10 Weeks, From 330 to 311 lbs. I feel fantastic! (w/pics)

Options

Replies

• Riekena79
    Options
    Great Job! Keep it Up! I am glad that you showed pictures, you can see progress and this keeps you motivated.

I am on a Fitness Challenge, starting Week 6, it is not for wimps and usually they are happy if you lose 1 pound a week since your body is also burning fat into muscle at the same time which can take up to 6 weeks before you can see a difference. I have 50 pounds to lose to look and feel great, so I am in the same boat and will be signing up for another session just to stay with it in a controlled environment and on a schedule.
  • jessradtke
    jessradtke Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    Wow! You can really see a difference already. Way to go!
  • saniya1990
    saniya1990 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow great keep it going
  • supergirl6
    supergirl6 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your lovely comments! I absolutely adore the success stories board because you're all such awesome cheerleaders! Thank you thank you thank you. You have no idea how much your comments mean to me!

To answer a couple of the questions -

How do I stay motivated? I work out with my BFF. She picks me up from work and we go straight to the gym. This helps keep us both accountable. At first and whenever I start something new, it's hard and horrible. I think, no way, I can't do this. 4 weeks ago I started C25K and that first day I would run 1 minute and walk like 5 minutes because that 1 minute made me feel like I was going to die, like my lungs were going to explode or my brain was going to explode from lack of oxygen or SOMETHING was clearly going to explode. I thought I should stop because it made me feel so bad, but I chose to give it one more try. I ran one minute and walked five until I could run 1 minute and walk four, then three, and then I completed a full real Week 1 this week running 1 minute and walking 1 and a half minutes. And running those 1 minute intervals doesn't make my chest feel like it's going to explode anymore. I breathe hard, but it doesn't hurt or make me panic.

I remember starting on squats 10 weeks ago and I did 5 total. My knee hurt, everything hurt. By week 3 the pain in my right knee had disappeared completely and by week 5 I was doing 2 sets of 15 squats with added weights. On day 1 I did about 80 lbs on the leg press and today I'm doing 225 lbs on the leg press. How do I stay motivated? I watch the progress. I record everything. I see success every day in different things and I can't help but think if I'm doing this now, what am I going to be able to accomplish by April? By June? By August?

Some days I go to the gym and it feels as hard as day 1 but there are more days I go to the gym and feel like a superhero. I know if today sucks, tomorrow probably won't. Around week 5 when I was doing all these amazing things I never thought possible, I decided to stop thinking about my weight as a negative thing. I can't hide that I weigh over 300 lbs, everyone can tell. I got here on my own and I'll get rid of it on my own. I'm not embarrassed anymore to show my pictures or to look like a basket case on the treadmill because there's no pretending I'm not as big as I am. I decided not to think "I'll do that when I'm thinner" anymore because if I get started now I'll be that much better when I am thinner. It's hard, but it's not impossible.

I guess between my best friend holding my hand and a HUGE change in attitude - everything changed.
  • MamaChunk
    MamaChunk Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Wow, you can really see the results of all your hard work. Whatever you are doing, it is working, and you look great!! I'm soo happy for you!!
  • sarbu24
    sarbu24 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Wow those pics are amazing! Its amazing how we have the ability to change our shape so drastically and that we have always had the power, just not the courage. Until now. We can do this!!!!! Keep up the good work!!!!!
  • dmouse0225
    Options
    That is fantastic! Great work!!!
  • J_Daawwg
    J_Daawwg Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are an inspiration. Thanks for posting the pics and your story!
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 675 Member
    Options
    You look great and you really see a big difference. When I started I was 312, Im only down these 4lbs but I feel a difference not only physically but mentally. Keep it up.:smile:
  • drowninginatowel
    Options
    You look great!! Keep up the good work.:bigsmile:
  • Kybaby0612
    Kybaby0612 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Keep up the great work and thanks for the motivation! I'm going to take pics to track my progress. My starting weight was 275. I hope to have great results like you!
  • myopus
    myopus Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You rock!!!
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    FANTABULOUS!!! You are amazing...what an inspiration! The pictures, and your great attitude, tell a beautiful story. Thank you for sharing. please give us regular updates on your progress. :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • Aesop101
    Aesop101 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    Keep up the great work!
  • JackeeW
    Options
    Thank you for posting such an inspirational message! With that amazing attitude of yours, there's no doubt in my mind that you won't reach your goals! Congratulations on all that you have accomplished thus far, and on all the successes that are sure to come! I can see a very obvious difference in your photographs. You have a lot to be proud of!

I look forward to seeing more of you (or should I say LESS of you) as you continue on your journey toward a healthier life! :)
  • SLT01
    SLT01 Posts: 58
    Options
    Amazing results, keep up the great work!!
  • mstcass
    mstcass Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    looking good!
  • cdickinson607
    cdickinson607 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    keep it up...your doing great!!!!!!:bigsmile:
  • elleruffin
    Options
    I am SO PROUD OF YOU :-) Your pictures and story are super inspiring. I pray you keep up that momentum! Looking forward to seeing your progress in weeks/months to come! Kudos to us challenging our minds/bodies on this journey of losing weight, one day at a time!

many blessings!
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!!!! You're doing awesome!!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!