These chips don't taste as amazing as I remember

Options
Just had chips, they tasted so greasy and not half as amazing as I thought. I'll give them to a friend or something so it's not considered wasteful, but WOO, now I hopefully won't crave them anymore after this!

Has anyone else experience something like this with any food, primarily junk food after starting this weight loss/fitness journey?

Replies

• dictations
    Options
    bumpity bump bump, bump bump
  • Tenoreo90
    Tenoreo90 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    Definitely. As one article said 'the greatest thing exercise does is make your body cravy healthy things. Just yesterday I was binging on chocolates at work. I stopped myself, went power walking a half hour, came back, looked at the sweets and thought bleeeeh. I know, I still binged, but I ate half as much as I normally would have.
  • WalkingZero1
    WalkingZero1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Soda. I drank a soda a couple of days ago, after not having one for months, and it felt like I was drinking straight sugar!! I couldn't even finish half a cup.
  • mrsred79
    Options
    Yep! Happens to me all the time now. Especially when I get in a bind and have to get fast food. It tastes like a greasy salt lick.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Soda. I drank a soda a couple of days ago, after not having one for months, and it felt like I was drinking straight sugar!! I couldn't even finish half a cup.

I had a grape soda for the first time last summer since I was a kid and it tasted like metal. It was so nasty I was sad it ruined that great childhood memory for me! lol
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    The other day I had some "real" ranch dressing...I couldnt believe how thick it was and over ranchy it was...like my Walden Farms!
  • acasey0123
    acasey0123 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    nutty bars...before I didnt have the resistence to stop and now it just tastes like choclate cardboard with fake pb
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Guess I'd better stay away from grape soda! I haven't had a soda in a month or so. I used to have a HUGE sweet tooth and it is diminishing the more I stay away from sweets. My rule now for sweets is it better taste DAMN worth those calories! No more nasty store bought cakes my mother in law buys. Only ice cream I'll eat is stuff I make.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Nope! Been doing this 5 months and junk foods still taste AMAZING. lol. Can't wait for that to change ><
  • Crystal_Pistol
    Crystal_Pistol Posts: 750 Member
    Options
    Since I incorporate junk into my routine life/calorie limit, I still enjoy it VERY much. The one exception is Cheesecake Factory. I ate there and the richness of the food damn near KILLED ME! I have actually sworn it off forever after the experience. In the spirit of full disclosure, I do only eat salt free chips though.
  • islandgirl1767
    Options
    Happend to me too! I bought a bag of Fritos, ate 16 (1/2 serving) and was like bleeeh! Still have the bag inmy car. Can't believe I don't need them anymore...whooo hooo!
  • Verbalcody
    Verbalcody Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I can feel how disgusting junk food is and have been since i started eating healthy a year ago

I hate it.

But I still enjoy beer... happily... and sadly
  • VRuff
    VRuff Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    ugh im going through that right now! ive been craving a cuban guava and cheese pastry and i finally tracked some down today after looking for them all week and i bought 2. i just finished eating one and omfg it wasnt worth it AT ALL! i feel so disgusting and now idk what im gonna do with the other pastry....i dont wanna touch those or any sweets for a LOOOONG time!
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I can't eat anything from a drive-thru ... I made the mistake of "rewarding" myself with a McD's fish filet and fries after several months of healthy eating...OMG I barely made it home ... I can't imagine ever eating one again unless I am seriously constipated. Greasy food for me is just like a laxative.
  • gailds
    gailds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Absolutely, I feel better on good clean food, my latest is raw vegetables with hummus - It is a great journey!
  • heyghoge
    heyghoge Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    But I still enjoy beer... happily... and sadly

gotta drink enough so the happily eclipses the sadly :p
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    I used to eat McDonalds 2 times a week, have not had much for the last 3 months and this past month I only had it once and the bigmac I had tasted like sh** have not had any since
  • RumOne
    RumOne Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Absolutly! I can't do sodas, sweet tea, McDonanld's, Most cereals, Coffee creamer, or very sweet fruits. Its amazing what a diffence a month will do.
  • gailds
    gailds Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way about the Little Debbie peanut butter chocolate wafer - Not worth the calories - not a good taste any more
  • KareninCanada
    KareninCanada Posts: 859 Member
    Options
    Halloween-size chocolate bars.... I don't remember them being so bland! And McDonald's chicken nuggets. Even the smell of them makes me nauseous.