Do you consume all of your allotted calories?

Options

Replies

• karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    The concept of not eating all the calories I'm allowed doesn't even occur to me. The only reason I leave <5 on the table is because I haven't found anything that's 1 calorie.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a pig.

AGREED I likes to eat. That is my motivation to work out. I certainly did not get fat by not eating. Some days I don't eat them all but that is pretty rare.
  • L00py_T0ucan
    L00py_T0ucan Posts: 1,378 Member
    Options
    funny-gifs-eat-all-the-things1.gif

NIIICE!
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Yep. I'm an oinker. I eat every last glorious one of them.
  • RichNice
    RichNice Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I tend to leave about 1300 to 1500 calories on the table during the week....this is after I eat my exercise calories back....the weekend on the other hand a another story all together...
  • cheeksv
    cheeksv Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    I am usually under. It is hard sometimes to find something that is low calorie and wont make you go over on anything else, especially in the evening. Also if I am not hungry I try not to force myself to eat. For someone who used to over eat, even when full, promoting that for the sake of hitting a certain number is not a road I am willing to go down. so If I am full and have some left I probably won't eat them.
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i definitely do not eat all my calories.... but i have been eating so healthily, and so i dont feel the NEED to eat alot, but it wasnt always like that, i used to eat nonstop. It takes time to adjust to only fresh natural foods and a fair amount, but you feel awesome after a while. and i spend ALOT of time exercising, so that distracts me from food too
  • jankleberry
    Options
    If Im not hungry I wont eat all my calories but if I am hungry I will eat them all and ever go over a bit if I have to!
  • Nickieg3
    Nickieg3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't have a problem meeting my calories goals... but where I get stuck is on the protein/sugar/ etc part... it seems like every time I try and meet my caloric goal, my protein is way higher... I read somewhere that your body can't do much with more than like 40-50 grams of protein a day (atleast my size I should say) any suggestions? :ohwell:
  • allison_joan
    Options
    Not to sound rude but it says on your ticker you are looking to lose 50 pounds, maybe more? If you were having trouble eating 1200 calories in the first place you probably wouldn't have joined this site. To answer your question though: yes, I always eat my 1200 calories that are given to me at the start of the day (before working out). I usually only work out for about 30 minutes a day which is usually gives me about 350 extra calories a day. These extra 350 calories I sometimes eat and sometimes do not eat based on how I am feeling that day.
  • emmasmum07
    emmasmum07 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i eat all of my calories, and if my friends have some leftover on their journals i'll eat those too!!!

:)
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    The concept of not eating all the calories I'm allowed doesn't even occur to me. The only reason I leave <5 on the table is because I haven't found anything that's 1 calorie.

However, in the interest of full disclosure, I'm a pig.

He just sang a line from my song!
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I ate all my alloted calories when I was trying to lose weight. I am now on maintenance and doing a Primal diet...so if I dont eath them all..I make sure to hit my macros..
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    eat if you are hungry... if you aren't don't stress too much as long as you are getting what your body needs to not put you in starvation mode....
  • sandhen
    Options
    I'm new too and I also am finding it difficult to eat all my calories. I don't touch my exercise calories. In fact I often have to snack in order to get closer to the alotted amount. I'm never sure what to do with the red warning when I post at the end of the day.
  • 1WorkoutAtATime
    Options
    I usually don't eat back all the cals I have left over from after I workout..
  • DatEpicChick
    DatEpicChick Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    i have also been exercising an average of 900 calories a day, so do what you have to do, but i tell you what, i'm on Day 12 of like exercising and eating AWESOME, i've gone from 155 to 144 (THIS MORNING). I'm so stoked, and i've been doing weights and firming my flab! It feels so awesome, and i cant wait to see 13*, i havent seen 144 since before i was pregnant in 2010. if you need help, talks, or motivation, add me!
  • bergsangel
    Options
    I try not to eat back my exercise calories because I am 5'1" and have only a few more pounds to lose which are sticking. it is def different for everyone, but i will say it is DAMN HARD WORK to stay under 1200. On the days I just can't, I sure am glad to have those exercise cals to use!
    I honestly cannot imagine not using my cals. I'm pretty much hungry all the time...
  • MissMarcia79
    Options
    Yes...I am always mystified by people who find it hard to eat 1200, 1500, even 2000 calories. I eat all my exercise calories back and I still want more. 1200 is nothing!
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too. I also find it hard to eat all the calories I'm supposed to! My goal is 1200 a day, plus all the extra that come from exercising. I'm trying really hard to eat healthy low calorie foods, so it feels like I'm always eating and not getting enough calories!

Healthy does not mean low calorie, any more than low calorie means healthy. There are plenty of high calorie healthy foods, and low calories unhealthy foods. Balance your diet, and stop thinking that lower = better, because it's simply not true.
  • lazyspice
    lazyspice Posts: 8,515 Member
    Options
    Yup, every single one I can get my greedy little hands on - including the 600-700 I burn each day!