Do you still eat or drink..........

Options

Replies

• angeldelight13
    angeldelight13 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    i eat all of the above, but to be fair il only have milk once or twice a week at most in some tea, and pasta is a last resort meal as its so many calories for so little. But i eat a lot of rice and i have white bread every day and im losing weight.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

I have skimmed milk, have done for years, not keen on full fat.
    Sometimes I have white bread, but prefer multigrain, took me years to get used to any bread other than white.
    I don't like rice.
    Yes I do eat white pasta.

Yes I am losing weight.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I've always had skimmed milk and usually prefer mutligrain/brown bread to white. I still eat white pasta and rice (although don't have rice very often). Overall I have cut down on bread and pasta, but have them each a couple of times a week. Bread tends to make me feel bloated if I have it more than that but even then it doesn't seem to affect the weight loss for me. I have lost about 40 lbs and am still losing.
  • Beth720
    Beth720 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    White rice when I get Chinese as I've only found one place that has brown rice. That's a once or twice a month thing though.

My bread is generally wheat or multi-grain...but when I get a baguette or some french bread it's white.
  • ashby00
    ashby00 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm a wholegrain person too, have been for many years, and skimmed/semi skimmed milk. I only eat white flour when I want to eat cake! Brown rice tastes better than white too.....x
  • azura8181
    Options
    Yes except whole milk I never did like milk but I make sure I get calisum from other sources. I also drink diet pop!
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    I haven't drunk whole milk since I was 2 years old.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I've never been a huge fan of full fat milk but I put it in my coffee these days.

Yes, to all the others. (although I do whole wheat most of the time, but sometimes still white). Did you know brown rice has a LOT more calories than white rice and doesn't taste as good? I've pretty much switched completely back to white.

Right now I'm not trying to lose, but yes, I still ate all (except the whole milk, I used to put skim in coffee) that when I was losing and probably will when I do start trying to lose again.
  • WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    The only white thing from your list that I still eat is pasta. Yes, I'm still losing.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    I do not eat any of those. Sometimes white rice if I'm having sushi but that's once every 6 months.
  • formersec
    formersec Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I eat Dreamfields or similar pasta that appear to be white, but they are good for diabetics. Less likely to spike blood glucose.
  • rf1170
    rf1170 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I. LOVE. Milk. Rather, I love whole, raw milk from Jersey cows who eat grass. Jerseys are a breed native to one of the small Channel Islands, and they're known for producing some of the richest (read: highest fat content) milk. I drive up to Pennsylvania every week or so (raw milk isn't sold here in Maryland), and pick up a gallon from a family farm. When I have it, I drink a lot of it, and make yogurt, butter, cheese, kefir, and other stuff with it too - obviously, when I take the cream to make something else, it's skimmed, not whole. If I can't get it, I just don't drink milk, because now I don't like the taste of store-bought.

That said, I have lost weight, I think because I've gotten better at recognizing what made me gain it in the first place. Some people don't like dairy, or can't tolerate it, and I think they're perfectly healthy without it. Personally, I tend to overeat refined carbs, so I try not to eat much of them, or prepare my own when I do. (Of course, "try" is an operative word there...)

You might do well to try swapping out some of these foods for others that you've wanted to try, or that you've heard good things about. You might like the alternatives more than you'd expect! Good luck!
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk - yes, but only in the RAW form..........straight from a farm and grass fed cows

White Bread - NO and haven't in years

White rice - NO

White pasta. - NO

Are you losing weight?

I no longer consume any grains and I won't consume much dairy from a grocery store. We get raw milk, cream, butter and a couple of cheeses from a local Amish farm.

Sometimes I make my own yogurt..........and sometimes I will buy Fage or Greek Gods from the grocery, but not often.
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    I don't touch any of those as I instantly gain weight. I'm focussing on eating mainly whole foods with very little processed food. Special occasions only now.

This is me too...........except I prefer to not have any processed foods. Even on special occasions if I will splurge on a dessert or something, it must be made from whole foods ingredients from SCRATCH.

Something like a grainless pie or apple crisp. And cheesecake with a nut crust and stevia to sweeten.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Full fat milk

White Bread

White rice

White pasta.

Are you losing weight?

No- but I don't drink milk. I have FF for cereal.

Yes- I make my own bread, alternating between wheat and white.

Yes- on occasion, but usually cook brown.

Yes

Yes- I have lost over 25lbs through counting and moderation. Nothing is off limits to me, I just measure and hold myself accountable. :)
  • MelissaL582
    MelissaL582 Posts: 1,422 Member
    Options
    White rice- Jasmine rice

I have too! I'm Filipino and we gotta have jasmine rice with meat. Haha!

I still eat white pasta from time to time.

My ticker speaks for itself.
  • ashleab37
    ashleab37 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Rarely, sometimes, sometimes and YES. For the most part, if it fits in your calories you will still lose weight, don't stress.
  • SkinnieFinnie
    SkinnieFinnie Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Yes.. I consume all of the above.. in moderation (I've cut way down on the whole milk). Yes I'm losing weight.
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    Skim milk for me (I prefer it... very refreshing)
    No to white bread (also a prefernce thing)
    But White Rice/Pasta, I eat when I am out. At home I use wheat pasta & brown rice... But I eat out more than home, so I am probably eating more of the white stuff :)

Haven't any any problems losing. (Except a few minor setbacks that were unrelated to white vs wheat).
  • regions02
    regions02 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I only use skim milk but I've never been a milk person anyway! I still eat white rice, white bread and white pasta. I've tried the brown rice and pasta and just don't care for it. I've lost 15 pounds. I still think most of losing weight is moderation and exercise.