looked at the scale and cried

Options
Hello
I just joined the group.
Yesterday, I stepped on the scale for the first time in about a year. 394.5 lbs was not what I was expecting at all. I am angry, scared, sad, frustrated and lonely. I have two autistic children a one year old and a husband. I am trying real hard not to have a complete mental break down.....I started counting calories again and I am trying to move as much as I can......

Replies

• rumsuck8
    rumsuck8 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Welcome mammaFireBear!! Do not get discouraged. this is as rough as it will be. Take 1 day at a time, one success at a time. We are all here for each other and will support you!!! Things have been very tough for you, it sounds like, so now is the time to do something for you!! Hang tough, feel free to add me as a friend. YOU CAN DO IT!!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,063 Member
    Options
    Aw, just take it one day at a time. There are many here who began where you are.

This is a great place to find support. You have to take care of yourself, your family needs you.

Keep reading until you find what you are looking for. You have the power within you to save your own life. You have to. No one else can do it for you.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    welcome!!

That is a lot to carry on your shoulders. I am new here too.

You can do this! as mentioned in ^^ above posts, your family needs you.

feel free to add em as a friend if you would like.
    take care.
  • itgeekwoman
    itgeekwoman Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    You started! That's the first step. Just keep on going. Each time you put one foot in front of the other you start burning more calories. You don't need a fancy gym membership. Just go for walks to start.

The biggest part of your journey was achieved. You STARTED!!!

Congrats, add me as a friend if you like.
  • frazzle29
    frazzle29 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Hang in there. Everyone here is awesome and will support you all the way!
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    oh and my husbands gramma lives in Palm Bay!
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Keep going. Get a food scale too so you can check portion size for the food you are eating. Make every calorie count with healthy foods, you get to eat more. You can do this.
  • CanuckTracy
    CanuckTracy Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    welcome! You will find the strength to succeed... you just made the important first step!
  • anniepoon
    Options
    We are all behind you! We love you and all know what it is to struggle with weight... I was a member of weight watchers for years and it took me more than two years to lose about 40 lbs. Then I stopped going and gained it all back and more! But now I'm on a diet that I really believe in and the second time around I have more determination. I know persistence and attention to detail works!
    You can do it, just remember we are all here for you... You look happy and beautiful in your profile picture and are an incredible woman to have the courage to reach out. Keep in touch!!!
  • kimysc
    kimysc Posts: 12
    Options
    Welcome!

You can do it! You made the important first step, you started!! You can do it!!!

Feel free to add me!
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    At least your trying to make a change, instead of sitting around being upset! That's always a start. Stay strong & once you start getting healthier things will become much more manageable :)
  • mandycasey
    mandycasey Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to this brilliant site, i felt exactly same when i started but a year later i feel great i still have a way to go but i keep seeing new numers on the scales and it feels wonderful.Good luck, You can do it, feel free to add me as friend xx
  • nygiantschick
    nygiantschick Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    Most of us have been there...that reality check is no fun. I remember when I first started and was weighed and had my BF taken and learned that my BF was more than 50%....uhhhh yeah more than half of my body was FAT!!! I was devestated!

Like others have said one day/ one pound at a time. This is not a race it's a marathon. GIve yourself credit for EVERY success you have: when you drink a glass of water, when you go for a walk, when you take the steps, when you lose a pound, when you choose salad over fries, when you have grilled instead of fried. You have more control of this situation than you think.

Congrats on setting up an MFP account-that is a first step that many others won't take.
  • kaysue160
    Options
    Just keep moving. I've started doing exercises while doing the dishes (leg lifts and such)... also found out that it takes coordination to keep my lower body moving and washing dishes with my hands... however, it is considered skilled movement because it takes concentration which is really good for your brain!
  • JustJudy
    JustJudy Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Welcome mammaFireBear! It's all about perspective. Each day start fresh and make up your mind that you will make healthy choices. It took me a year to lose what I have lost and I've maintained it for another year after losing! It's all about letting yourself have what you want to eat, but setting limits! I've been on here for over two years now and I do chuckle when someone tells me about this great new website! This has been so valuable to me on my journey! I know it will be the same for you! Feel free to add me if you are looking for support on your journey! FYI: I only keep MFP friends that log in consistently so that I can be motivated and be motivating. If a friend goes MIA, I will do my darnest to reach out to you through messages,but after two months, I do delete! :smile:
  • brandimacleod
    brandimacleod Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Admitting you have a problem is the first step in any form of recovery. So welcome! You can do this. Create a support system of people you meet here. Use MFP to learn, to support others, and to gain strength yourself. And really, it is just taking it one day at a time. Because you WILL have crappy days. And you need to commit to stopping the cycle right there and starting back on your fitness lifestyle the very next day if not sooner. You will gain so much happiness when you are physically healthy. Good luck!:smile: You CAN DO IT!
  • kaimi2011
    kaimi2011 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    welcome. feel free to add me as a friend.

i started today w/ tracking. it's been a year since i had my babies and i've allowed myself to be a "mom" and "wife" way too long. it's time for me "again". My soldier is deployed and my kids need me around!
  • 519harley
    519harley Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You have definately come to the right place!!! There a lot of folks here with the same problem and they will be so supportive for you. Just look around and you will see that you are NOT alone. You can add me as a friend if you like. I will be here for you. Best of luck, Karen
  • katie_perkins
    katie_perkins Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Even though seeing a number you didn't want to and weren't expecting to see sucks, there has to come a turning point in your life where you say, "No more!" It looks like that was your day! I know I'm not alone in saying, we will back you 110% and support you! You got this girl... Half the battle is deciding to change. :)
  • ShariK67
    ShariK67 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Congratulations to you for taking this first step. The encouragement on this site is awesome. I have gotten some great ideas here, but the encouragement is what keeps me coming back. Please add me as a friend. I'd love to support you in this journey...one healthy step at at time.