So anybody NOT watching the game today?

Options

Replies

• paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    im in the UK, its not on until 10.30pm here so its getting tivo'd and watched tomorrow :)
  • _VoV
    _VoV Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    Other than wanting to see the newest Betty White superbowl commercial, I can't be bothered. I will wait to see the best of the commercials on youtube tomorrow.
  • NicoleLyn1818
    Options
    Not I .....I don't really understand football. I also have to work, so I wouldn't be able to watch it if I wanted to, although maybe I can sneak into some patient's rooms and watch the commercials at halftime!!!!! :)
  • hlmoore1996
    hlmoore1996 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I live in Indianapolis (SB host city this year) so all we've been hearing/seeing/reading, etc. is the Super Bowl. There are parties and junk food everywhere! I normally wouldn't even know it was Super Bowl Sunday, but this year I can't be oblivious. I can however, avoid the football food!
  • MichelleRenee13
    MichelleRenee13 Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    I am watching the Law & Order marathon on TNT!
  • anastasiawildflower
    Options
    I really haven't watched any games this year. Upon deeper thinking, I realized that we don't even have our tv hooked up to any local/cable access. I totally forgot about it. I will be baking away this afternoon and getting paid for it. Much better plan, I think.
  • marylouise123
    marylouise123 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Don't feel odd. I don't watch it either.. Could care less about it.. Will be playing games on my computer or doing a little Wii bowling..
  • PepeGreggerton
    PepeGreggerton Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Working...
  • goldfinger88
    goldfinger88 Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    What game?
  • Huffdogg
    Huffdogg Posts: 1,934 Member
    Options
    There was actually some talk of a labor rally being held at the stadium today and effectively a picket line at the game, but I don't know if it is going thru or not. The players association claimed that if there was a picket line they wouldn't cross it. That would have been exciting.
  • daryashee
    Options
    Same day for me no football fans in my house but I do watch halftime(:
  • stevemcqueengirl
    stevemcqueengirl Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    It will be a regular day for me since my Packers are not playing.
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    What game?

^^THIS^^
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I will be working :(
  • tmarie2715
    tmarie2715 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    I read something on Seattle's newspaper "The Stranger" that there are a group of gay men who gather every Super Bowl to watch movies-- past ones were "Beaches" and "Steel Magnolias." They all bring food that is along the theme of the movie (think armadillo red velvet cake) and the like. Sounds like a great alternative!

I personally will be watching the game, but only to yak about stupid plays and rag on Tom Brady. :)
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    I have no idea what you are all talking about. I don't even understand what sport Super Bowl or whatever it's called is.
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Lol I don't care about American football I just like watching what ridiculous commercials pop up. ^^ And I sort of cheer my dad's team on since he's really into that stuff and it's pretty much a tradition with him. But no I don't sit through the whole thing, I just glance at the tele when I'm passing the living room. Must play video games real quick before he turns it on!!
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I forgot about it until my roommate came home to take his tv to another location so they can watch the game! My family used to throw work/superbowl parties, so I'm up on it a little bit but, eh, not going out of my way. That, and I have a philosophy paper to write :)
  • SweGuy
    SweGuy Posts: 78
    Options
    Yes, I am - have better things to do... Like washng my hair...
  • blahblah123314
    blahblah123314 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Considering my team (Patriots!) is playing, I kinda wanted to but I'm working the exact hours as the game. I don't watch sports so it's not that heartbreaking and I'll hear about how it went down as soon as I leave work because Boston sports fans are CRAZY.