How do you get rid of CELLULITE on the legs?

Options
bikini season is right around the corner......any suggestions??????

Replies

• qkidney
    qkidney Posts: 258
    Options
    Bump
  • j_courter
    j_courter Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    running, especially hills worked for me. (with a sensible diet, of course)
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Calorie deficit. No exercise is going to get rid of that fat there. Keep your diet in check! I do suggest compound lifts to help give sexy lean legs and a round butt though! Gotta love squats and lunges :D
  • Kendrawinn
    Options
    For me it clears up when I don't drink any alcohol, drink lots of water and eat clean. Never tried any creams or anything like that.
  • littlelaura
    littlelaura Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    I was told unsweetened cranberry juice (diluted if perferred) or cranberry supplement pills work.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Mdin1029
    Mdin1029 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Calorie deficit. No exercise is going to get rid of that fat there. Keep your diet in check! I do suggest compound lifts to help give sexy lean legs and a round butt though! Gotta love squats and lunges :D

Thanks for the info. What are compound lifts?
  • muffintopminx
    muffintopminx Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too! I've been eating right, doing "Turbo Fire", "ChaLEAN Extreme" and just started "Braziiian Butt Lift". I've gotten rid of a lot with all this over the past 10 months but not all. This last bit won't budge - so frustrating!!!!!
  • COCookieRaider
    Options
    Bump
  • applebobbrush
    applebobbrush Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    I had it explained to me that it has a lot to do with your genetics and losing weight. So under your skin the tissue is kind of like a pair of nylons and as you gain weight those nylons get stretched into something similar to fishnet stockings and little bits of fatty tissue pokes through. I apologize if I am throwing out something untrue, I'm not a professional I'm just passing along how it's been explained by several medical personnel and my trainer at the gym. The more weight you lose the fish net stockings slowly go back to a smaller size and make cellulite less visible.
  • liz2512
    liz2512 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I have heard increasing the blood flow to the area helps, like with one of those scrubby mitts in the shower.
  • BarbWhite09
    BarbWhite09 Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    I don't think there's any way to get rid of it except lowering your fat %

I've tried every cellulite cream out there, none of them had ever made any difference, sadly. I even tried the goodbye cellulite cream that came with a 30 day supply of these pills that were supposed to help, never did. Lol.

Also, if you use a self tanner [or real tanning if you prefer but eh...] it helps disguise it some.
  • Chevitz
    Options
    I have also been told that diet pop can make cellulite more visible - whether it's the aspartame or what, I'm not sure... I still have some spots on my thighs and hips that I'm working on too...
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I still have to lose weight (with the calorie deficit stuff) but I've also heard dry brushing towards your heart and coffee and/or salt/sugar scrubs can help...
    If you do any of those, be sure to take before pics and share the afters if they work!! =)
  • m_tran
    Options
    bikram yoga, lots of water and eating healthy has helped me. i'm doing the 30-day challenge, i'm on day 15 and i've noticed it reduced quite a bit. hopefully by day 30, it'll be completely gone.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options

Thanks for the info. What are compound lifts?

Compound lifts are lifts that work more than one muscle group such as squats, deadlift, bench, rows and such
  • KLK1986
    Options
    I was told unsweetened cranberry juice (diluted if perferred) or cranberry supplement pills work.

If that were true, I'd be cellulite-free as I take a few cranberry supplement pills a day and have for years. Alas, my rear end and thighs are covered in cellulite :(
  • mindy2185
    Options
    very helpful!!!! thanks!!!!
  • sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    I would say exercise, especially lifting. Squats, lunges, things that trigger the whole lower body area