What do you eat for breakfast?

Options

Replies

• shirayne
    shirayne Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have a whole wheat english muffin topped with light cream cheese (favoured or plain) topped with fruit, vegetables, or sliced hard boiled egg whites (sometimes I include one yolk if I'm not at my weekly limit). Otherwise I'll have oatmeal with a dollop of vanilla greek yogurt and a pouch of Planters 100 calorie vitality mix. Yumm!
  • cassandraschwalm
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal, lots of fiber and protein. And almond milk, dairy will slow your metabolism down if you eat it in the morning. Always drink non dairy milk products all day for the best weight loss.
  • ABoettcher16
    ABoettcher16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Jimmy Dean biscuits...good and generally under 350 calories
  • trishoida
    Options
    Egg in a cloud (stacked as follows, bottom up): 1/2 whole wheat arnold sandwich thin, 1/2 light queso fresco & chipotle laughing cow cheese wedge, whipped eggs white (until they're stiff), egg yolk placed in a formed well in the whites
    bake in the oven 350 degrees 10-15 min. until the whites are light golden brown

1 cup of strawberries

6 oz. of greek yogurt

Best breakfast ever!! Eatin it right now :D
  • BeccaMovinUp
    Options
    1 cup of 0% Greek Yogurt
    1/2 cup blueberries
    1/2 cup strawberries
    1 tbs of organic honey

yummay yummay
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Kashi GoLean cereal, lots of fiber and protein. And almond milk, dairy will slow your metabolism down if you eat it in the morning. Always drink non dairy milk products all day for the best weight loss.

care to substantiate that claim.
  • nk17
    nk17 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    2 hard-boiled eggs
    or
    a protein shake (usually Atkins, Labrada or EAS Carb Control)
    or
    a 3-oz 93% lean ground beef pattie with mustard
    or
    Eggbeaters - scrambled or omelette with peppers or other veggies.
  • bcampbell54
    bcampbell54 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    Peanut butter on toast, with some no-sugar-added marmalade. Or oatmeal and a little brown sugar..
    I don't like to have to think very hard in the morning.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    This morning I had one slice of whole grain toast topped with a tablespoon of peanut butter, with one cup of fresh strawberries on the side (this one with the fruit was 239 cals). I try to eat a different menu everyday so I can get a variety of nutrients, but generally my rule is: one grain/fibre, one protein, one fruit. Sometimes I have a bowl of Great Grains cereal with soy milk and a fruit (240 cals plus the fruit). Sometimes I make my breakfast burrito (which is actually just a burrito: beans, cheese, tortilla, salsa, and scallions) and a fruit (325 cals plus the fruit). On occasion I make tofu scramble, and on those days I generally omit the breakfast grain and fruit because the tofu scramble is large and fills me up (I get the fruit and grain later on) (this is 210 cals for the tofu and oil--I use 1 tsp of olive oil--plus whatever veggies you like which certainly don't add many calories). I also like a bagel with cream cheese and a fruit (my bagels only have 140 calories in them and are whole grain with the cream cheese it works out to be about 175-210 depending on how much cream cheese I use, plus the fruit)). Sometimes I even make a wrap, although that is usually a lunch thing for me, but I have had it for breakfast too (80 cal whole grain tortilla, 3 tofurky slices, lettuce/carrot/cabbage blend, onion, cheese, and mayo) with a fruit (works out to be about 207 cals or so plus the fruit). And sometimes I eat a really big breakfast by adding a smoothie instead of a fruit (my usual smoothie is: one banana, slice of pineapple, 1 cup of frozen berries, and about 1/2 cup original or vanilla soy milk). (The smoothie is less properly calculated but easy to find out--it works out to be about 300 calories or a bit less).

Edit: I forgot to add that all of my breakfasts are below 385 calories UNLESS I eat the smoothie along with the grain and protein. Then it goes up to 400 or almost 500, but certainly healthy nevertheless. Everything else is really low in cals, and is filling. I'll add in the approximate cals above of the main dishes I listed, and then you would just add on the cals of whichever fruit; it changes for me daily.
  • LatinaGordita
    LatinaGordita Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Today I had a Sausage omelet :

1/2 cup of egg whites,
    1 morning star sausage pattie
    diced tomatoes
    diced green onion
    slice of ff swiss

Total of:150 calories

I added an apple to my meal, which gave me a total of 210 calories for breakfast.

2521768.png
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Oat so simple porridge syrup flavour - lovely and keeps me full till lunch.
  • shariTN
    Options
    1 cup cheerios
    1/2 skim milk
    I sprinkle this with blueberries, strawberries, a little banana and a few almonds.
    About 325 calories. leave off the bananas and probably about 275, but I like the bananas and the almonds give it a little crunch.
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    steel cut oats with fat free milk.....every day as I absolutely love them.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Try your yogurt with 1/2 cup of fiber one original cereal mixed in. It's only like 60 calories and it gives you almost all of your fiber for the day! I also like to use a bagel thin with 2 eggs, light garden veggie cream cheese and sriracha sauce. Delish!
  • loosinglaura
    Options
    Thomas' Breakfast Thins (100 cal) + 2 egg whites (50cal) + 1 slice turkey bacon (35cal) = Yummy breakfast sandwich for only 185 cal. Filling, full of fiber and protein. I usually eat a snack (around 100cal mid morning) and I'm good till lunch.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    A granny smith apple with 1.5 tablespoons of Crunchy peanut butter.
  • NomNomCupcakes
    NomNomCupcakes Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    2/3 cup of Almond Milk
    Quaker Apple Cinnamon Instant Oatmeal
    Anddddd a Smuckers Maple Snack Waffle
    A vitamin c tab and a vitagummy

I work 11h30 - 5h00 today. But I'm a manager so even though I get a 15 minute break to eat, it's usually interupted.
    I do a lot of running around and find that if I DON'T pile on a HUGEEE breakfast I start to get REALLY hungry at work before my breaktime.
  • Artemis726
    Artemis726 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I usually have Special K protein plus with skim milk or oatmeal with pb or almonds/cranberries, but this morning I splurged on full onion bagel with light cream cheese. Always have coffee with sugar free creamer.
  • idauria
    idauria Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I have a protein shake every morning. It's low carb/sugar and high protein. Keeps me full for 3-4 hours and I don't get low blood sugar crashes like I used to get when I had cereal or oatmeal.
  • pinktulip76
    Options
    I have the same thing EVERY DAY!! the first thing I do when I get up is boil the kettel make a coffee . Get a bowl of rolled oats pour a small amount of boiling water over the oats then non fat natural yoghurt on top , splash of flaxseed oil and a banana cut up .Yum I love it so much !!!!