Russ Branjord's Spike Day

Options

Replies

• chosengiver
    chosengiver Posts: 1,493
    Options
    Spike for me!! Beginning Week 4
    Broke a 6 MONTH plateau--FINALLY!! (& I tried almost everything!!)
    Thank You so MUCH!!!
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    ok so i have been unintentionally binging... i am usually at about 1500 calories a day to maintain or lose just the last 2 ish lbs... so i had a 1900-2000 cal day and then the next day went to 1200. i never thought about it being a spike day but this is an interesting idea. if i did have a really bad binge maybe it isn't really as awful as i thought... interesting...
  • Daphnemomof9
    Daphnemomof9 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I know, it would totally blow the "Well I screwed up my diet, so I might as well quit" idea, big time.
  • ThinningDownChick
    ThinningDownChick Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I think I could spike off nothing but nutella and white bread..... and a banana, so I feel like nutritious and all, LOL!! Seriously though, i'm loving this concept!! So, with the bmr-500 for cutting, would that be everyday or do you advise people to eat close to their bmr?
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think I could spike off nothing but nutella and white bread..... and a banana, so I feel like nutritious and all, LOL!! Seriously though, i'm loving this concept!! So, with the bmr-500 for cutting, would that be everyday or do you advise people to eat close to their bmr?

As a general rule, you can eat around bmr and then 2x bmr on spike day and lose consistently.
  • 4theking
    Options
    Your right! I was just saying If I have someone that walks a couple times a week as their exercise and thats it, I will set them below their bmr and give them a bit smaller spike, especially if the person is already close to their goal weight. A person that has more to lose is normaly just fine at bmr and 2x bmr, unless they have really been undereating. In that case, I would probably bump them up slow.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options

As a general rule, you can eat around bmr and then 2x bmr on spike day and lose consistently.

Exactly, in the new book, Spike Life, I'm just going to recommend a calorie range for each non-spike day. Basically Low Day-High Day., you lose weight with either calorie goal so each person can choose to lose a bit a quicker and eat less or eat more if they feel the need.
    Each day is different anyway, sometimes I'm not hungry and I have no problems with eating a low amount and others I just need more.
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    It just seems unhealthy to binge for an entire day. It may be effective but I don't see how it can be healthy.
    I get that, but you don't need to binge for an entire day to eat 3500+ calories. You can eat 3 restaurant meals & exceed that easily, with no snacks in between. I know for me anyway that was probably typical of my daily intake before I lost weight, & I didn't binge-eat, I just ate calorie-dense food & didn't move my *kitten* at all.

Exactly I had 3 meals and a couple of snacks, and that got me to 6K cals.

Most people will spike effectively between 3,000-3,500 calories. I need more because I'm 6'2 220lbs.

My spike is normally 2000-2500 is that not high enough? Im 5'4 141lbs.
  • 4theking
    Options
    It just seems unhealthy to binge for an entire day. It may be effective but I don't see how it can be healthy.
    I get that, but you don't need to binge for an entire day to eat 3500+ calories. You can eat 3 restaurant meals & exceed that easily, with no snacks in between. I know for me anyway that was probably typical of my daily intake before I lost weight, & I didn't binge-eat, I just ate calorie-dense food & didn't move my *kitten* at all.

Exactly I had 3 meals and a couple of snacks, and that got me to 6K cals.

Most people will spike effectively between 3,000-3,500 calories. I need more because I'm 6'2 220lbs.

My spike is normally 2000-2500 is that not high enough? Im 5'4 141lbs.

You can still effectively get the benefits of the spike in that calorie range. I have many people your size spiking there.
  • ctsenos
    Options
    this is amazing! I am going to start this weekend! I am very excited.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    so i wonder how this could work for me... my bmr is about 1200... i am small.. 5'4" 125 lbs. what kind of a spike would make sense for me... i seem to maintain on about 1600, anything above that consistently i gain.
    with exercise each week i burn about 1200-1440 i would estimate. not a huge effort i know... but it's what i do.
  • amandabcdefg
    amandabcdefg Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump
  • 4theking
    Options
    so i wonder how this could work for me... my bmr is about 1200... i am small.. 5'4" 125 lbs. what kind of a spike would make sense for me... i seem to maintain on about 1600, anything above that consistently i gain.
    with exercise each week i burn about 1200-1440 i would estimate. not a huge effort i know... but it's what i do.

I would set your calories at 1200 and spike at 2000-2200.
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    This is so interesting! I've pretty much the same stats as the poster you replied to above - 5'5.5" and currently 128lbs. I'm trying to lose 8lbs to 120lbs. I average 1500 cals burn a week, not a lot at all. So you reckon 1200 cals and spike at 2000-2200 would work for me to lose weight too? If so, what would you anticipate a weekly weight loss to be?
  • 4theking
    Options
    This is so interesting! I've pretty much the same stats as the poster you replied to above - 5'5.5" and currently 128lbs. I'm trying to lose 8lbs to 120lbs. I average 1500 cals burn a week, not a lot at all. So you reckon 1200 cals and spike at 2000-2200 would work for me to lose weight too? If so, what would you anticipate a weekly weight loss to be?

Yes, I would recommend the same for you. I would guess since you are close to goal weight, 1/2 pound a week would be about right.
  • snaggly
    snaggly Posts: 48 Member
    Options

Yes, I would recommend the same for you. I would guess since you are close to goal weight, 1/2 pound a week would be about right.

Thanks for the info. I'll try that as of this week. I started at 146lbs beginning of Jan and very pleased to say that it's been quite an easy weight loss journey so far but I'm really fed up of eating healthily and clean. A spike day each week would break the monotony, I think!
  • joellevh
    joellevh Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Where can I find this e-book?

I am on a 2100 cal diet but am usually 600-700 under daily. What would my spike be??
  • xraychick82
    Options
    Ok how about for me? 5'4" 176lbs, 30 year old F....1,200 allowance + 500 for exclusively breastfeeding? I am currently not working out as I had surgery and am waiting for the all clear from my Dr.
  • 4theking
    Options

I am on a 2100 cal diet but am usually 600-700 under daily. What would my spike be??

E book can be found at spike84.com. I would need to know your bmr to help.
  • joellevh
    joellevh Posts: 27 Member
    Options

E book can be found at spike84.com. I would need to know your bmr to help.

Totally new here so.. what is a bmr?