Results from 30 Day Shred and a month of MFP

Options
Hi all, I’m really excited to share my success so far. My victories are small scale compared to those of a lot of folks, but it feels like a pretty big transformation for me. I wasn't overweight when I started MFP, but I was definitely unhealthy (from eating too much crap and never exercising) and uncomfortable. So a few days after Christmas I decided it was time to get back on track. I used the 30 Day Shred, plus some extra running on the side, and started eating less crap and more healthy food. I've also been relying lots on support from my friends, which I really appreciate. :flowerforyou: It’s been a little over a month, and I’m pretty happy with my progress so far!

Starting weight: 129 / Current weight: 122.4
Starting waist: 29 inches / Current waist: 27 inches
Starting body fat (per bioimpedence): 24.6% Current body fat: 21.9%
And, drumroll please, pictures. (I’ve never posted pics before, so please be nice!)

Before:
28ri44g.jpg2qcpdte.jpgrrm69y.jpg

After:
2kfrmb.jpg29mo9ko.jpg15hfziw.jpg

So that’s me! I’ve also been lured over to the dark side and will be starting a heavy lifting program this week, so hopefully I’ll be posting even better success pictures soon! Thanks for stopping by! :smile:

Replies

• OrangeUK
    Options
    Can deffinetly see the difference, especially in the last before/after picture. Good job :)
  • kltobin2010
    kltobin2010 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous!!! Great determination....and thanks for your support! :)
  • wady24
    wady24 Posts: 75
    Options
    You look great. I can totally see more definition in your waist and upper body! Good job

I am about 8 lbs heavier than your starting weight and am about 5" 4' tall. Can you tell me approx how many calories are you eating in a day? I have been working out pretty actively (3 days a week of HIIT & some other sutff). I have not really seen a major drop in the scale but have lost a few inches. I am also starting on the heavy lifting soon but would like to be around 125 lbs or so before I go gung-ho on it.

Just curious how tall you are? how many calories you consume in a day AND approx ratio of macros (protein/fat/carb)?

Sorry for so many questions but I look a bit like you (except the extra 8 lbs are in my muffin top!) so want some progress now!
  • CruzZ8
    CruzZ8 Posts: 71
    Options
    You look great! Good job!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just bought it. Can't wait to start it!
  • mbethune34
    mbethune34 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I wish I looked like your before ha ha
  • maybish
    Options
    awesome! can definitely see a difference in your back! i just started 30 day shred today and will be starting power 90 on monday! hope my results are as great as yours!
  • saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! Be proud of yourself!
  • nicakk01
    nicakk01 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Amazing job! Thank you for sharing, I was looking for a push today and your story has helped me! Keep up the great work!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!!
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Fantastic results! You look amazing!

That's it...this has given me the final shove to go out and try it. Thanks! :smile:
  • laura_gregory
    laura_gregory Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    That is wonderful! Sometimes the last 5-10lbs with the toning is way harder than the 30lbs or more to lose!
    you look great! i bet you feel great too. i love it when my body feels toned and strong!
  • lambertj
    lambertj Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Ok, starting Shred tonight :)
  • thatsnumberwang
    thatsnumberwang Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Hi all, thanks so much! :blushing: I'm 5'4" (on a good day) and I was eating around 1500 calories per day (including exercise cals). I'm doing maintenance now. I've definitely been trying to get a lot of protein (shooting for my body weight, but usually ending up around 90 grams) but not worrying too much about carbs or fat.
  • kopmom
    kopmom Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Nice results ! Congrats
  • kylesmommy89
    kylesmommy89 Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! Your 30DS results are very similar to mine. Jillian rocks! Isn't it amazing seeing your body change?! Congrats girl!! Keep it up!!!
  • morgansmom02
    morgansmom02 Posts: 1,139 Member
    Options
    You have a gorgeous body before and after!!
  • fat2phat09
    fat2phat09 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Gd job. Way to go.
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    Looking Great!! I definitely can see the difference!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Awesome results!! I can see big changes. I love success stories like yours!

Can't wait to see the pics after some heavy lifting!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!