Replies

• weightloss43154
    weightloss43154 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    welcome and you can do it, add me as a friend if you want :smile:
  • lissy007
    lissy007 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Welcome and feel free to add me as a friend. This is a great place to start over. You can do it!

And anyone else who wants to add me as a friend, please do.

Melissa
  • MountainMamaMarissa
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a wonderful place to find support & motivation. You can do this!
  • joanneonline
    Options
    Wage total nuceur thermal war on fat!! Take all your frustrations out on Fat, not on yourself - Bodyfat -kick its a_ _!!

Love this ^^^^^ great mindset!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!

We've ALL had the straw that broke the camel's back here. We've all been the person, looking at the scale and going " WTF happened? When ? How? F**K! "

You can do this. You really, REALLY CAN. Every pound, every OUNCE that comes off does you a huge amount of good. Grab some great friends, get some great support, and we'll all do this together.

( I am mom to 3 with 50+ pounds to lose )
  • TexNut
    TexNut Posts: 53
    Options
    Hey mamaFireBear,
    Congratulations, my friend...sounds like you're over the scariest/hardest part of your journey! Don't let numbers scare you, and don't get overwhelmed...you can do this! I'm a nutritionist, trainer and wellness counselor in Texas. I've had the privilege of working with hundreds of clients and would be honored and happy to be involved in your journey in any small way! Feel free to add me as a 'friend'!
    In health,
    Liz, New Leaf Health Consulting (.com)
  • LilSomethin
    LilSomethin Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!!! This place is truly amazing with wonderful supportive people. Just take one step at a time, don't overwhelm yourself all at once and u will succeed. I have been on my new lifestyle change for almost 2 years now and I did it by making small changes at a time. I have lost 87 lbs and ran in my first 5K last October. You can do this!! We are all here for u to root you on :)
  • sncmaddie
    sncmaddie Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! This is a great site. The secret is logging in everyday. Make it your daily habit. I've learned this lesson the hard way. If you keep logging... you will be successful! I am also a special ed. teacher. I have some understanding about autism. Please add me as a friend. Thanks!
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    Just. Take one day at a time, start with small steps with exercising...make know excuses.
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Hurray!! You took the first step -- and that shows character, sister!! Put your failures behind you and keep taking steps forward. You WILL get there! We're all pulling for you.

Feel free to add me if you like :)
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    We've all been there!! I too was an emotional eater. I used every excuse to shove my face! But now that's I've been eating great and exercising a lot I feel so much better! It's a long road... but just think, it took years to get this heavy and it's going to take time to get it off. Don't get discouraged. Just take it one day at a time. After the first week you'll see a change on the scale and it'll motivate you to keep going. Do it for yourself and your family. Just think of the long life you want to live with your kids and hubby :-) YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! Feel free to add me! And this goes for anyone of you :-)
  • taschacarr
    taschacarr Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Congrats on the first step even if it was painful. Remeber to take it one step at a time and celebrate the little wins. Set short term goals like tracking food daily and go from there.
  • cflec1
    cflec1 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    the first step is always the hardest and you have done that. You will do great...
  • cheryl3463
    cheryl3463 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Dont get overwhelmed and dont listen to negative ppl. Good Luck you will do great!!
  • mammaFireBear
    mammaFireBear Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much...I was a little overwhelmed to reply yesterday. If you offered to be my friend here and I missed it please send me a friend request......
  • jworb
    jworb Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Don't stress about where you've been - you are on the right track now. We didn't put on the extra weight in a day, and it will take some time to get rid of it, too, so just be patient with yourself. You can do this!
  • cookvf
    cookvf Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Awww don't do that! You will lose the weight. Just remember you have many friends on myfitnesspal! We are all here to help you and each other!!
  • inmotioninmotion
    Options
    I, too, have cried over the numbers on the scale. Take heart - they are just numbers and you have the ability to change them. I kept hearing "Just one day at a time." I promise you that you can do this - sometimes it's "One hour at a time" and that's okay! Your health matters and you are not alone.
  • jensmithdc
    Options
    Welcome aboard! Lots of inspiration and support here. Take it one step and one day at a time.
  • TNoire
    TNoire Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, start off slow change your eating first and for most and get the rest of the family involved changing food and watching calories, carbs and sodium is the first biggest thing, one of my friends that was over 400lbs I had him start with that and in a year he lost over 100lbs, he also added 10-15min walks to start after he got his food on track, gotta start slow and work your way up, trust me :)

This is how my weight went.....
    I graduated high school 12yrs ago at 135lbs
    I replaced that habit with food and junk
    I gained 195lbs in the process
    March 2009 I got on track and in 19 months I lost 156lbs
    Then we got buying/selling houses
    I gained some back

This is what I also learned over my journey

females no less than 1200 cals a day
    males no less than 1800 cals a day

why?

if you eat less your body goes into starvation mode which causes it to store which causes weight gain

3500 burned cals = loss on 1lb of fat
    3500 cals = 1lb of fat put on

low carb is key my dietitian says 150 or less per day is a pretty good amount =)

Don't call it a diet just be wise on what you put into your body and treat yourself when you meet your goals

lean meats, red meat and taters 3-4 times in a 2 week period, whole grains keep you fuller longer, heavier meals in the morning, sodium no more than 2400mg a day, fresh fruit and veggies, don't drink you calories, 8+ glasses of water a day, stay away from junk food/fast food/processed food, treat it when you meet your goals, don't eat the samethings daily or do the same workouts or your body will plateau

you can do it! promise!

As I tell everyone im honest ill check your food diary and ill give advice
    ive lost a few friends on MFP that wanted advice then couldn't take it and deleted me
    if you want a friend that will help keep you motivated and look at your diary or when you ask me to check things for you and give you honest feed back feel free to add me
    ive been there and done that, it can be done
    That goes for anyone that needs a buddy

you can do it =)