Subway

Options

Replies

• DreamStriveBe
    DreamStriveBe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I usually get a footlong oven roasted turkey on wheat with no cheese and a lot of veggies. I eat 6 in. for dinner and save the rest for lunch the next day.
  • xHelloQuincyx
    xHelloQuincyx Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Used to manage a subway...ate it almost every day for three years. Quit, and now I really don't eat there at all.

However, I never had any issues maintaining my weight or anything even eating subway twice a day for so long and the sodium that it is full of. So unless sodium has a huge affect on you, I don't see the problem.

My problem with subway is the food itself, the chemicals it's packed in/preserved in, and the practices used in the back when customers cannot see. The meat isn't quality meat, full of fat, gristle, blood and bone [in the chicken strips].

However, when I DO decide I need subway I get a footlong turkey with avo :) yumyum.

i was a manager at dairy queen, i SOOOO know what you mean lol....
    i now work at starbucks haha which is not any better.
  • Jferg69
    Jferg69 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I have a roast chicken salad when I go there, 350 calories with double meat and sweat onion sauce and no bread.

Sweat onion sauce, I want this even less now, lol
  • JulieF11
    JulieF11 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Yes, Subway is a much better "deal" when it comes to calories spent than most places. I love the foot long turkey melt (640 calories).

I went to Taco Bell and ate a Volcano Burrito and it was good, but when I got home and logged it, it was 780 calories! In one burrito! It wasn't huge either! I was so sad that I didn't get my nightly treat since I had used up all my calories.
  • Notsononymous
    Options
    Pre-carb-limiting I loved Subway. EXCEPT that ordering stresses me out.

On the menu is a (eg) "South west southern melt". Look good. I'll have one of those.

BUT NO!!! You can't. You have to answer "What meat?" "Cheese?" "What sauce?" "Which salads?" "Do you want it toasted?"

I JUST WANT WHAT'S ON THE MENU DAMNIT!!!

Imagine ordering a BigMac at Maccas and being asked "Which meat do you want? Do you want special sauce? Lettuce? Cheese? Pickles?" ... NO I JUST WANT THE DAMN BURGER.

Sorry. Had to get it off my chest. Subway is great, but sometimes I don't want to think about it, I just want what you have on your menu.
  • "I hate when that happens...you look up and poof.......gone! :)" This is what I do! ;) But also take 1/2 of the bread and dump! I still get double meat and veggies
  • gallium
    gallium Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    the one with the most calories preferably lol
  • 99clmsntgr
    99clmsntgr Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    Once upon a time I would do a whole foot-long with the chips and a soda. Now the wife and I split it all and add a package of the apple slices to round out the meal.
  • sun33082
    sun33082 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I get a footlong, put all the stuff on one half so I save calories on bread - I LOVE subway

That is a really good idea!
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    I used to be able to, but now, not so much. I do the 6" subs for dinner and if it's lunch time, I'll have a 3". It works out pretty good. And ever since I discovered those vacuum seal baggie things, I can vacuum seal any leftovers for the next day and keep them from getting soggy.
  • chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I will workout at 5am and when I am done, I head to work, On my way I will stop at Subway and get a footlong turkey on wheat. I will have half for breakfast and half for lunch.
  • denise_earheart
    Options
    Subway is a good fast food treat fo0r those of us dieting and living healthier lifestyles....
  • JLove2Zumba
    Options
    I Love Subway.. I eat a footlong oven roasted chicken, I skip the mayo and enjoy cheese and lots of low cal veggies.. Just had it last night : )
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I get a footlong, put all the stuff on one half so I save calories on bread - I LOVE subway

That is a really good idea!

Why oh why didn't I ever think of that?!?!
  • DS67ATX
    DS67ATX Posts: 289
    Options
    I use to eat a footlong now I do a 6 inch,if I get a footlong Ill save half for later at night or the next day.
  • littlelily613
    littlelily613 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    I never eat a footlong. I mean, I probably COULD, but even though my sub is only veggie, I also get light mayo and cheese on it. A foot long would bring me up to over 800 calories, so it just doesn't happen. A 6 inch satisfies me now, so that is all I really need anyway.
  • ChristineS_51
    ChristineS_51 Posts: 872 Member
    Options

I had a foot long the other night - no dressing; turkey, cheese & all salad except chilli & pickle (shoulda lost the cheese) but I think moving all the filling to one half is a great idea :-)
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    I love their Veggie Delite sandwiches. I have never been able to eat a footlong, the 6 inches fill me up nicely.
  • Helenasnan
    Helenasnan Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Oh I can eat ALMOST a footlong, and Subway is my favorite because I dont feel like I'm being deprived!
  • daryashee
    Options
    Mmmm....
    Now I want subway LOL..!

Well yeah I can eat one in one serving .
    The thing is I only get wheat bread, cucumbers , tomatoes, red onions, green peppers and red wine vinegar (:
    Then I have a water with it at home
    I'm vegan so veggies r my diet (: