anyone on a 1200 calorie diet

Options
13»

Replies

• StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I love chicken so i buy a big family pack of breast and slice it all up in thin slices, across not lengthwise. I boil it in a pot of chicken stock (find the low sodium low calories one) and i add chili powder, paprika and pepper to taste. I boil chicken not long and cool it down and put in frig. I eat that all week, cold on salad, hot as soup with vege i cook later, sometimes i melt cheese on some. I have other meals too not just chicken. Its my go to meals cuz life is busy. If you dont have what you need on your diet, you will fail.
  • MissKim
    MissKim Posts: 2,853 Member
    Options
    I try to stick close to 1200, but really I just eat when I'm hungry and whatever the calories are that's just where they are. I don't eat sugar or grains though...and I'm not in starvation mode or having any kind of lack of nutrients either. as a matter of fact, i hit all of my nutrient goals everyday b/c of all the fruits and veggies i eat. Feel free to add me :)
  • ChrisGoldn
    ChrisGoldn Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Actually i wouldnt worry about trying to stick so hard to 1200 calories, instead for easier and lasting weight loss results, focus more on your carb and sugar intake.... Carbs shouldn't exceed 100-125 grams and sugar 50 grams a day... if you watch these 2 specifically... the calories will be very easy to be 1200 or lower.

Good Luck!
  • gavrielaw101
    Options
    Hello all,
    Nice to have this forum on 1200 cals. I've only been on this venture since Dec and have lost 10lbs and at the very beginning of my journey to good health----still have 30 to go for my first goal. Am staying at 1200 and some days eat my exercise calories and some not. Am accumulating some great recipes so eating is not so rigid. Am using eggplant, mashed cauliflower (surprisingly good) and roasted veggies using an organic virgin olive oil spray. Also like tri-color slaw with 2 tsp organic sugar, a tsp of mineral salt and rice vinegar. For the first time ever, am weighing any meat I eat so that helps. Best to all here.
  • horaks
    horaks Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I am as well its hard, I think you can look at my diary as well-to get ideas
  • rudzud
    rudzud Posts: 24
    Options
    I find myself eating 1200-1400 daily. Not trying to, its just after the meals I cook I'm not really that hungry later in the day!
  • jaymarie8
    Options
    hello all:) im doing 1200 as well but usually over due to exersice:) ive been drinking green smoothies everyday that helps get in a lot of veggies and usually tastes fabulous:) feel free to browse my diary, and everyone feel free to add me, im on my seventh day and would love support and advice:)
  • gavrielaw101
    Options
    Very excellent idea to cut up chicken breasts, cook and freeze for later use :-0
  • shelbyyfoxx
    Options
    cooking in bulk before hand really helps i find. but then again, i tend to eat out a lot. but i only go to places that i can use MFP. gotta live a little, right? haha. BTW. i just started the 1200 cal diet again (after a verry long break) and would love to make some friends for inspiration, help, encouragement and all those wonderful things you do with friends =) soo feel free to add me up !
  • wmsimmons11
    Options
    I fI count net carbs and do Medifast for some foods, do you think they would work together? Do you count net carbs?