to take you to dinner every once in awhile.

I told him that exact same thing:laugh:
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    I told him that exact same thing:laugh:

good girl *L*
  • KristaKris
    Options
    Its always good to look your best for your husband...you never want them to lose interest in you...But at the same time sweats/pj's are really comfortable....Tell him if he wants you to wear sexier clothes he is going to have to buy them for you lol;)
  • kingon8
    kingon8 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I do make sure I am cleaned up and usually have a little makeup on when my honey comes home, not so much for him but for me, I feel so much better when I am cleaned up a bit. Also I never wanted to be one of those women who let herself go after she got married. Although we are not married, but have lived together 5 years and been together 7. I find that usually when the day is done and my hair is a mess and I am in my pjs, I feel like crap and am in a pissy mood, so I try to clean up during the day.-And I guess part of me does feel inclined to not look like I've been sleeping all day since he has been at work all day.:tongue:
  • Helawat
    Helawat Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I'm so different! I don't walk downstairs in the morning without my hair and makeup done. I sure as hell won't go out of the house unless I'm dressed as best as possible. When I go out at night, or stay at home in the evening, I dress as sexy as my man wants.

I can only do this because I don't work, have children, or go to school. Work starts for me in August but until then what my man wants is what my man gets.
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    wellllll, I work and house clean and he so helps me all the time, what a good hubby I have,
    I am a tom boy who likes cars, gassers, drag racing nad car shows.
    Anything out doors.
    I run around in sweats, lounge pants, mens boxers, t's and tank tops and even going from 238 to 200 to 218 down to 214, he can never keep his hands off me.

He sees more to me then a dress up doll, "no offense intended".

Dress up for me is jeans, sandles, cowboy boots and a necklace and earrings....

Like most on here, we are work at home and work away moms with a lot o our plates.....

I'm not saying induldge in a fantasy or two, but heck, I can't be a barbie doll all the time.

And as for make up, colored lip gloss, brown or green eye liner and brown mascara, with red blond hair....

Yep, I went back to my natural color.....

other then what have some have seen in the pics!!
  • dxeebelle
    Options
    ok here is my opinion from my expierence...

My friend and I are both losing weight. We also happen to live in a military town which means there are a variety of people around. ( I swear I have NEVER seen one of the neighbors in anything but jammies.. EVER) OUr observation has been just this.......

We both try to "dress up" when we leave the house. OF course we are not going to clean the house in our nice clothes.. the bleach spots on the nice clothes really stink :) LOL BUT we have noticed that if we dress up and present ourselves put together in hair and clothes people notice. After a while people start to notice and compliment us on our apperance. This only adds to our self esteem which tends to help when you get those frustrating days about not meeting your goals on certain days.
    So, while I think that it is good to look good for your spouse, it is most important to do it for yourself. And as someone said, sexy clothes don't always mean stilleto's and all that goes with them.. leave those for special occasions:) but try to break out of your "old heavier self". And this doesn't have to be an expensive ordeal.... Shop the sale racks and try things on you don't think you would wear.. you would be suprised.. IT took me FOREVER to realize I didn't need to buy a size L top anymore until I accidently grabbed a M!

GOOD LUCK.. :)
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i realize not everyone is like me. i mean, let's face it, i'm a pretty special case. i'm a tomboy, always have been. this doesn't mean i don't know how to girl up from time to time, but my hubby knew what he was getting into when he married me ...for better or worse. i figure if i'm cooking, cleaning and taking care of the kids, i'm doing my job. to ask me to dress up for him without him taking me to dinner or something (without any incentive)...forget it. i'm not too worried about my husband "losing interest" in me if i don't dress up. first of all i can't get him to leave me alone! second of all, he knows if he ever "lost interest" in me, i'd be done and gone. i don't put up with nonsense.
  • dangerouscurves
    Options
    I work alot and when I am not working I like to look nice. Its all about making myself feel good. As for my boyfriend I know he would like to see me keep myself up as well as I with him. Maybe you should listen to what he is trying to tell you OR not actually saying,,,,, You wouldn't want him looking elsewhere. I am sure you dont have to hang around the house looking like you dont care about your appearance- It makes you feel good about yourself and keeps him thinking about just how beautiful you are the first time he saw you and how you still are.:flowerforyou:
  • bjigglepants
    Options
    i have to ask this....does your husband take the time and effort to look "pretty" for you?

i can't believe how many "look nice for him or he'll look elsewhere" posts i've read. if he (hypothetical guy, not the OP's guy) looks elsewhere because you're not spiffed up for him, then the guy is a jerk and you're better off without him. some people like dressing up, for whatever reason it makes them feel good about themselves. but there are other people, myself included, who are happiest when they're comfortable. if you're secure in your relationship, you shouldn't have to feel the need to make any "last ditch efforts" to secure his loyalty. any dressing up, makeup, doing up your hair, etc should be for you..not for someone else.

i'm just saying.

eta: most guys are happy just to be able to touch your naughty fun parts on a semi regular basis. if you DO want to surprise him, visit a novelty store or buy some lingerie. but as i've said before, this should be for YOU as well, not just him.
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,697 Member
    Options
    This may have been said over and over in this post but I don't have time to read all of them. It is good for your marriage to dress up once in awhile. I am a stay at home mom and I love to sit around in sweat or pajamas, but some times I try to wear a dress for my hubby when he gets off work. I sit around in my sweat or whatever all day so I can clean or do what I do comfortably, then about an hour or so before he gets home I put on a dress and do my hair (sort of) and put make up. Some times even just putting on a dress is enough to get his attention, but I try to do the whole thing. I feel really uncomfortable about it because I don't like to attract attention to myself, even form my hubby some times, but the look on his face is worth it. I would like to do it about once a week, just pick a random day. Right now it's maybe once a month. So do it once in awhile for him. It makes him feel special and loved. :flowerforyou: