Ready to Slim down with SI6

Options

Replies

• McLachfan
    McLachfan Posts: 50
    Options
    aprilm - This is my first week on the SI6 program. I only did SIU for two days. I started RIU yesterday. I did not do the fast prior to starting the program. However, I am doing the 6-day express diet plan. I remember reading that I could do the two day fast after the 6-day express, so I may do that.
  • wwalke02
    wwalke02 Posts: 61
    Options
    M-

What 6 day express diet plan are you doing? I have started one, but plan to at some point during the 6 weeks. I am looking at plan 2, but I don't drink milk or soy milk - so I am not sure what to substitute for that. I am curious if you are staying full?

Thanks.
  • McLachfan
    Options
    wwalke02 - I am doing plan 2. The whey protein smoothies are very filling. I mix it with milk, but you can mix it with water also. The only part of the plan I struggle with is eating the same boring salad for lunch every day. But I do feel satisfied. I've actually had to schedule my snacks into my blackberry so I remember to eat! Could I eat more than what they allow? Heck yeah! But again, I'm SATISFIED and am trying to train myself to continue this way instead of eating so much I'm ready to hurl. :tongue:
  • Tere07
    Tere07 Posts: 46
    Options
    Am I supposed to do a fast before starting my SLIM IN 6 video?
    I didn't, and I started them last week. I'm ready to go to the "ramp it up" 45 minute phase but i wasn't sure when I should do that?

Fast is not really necessary but just like a cleanse for your body. I tried it and it made me feel weak and had a headache. I am back eating today and might wo tonight...:happy:

Oh, what day are you on with SI6?

KPP!

tere
  • Tere07
    Options
    M~
    Told you the leg lifts are terror!!!:mad: I am gonna see what to do to modify bec. the knee feels weird after I am on all 4s.

How's the plan doing for you?

Tere
  • wwalke02
    Options
    M- did you order the whey protein smoothies from beach body? I am glad to hear your satisfied. I was afraid I would be starving. Good job you only have a few days left of boring salads!
  • McLachfan
    Options
    Terror is right, T! Makes me want to :drinker: and I'm not talking about just water! :wink: I'm DREADING doing them tomorrow, but, of course, I will... I've got my eye on the prize. And the fact that I'm down 5 pounds already certainly helps. Now before anyone goes giving me heck about obsessive weighing (I do a good enough job of giving myself heck thank you very much! :tongue: LOL) let me say that I only know my progress on a daily basis because I've been doing daily body tests on the Wii Fit. Now I suppose I could not look at the weight, but what would be the fun in that??? :noway:

wwalke02 - I compared a lot of different whey protein powders and finally ended up with EAS 100% pure whey protein (I bought the vanilla flavored, although they do have other flavors). It has 23g of protein per serving, which is 5g more than the Beachbody whey protein. Plus it's low on calories, sugar and sodium. I've been making smoothies with it every morning the last few days and it's actually pretty tasty! You can pick a jug of it up at your local Target for around $20 and there is 31 servings in each jug.

I'm hittin' the hay... time to repair my body to get ready for those leg lifts in the a.m.! :grumble:
  • wwalke02
    Options
    Thanks for the information. I think I might try Plan 2. I am getting ready to start Burn it Up this weekend, I hope she takes out those brutal leg lifts. I have yet to be able to do those the whole way through.

Have a great weekend.
  • Tere07
    Options
    WoW! You gals are crushing it!

Congrats M for losing 5 lbs!!!:drinker: Let's drink to that - this time water..hehe. I will start Monday and BIU for 4 weeks. Hopefully, we will be about 1-2 weeks within each other. Ok, I might do the plan 2 as well start Mon.

I was busy with grad practice with our seniors today and tomorrow, is their graduation. Then, Monday is my last day to work and I will be busy cleaning my office. So, I will be able to concentrate on good eating and my wo this summer. YEAH!!!!

OK ttys...

Tere
  • wwalke02
    Options
    I just watched BIU to get an idea of what it was - OMG I'm skurred. It looks sooo very hard. I will need 4 weeks to get through it! I start it on Monday - ugh.
  • McLachfan
    Options
    wwalk - Let me know how it goes. I'm have another week of RIU before I get into BIU. Maybe it's not as bad as it looks? :noway:
  • Tere07
    Options
    I just watched BIU to get an idea of what it was - OMG I'm skurred. It looks sooo very hard. I will need 4 weeks to get through it! I start it on Monday - ugh.

Great! I am going to be doing BIU for the next 4 weeks as well and really focus on my eating. I am starting with The Extreme Fat Smash food plan and hopefully, it will work well with my wo plan. I am off to pp with BIU. How are you doing with it?

TTYL...

tere
  • Tere07
    Options
    M~ Hey there! OK, so finally, no more work for me until Aug. 20. I am on my summer break and ready to crush this thing!:happy:

I am off as well to pp with BIU...how long before you got to BIU. I should say it is just a little fast pace compared to RIU. The leg lifts are longer and yes! LONGer!!!:frown:

ttys....
  • wwalke02
    Options
    I started BIU today. It is definitely a faster pace and I thought it was hard. I couldn''t do it all w/o stopping, especially those *^&%$! leg lifts. They are painful. I am going to start the 6 day express eating plan next week. I hope that will help shed a few lbs.

M - how much did you end up losing during your 6 day express?
  • peapods02
    peapods02 Posts: 27
    Options
    Good for you! :happy:

You are right that it is faster paced, but I promise that it does get a little easier every time you do it. I started BIU in the 2nd week and today I just started the 5th week (a light at the end of the tunnel) and I surprised myself with how many squats, lunges, and leg lifts I am now doing. I have now been able to get all the way down in the side crunch plie thing. However, something I still WILL NOT do is those darn jumping jacks, maybe one day?!?! I am a true believer in this program and it does work, as long as you fully commit yourself.

Great job on your hard work.

200021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • wwalke02
    Options
    Peapod - I hope it gets easier. That is great you can do those side bends - they are hard. I find it harder to get motivated for BIU than I was for RIU. Maybe because I know this is for 4 more weeks. --sigh--.

HOw are you logging this exercise?
  • wwalke02
    Options
    So I guess I do know why I am not as motivated its because I have not lost any weight or inches so far. GRRRR.
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hey wwalke02,
    I am on my 4th week of SI6--I did one week of SIU, two weeks of RIU, and I'll finish the last three weeks with BIU. I haven't seen much weight loss yet, but I'm told by people who have done the program before that that's normal. I definitely feel stronger and look slimmer. I check in with people doing the same program on the Beach Body message boards, and you'll definitely get results, as long as the eating stays clean.

Today I did my second BIU day, and oh god, those leg lifts! They kill me. But Debbie's butt keeps me inspired!
  • zoink66
    zoink66 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Oh, and does anybody know how many calories are burned with RIU and BIU? I've been logging it here as high impact aerobics...but I want to make sure I'm not overestimating my calories because I tend to eat my workout calories and don't want to eat too many! I've searched but I can't really find a good estimate of calories burned for this program.
  • Tere07
    Options
    So I guess I do know why I am not as motivated its because I have not lost any weight or inches so far. GRRRR.

How far are you with SI6? Remember that some people lose more by their 4th - 6th week. So, hang in there! I am on day 2 with BIU and just got it done. Also, you want to make sure your eating is clean. No junk or that will hinder weight loss big time.

Kpp!:happy:

Tere