13»

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Needed a mind change
  • bigtwagner
    Options
    To be healthy and show my kids a healthy life style something I was never taught as a child.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    to go into fitness modeling....JK...not really..
  • kb455
    kb455 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I wanna to be a HOTTT mom! (Oh, and to be healthy too, I guess :ohwell: )
  • hecanfly
    Options
    Because the food I eat is basically the only thing I have total control over in life.

True! I never thought of it that way!
    Unfortunately that's also a major mantra of people with anorexia. I don't mean to incriminate anyone, but if you truly believe the above statement, I would recommend seeking help.

seconding this comment.
  • welshgurl
    welshgurl Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Because learning French didn't make girls like me. :cry:

True story.

That is funny. But I am sorry that it is a true story. Someone with your sense of humor should not have any troubles with that issue!
  • driaxx
    driaxx Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Because the food I eat is basically the only thing I have total control over in life.

Unfortunately that's also a major mantra of people with anorexia. I don't mean to incriminate anyone, but if you truly believe the above statement, I would recommend seeking help.

seconding this comment.

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment. I didn't mean it in a self-starving way. I just meant it as in, it doesn't matter what other people do around me, I can choose to eat healthily and do exercise if I choose. And I guess that kind of makes me feel better about myself, knowing that I'm controlling myself to make the right "conscious" food choices. Other people can tell me what to do and when to do it but they can't tell me what healthy choices I want to make.
  • westcoastSW
    westcoastSW Posts: 320 Member
    Options

seconding this comment.

Sorry didn't mean to offend anyone with that comment. I didn't mean it in a self-starving way. I just meant it as in, it doesn't matter what other people do around me, I can choose to eat healthily and do exercise if I choose. And I guess that kind of makes me feel better about myself, knowing that I'm controlling myself to make the right "conscious" food choices. Other people can tell me what to do and when to do it but they can't tell me what healthy choices I want to make.
    I don't think that anyone was offended, just worried. I am glad to hear that you are choosing to make healthy decisions. :flowerforyou:
  • TWood10
    TWood10 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Few specific reasons I want to lose weight:
    - To be able to to go a theme park and not even have one concern about if I will fit on a ride
    - To be able to shop at a normal store (and not in the 'plus' section!) -- never been able to do this my adult life
    - To be able to go to a thrift shop and find clothes i actually like--or a resale shop
    - To not have my knees/feet hurt so much
    - To be able to wear a ring without my fingers looking so fat
    - To be able to wear a dress feeling good about myself
    - To have insurance tell me i could do a breast reduction surgery
    - To be able to dance and not worry what is bouncing that shouldn't be
    - To be able to do some type of sports
    - Just to be seen as 'normal'
    - To feel good about myself
    - And later down the road, hopefully find a guy who would love me no matter what shape is was in! :)
  • beaglenutty
    beaglenutty Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    To get my confidence back and I want to feel sexy!!
    Im doing it for me:) Im so sick of ppl saying you look great you dont need to lose wt. Um yes I do its my body and I want to be healthy and be a good influence for my girls.
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    i started when my baggy pants became my tight ones, when i got down to like two pairs of pants and its either buy bigger clothes or lose weight. im never buying bigger clothes! never that lazy!! lol
    also-
    ready to have a family and want to be healthy for the preggos lol
  • FatNurseSlim
    Options
    1) because I fell like people stare at me because of my size - I want to catch people looking at me and think they must think I'm hot instead of they must be thinking look at that big fat girl
    2). I want to stand I front of my full length mirror and not, breathe in, turn away or cry.
    3) I want to enjoy shopping again