Goat Cheese... What do you do with it?

Options
2»

Replies

• rosebud8506
    rosebud8506 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I made this last night, mix 1 oz goat cheese with 4 shallots chopped and marinated artichoke hearts chopped with 1/2 tsp thyme and stuff into chicken breasts. Yummy!
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I would marry goat cheese!
  • tunktunk5583
    tunktunk5583 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I just bought an entire pound of goat cheese (chennel) ... which I LOVE but I only know how to make about 3 things with it and would like to spice it up, and once you cut open the package you don't have as long to use it as more dry cheeses...

Any suggestions on what to do with it? I'm also open to more unhealthy suggestions as well as the healthy ones.

Thanks!

ready?
    1-
    Arugula
    Red onion
    Balsamic vinegar
    Cannellini beans
    Goat cheese
    mix these together into a salad and eat it with a whole wheat pita

2-
    Phyllo dough
    Scallions
    Olive oil
    Spinach
    Yellow onion chopped and precooked
    Goat cheese
    mix the scallions, olive oil, spinach, onions and goat cheese together and wrap it into phyllo dough "wonton" style and put in the oven at 425 for about 10-15 minutes (or whenever you think they're done)

yayyyyy
  • marianfrick
    Options
    It's ALWAYS good in salads. Also, at Trader Joe's, they have goat cheese sliced in packages, so you can put it on your sandwhiches! Yum.

Also, as a great appetizer, all you need is a log of goat cheese, chutney (can be bought at any major grocery store in the jellies/jams section), and crackers of your choice! Put the goat cheese on a plate, pour chutney over the log of goat cheese, and viola-instant cracker dip! WAY healthier than ranch dip or any Lay's, Tostitos, etc. dip. Best of all, it tastes amazing! Just be sure not to eat too much!
  • wilkyway
    wilkyway Posts: 151
    Options
    Do THIS: flatbread/cracker + goatcheese+ chopped grapes+ walnuts + honey.

*__________________________*
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Mix with your favorite preserves (Mmm... Cherry...), and some cayenne pepper. Or my personal favorite, chipotle pepper powder. YUM!!! If spice isn't your thing, mix in preserves and hershey's. Then spread on whole wheat toast. Hoo doggies.

Don't know if I'd marry goat cheese. But I'd sure spend a little time with it while the wife and kids were out of the house...
  • nayrairam
    Options
    bump
  • sing4me4you
    sing4me4you Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I love to used the herbed goat cheese in polenta.
  • cardbucfan
    cardbucfan Posts: 10,396 Member
    Options
    All my suggestions have been taken (salad, flatbread pizza, omelettes, crackers) but some of the other suggestions sound divine!
  • ickybella
    ickybella Posts: 1,438 Member
    Options
    My favorite breakfast ever: half of a whole-wheat bagel, toasted. Spread with goat cheese and top with sliced smoked salmon.
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I love goat cheese so hard, bump for all these ideas!
  • KahuNZ
    KahuNZ Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I just bought an entire pound of goat cheese (chennel) ... which I LOVE but I only know how to make about 3 things with it and would like to spice it up, and once you cut open the package you don't have as long to use it as more dry cheeses...

Any suggestions on what to do with it? I'm also open to more unhealthy suggestions as well as the healthy ones.

Thanks!
    Red onion, goats cheese, tomato, and fresh basil - add a little quality caramalised balsamic vinegar. Makes a tasty side salad
  • jr1985
    jr1985 Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    You guys are genius's! I love these! thanks!
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    goes really well with cinamon roasted butternut:flowerforyou:
  • vanesa28
    vanesa28 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Goat cheese is awesome! I have used it in tuna in place of mayo, put it on my burger, grilled chicken breast with goat cheese and sundried tomatoes, goat cheese marinara dip...