any 5'7 girls out there?

Options

Replies

• dawnstrassburg
    Options
    I am 5'7 and I am only 5 days in. I am at 186.5 right now (probally less but I only weigh myself once a week) and my goal is 140. I am hoping to hit this by the end of July. I am getting married August 11 and want to be at my goal weight for my final fitting! And I want to wear a bikini without shame on my honeymoon! Any pointers are appreciated!
  • Auspiciousgirl
    Options
    I'm 5'8 and my goal is 145 lbs. I think that's totally doable, and very healthy :)
  • twotwentyeight
    Options
    Finally! Tall girls!

I am 5'7 as well.
    I started using MFP at 228 pounds.
    I am now at 163 pounds, looking to get down to 150 - 140 depending on how I feel : )

Those goal weights are very very doable! Good luck! : )
  • mem1086
    mem1086 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5" with an hourglass figure. My goal is 133. Almost there, but I need to tighten things up!
  • jac2lyn
    Options
    Im 5'6 and weight 136. My goal weight is 126 but its hard to maintain, I was their about a year ago and want to get back to it. I was told by some that I did not look healthy though, so be prepared if you lose too much weight. I am best at maintaining at around 130-133. I also look healthy. As long as I maintain my tone I am good at 130. Im a size 2-4 and wear a small or x-small top typically. At the moment I do have a little lower belly pooch that I hate, I have had it forever and even a little at my thinnest, I am beginning to think that it is a genetic curse.

Good luck with your goal!!
  • MelsFitLife
    MelsFitLife Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Don't give up....you can get there. I am 5'7..started out at 142.2 and I am now 127.8. YOU CAN DO IT !!! :) That 130 mark is hard, but the joy of seeing it is priceless !
  • Winnetka75
    Winnetka75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Love this post!!! Everyone add me : )
    I'm 5'7" too. Starting weight in Jan was 184 and current weight is 169. Goal weight is 130. Seems very far away right now! But I'm committed to my new healthy lifestyle. Interesting how much your frame plays into how you look. I'm small framed so I look super heavy now : (
  • evansproudmama
    Options
    Hola :-) Im 5'7 and a 1/2 lol My heaviest weight was 210 when I gave birth to my son that was three years ago lol I started MFP at 180 and set my goal to 130-+135 however I dont think I will get that low as I have big bones and hold my weight extremly well. I have 9 lbs to lose to hit the top of the healthy BMI scale and than I will re evaluta my goal weight. As of today I weigh 168 which is the lowest I have been since before baby!! Add me if you would like :-)
  • GlenWalterGal
    GlenWalterGal Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm a 5'7, 63 year old and my starting weight was 211.

I've only been on for approx. 2 and 1/2 weeks and have lost 6 pounds. I have a long way to go as my goal is to be in the 140/155 range (Less would be good but I'm trying to be realistic here).

Nice to know there are so many people with similar goals. Good luck to all of us.
  • Helice
    Helice Posts: 1,075 Member
    Options
    I am 5"7 and about 134 pounds.. (I am a UK size 8 / US size 6).
    When i first originally joined my fitness pal i was about 105 pounds, but at that time i was also UK size 8 / US size 6.. which is strange.. but either way.
    My goal then was to get to about 100 pounds, whereas now my goal is to get to about 110 pounds and then just tone up, (i think that was my problem before because i didnt have any muscle tone)..

So yeah the amount you said sounds very reasonable.
  • tiptoeketo
    tiptoeketo Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    5'7 here

Starting weight - 173
    Current weight - 154
    Goal weight - 140
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    I am about 5'9" so just a bit taller, but my goal weight is 140. I may stop before then depending on how I look. This is my goal range, I should say.
  • KarateGoddess
    KarateGoddess Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I'm about 5'7" and I started Jan 3 2012 at 162 and am now 153. Back into my size 29s!! YAY! Anyway, my goal weight is 135 for now but I'm not sure that is going to be a realistic weight for me since I am very muscular - we'll see though. I haven't been 135 since the early 90s so this will be exciting.
  • mtracy11
    Options
    I am 5'7" and 140 is pretty accurate for your height. I am trying to get down to 135, but I am doing this knowing that I'll fluctuate 5 pounds up/down once I get to this weight. It also depends on your body structure, amount of exercise, etc. Good luck with your goal!
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi.........I'm 5'7" started at 185 a couple years ago..............lost down to 145 and was very comfortable and slender in a size 8. (I have no hips....lol). I am aiming for 150 this go around and then we will see from there.
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    wow...this has made me realize I need to re-evaluate my goals...I was hoping 145-150 would be good....but damn...now maybe my goal should be 130.... I am currently 190/189 wearing a size 14/16 depending on the brand..
  • kellilee14
    kellilee14 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yyay good for you. Keep it up.
  • karenwill2
    karenwill2 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7 and my goal weight is between 140-150. So yes, depending on your bone structure, it is doable.
  • jackie6411
    Options
    I'm 5"7" and I was at my best when I weighed 135- 140 lbs. I'm 170 now-- goal is 145. I think being realistic I'd be happy at 150 even!
  • simplyeater
    simplyeater Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    Me, but I'm so far away from a goal weight that I have no idea where I want to end up. I'll try to remember this thread when the time comes :smile: