How often do YOU weigh your self?

Options

Replies

• Etiqueta
    Etiqueta Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I don't really pay attention to how often. I put the scale under the bathroom sink and just pull it out if I think about it, but I'm thinking it's around once a week-ish.
  • kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Daily.......lost and have kept off over 60 pounds for almost six years.

I think it is a PERSONAL choice. What is good for me might not be good for the next person. You can do all kinds of research, read all kinds of books, get all kinds of advice. What other people do really doesn't matter -- do what works for YOU!

Kaye
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    For the first year of my weight loss journey I weighed my self daily. The rapid changes the first year were an encouragemnt daily. Now I do it weekly. As progress has slowed day to day is depressing.
    Don't wory about what others say, there is no right or wrong to this. What ever system works best to motovate you is right.
  • Happyguy
    Happyguy Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself daily but don't obsess about the number. I run every day and the number goes into my log which automatically averages out the weight for the week. With the day to day highs and lows I think I get a clearer picture of where I am if I go by the weekly average.
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    i weigh myself every monday :)
  • junyr
    junyr Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I do daily on my wii fit board. I like having the line graph it creates to see trending. The daily fluctuations do not bother me when I can see history and trends.
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Every morning. And yes, I obsess about the number. I'm okay with that.
  • Natural
    Natural Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    i used to weigh in daily, but i'm over it already. whenever i feel like it now, maybe twice a month. maybe.
  • ItsJenn32
    Options
    Once a week, on Monday mornings :)
  • mab33
    mab33 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Like a lot of folks have said, daily but I record it weekly. For a long time I would obsess over the scale every day to the point my husband would get mad at me. Now I have a tape measure to make sure I am making progress those weeks when I see no change on the scale.
  • buckobuckobucko
    Options
    First thing every morning. I want a heads up if weight is climbing cause I aint going back to 270!
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Try to only once a week, but every once in a while, I'll jump on just to be excited lol
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I had been doing it every day but that TOM has arrived and I've decided to drop it down to 1 x a week. I'm not doing myself any favours by being crazy about it. I retain water like a crazy person ( 4-6 lbs ) and I'm not getting on the scale till it's over with!
  • Hayesgang
    Options
    Once a month on the 6th.
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    Every time I walk by the scales... :)
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    daily, morning and night, night time because i like to see what im holding from the day, and every morning because i think its good to note the fluctuations and what causes them, i record each time it goes down from previoius recorded weight,

i was up 1.5 pounds this morning, my wedding band was tight, so ive drank extra water today to balance out the sodium/water retention i obviously have, if that day were my once a week weigh in, i would not have lost anything this week and been discouraged, it keeps me sane this way.
  • beckipercy
    beckipercy Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I record once a week, but tend to have a sneaky peak once or twice throughout the week!
  • musicgirl99
    musicgirl99 Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I have only been weighing myself every two weeks. That's only because when I started trying to lose weight I worked so hard and didn't lose anything for a few weeks straight and got discouraged. To avoid becoming discouraged and falling off the wagon again, I just don't weigh myself as often.
  • mllowe2
    mllowe2 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I only allow myself to weigh in on Fridays, becuase I become easily discouraged.

^^This
  • thickmomma0519
    Options
    At most I would weigh myself every two weeks. A lot of people become discouraged if they find that the weight isn't lost as fast as they want it to be. I worked out a whole month before I weighed myself the last time I was getting into shape. By the time I had hit the scale, I had lost 20 pounds!!! I worked out like a dog though, I definitely plan to do the same this time and make it a permanent lifestyle choice.