MEAT MEAT MEAT, WHO LOVES MEAT!!!!!

Options

Replies

• peaches712799
    peaches712799 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! A perfectly cooked steak is THE BEST! Or a big juicy hamburger....mmmmm......smoked salmon on a bagel for breakfast is almost as good as bacon & eggs! But salmon bought fresh and then baked in tin foil over the campfire is da bomb. Haven't had that since I left the northwest though.

Yeah. Bring on the meat. LOL
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Factory farming is WONDERFUL!:drinker:
    I ONLY eat factory farmed meat.....

That's unfortunate for you because there are a number of scientific studies that show the adrenalin released during pre-slaughter stress has a negative impact on the flavour of the meat. i.e. It tastes less 'meaty'. The less stress the animal is under, the less adrenalin is released, the better the meat tastes.

If you're going to eat it, you might as well eat the tastiest you can get. (Which, I would guess, would be something you've killed yourself with a single shot at long-range).
    Hook, line and sinker.

:laugh:
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    One of my fav ways to cook salmon is like a hash, diced onion, garlic, diced part boiled potatoes, a bit of olive oil & chuck it all in a pan with a bit of olive oil & fry till cooked. a smidge of back pepper & good to go. yummy
    Sounds good but it's the fry til done part I'm not sure about. How long or does the meat turn a certain color? And do you turn it. I'm an idiot when it comes to fish.
  • pauljsolie
    Options
    Who loves meat?

Well, it really depends.
    Is it factory farmed meat?

The reason I ask is that the farming practices in factory farms are cruel. :sad:
    And the slaughter process is very, very painful. It's actually torture!:sad: :sad: :sad:

When an animal suffers, when a panicked animal is tortured during the slaughter, it releases stress hormones that give the meat a fabulous taste.

OMG!!! Don't you watch all the food documentaries on Netflix???
    I do.
    When I am feeling down, they pick me right up!
    Seriously, I buy and prepare leans meats - indifferent to the source.
    Just don't care.
    I use that line above to skewer the sacred cows of these preachy animal rights snivelers.
    AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • pauljsolie
    Options

That's unfortunate for you because there are a number of scientific studies that show the adrenalin released during pre-slaughter stress has a negative impact on the flavour of the meat. i.e. It tastes less 'meaty'. The less stress the animal is under, the less adrenalin is released, the better the meat tastes.

If you're going to eat it, you might as well eat the tastiest you can get. (Which, I would guess, would be something you've killed yourself with a single shot at long-range).
    Hook, line and sinker.

YEP. :wink:
  • InnerPinup79
    Options
    My favorite dinner is steak with a side of steak as rare as possible. Go meat!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

It taste just fine to me.
    I guess these "scientific studies" can't account for those of us with poor taste.
    It sure pays to be hoi polloi sometimes....:drinker:

They must weed guys like me from their "random" samples.
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options

Hook, line and sinker.

The catch of the day!
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Hah. I love bacon. Forever.

Me too! And I eat steak a couple times a week, chicken pretty much every day, fish, seafood...with 1 day vegetarian. Some guy that wanted to marry me told me I'd have to become vegetarian to marry him...told him to keep walkin, I won't give up meat!!!
  • pauljsolie
    Options

Hook, line and sinker.

The catch of the day!
    I'm surprised, and that one wasn't a keeper. Maybe they are all still sleeping from last nights....
  • Whinchat
    Whinchat Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Hook, line and sinker.

Not really, I didn't really take it seriously (but y'know, us Brits have an odd sense of humour :wink: ) but my point is, if you really want to enjoy your food then why not opt for the tastiest you can get hold of? If I were to eat meat then I'd make damn sure it was the most tasty I could find - and if that was a fillet steak (medium-rare, with garlic butter) from an organic grass-fed champion Welsh Black that my next door neighbour had shot in the head in his yard yesterday morning (thus avoiding the stress of the journey to the slaughterhouse and the additional stress inherent in being in the slaughterhouse) then that's what I'd choose.
  • beccyleigh
    beccyleigh Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    you start with it in one pieces then as it cooks up just break it up into flakes, like a hash, then you'll know when the salmon is cooked (when you buy a piece of fresh salmon you'll know what I mean) as cooked salmon is a different shade of pink to when raw. I cook it this way for the reason you asked, I want to know it's fully cooked. :wink:
  • JohnTR25
    JohnTR25 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    A meal isn't a meal without meat.......who needs veggies....just give me meat! I may leave veg on my plate but always eat my meat. If an animal has died to feed me I show it respect and eat it all!

Fresh salmon is great, lots of very good salmon recipes to try.......
  • paulamarsden
    paulamarsden Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Meat is heaven.

rare steak, griddled chicken, spatcock poussin, venison, pork

Heck i had pork loin roast for dinner, with home made crackling. i ate that instead of potatoes.
  • miseryhead75
    miseryhead75 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    media-28030-98257.jpg

LOL, couldn't resist. NOW I'm sexy. Except for the part that looks like I was putting on lipstick during a seizure...which was most likely caused by EATING MEAT!!!!

Hahaha, I almost choked on my tea, especially the part about the lipstick! Meat sends me into ecstatic convulsions myself! Thanks!
  • Hairhacker
    Hairhacker Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Loooove cow....pig....chicken...and most sea creatures!:happy: A big juicy steak is on my mind at the moment though.....
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love all animals and think they are beautiful.......especially beside my mashed potatoes!!!
  • pauljsolie
    Options

Hook, line and sinker.

Not really, I didn't really take it seriously (but y'know, us Brits have an odd sense of humour :wink: ) but my point is, if you really want to enjoy your food then why not opt for the tastiest you can get hold of? If I were to eat meat then I'd make damn sure it was the most tasty I could find - and if that was a fillet steak (medium-rare, with garlic butter) from an organic grass-fed champion Welsh Black that my next door neighbour had shot in the head in his yard yesterday morning (thus avoiding the stress of the journey to the slaughterhouse and the additional stress inherent in being in the slaughterhouse) then that's what I'd choose.
    I will admit that I try to eat grass fed beef. What they feed to the cattle is kind of questionable. Not going to lose sleep over it though.
  • savage22hp
    savage22hp Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Yes to meat , I don't watch videos of it's origin , I eat it .
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I agree with the poster, meat does a body good. Not sure how I am losing all this weight as a meat eater. Must be we are genetic freaks of nature or something! Funny but my weight, BP and AC1 all went down when I eliminated gluten. Ya know the stuff that ruminants have to belch up two or three times to digest. Weird!