Options
    Chillax!
    Be Happy!
    Nobody's perfect.:flowerforyou:

I am perfect.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,286 Member
    Options
    I'm surprised at how many threads I see complaining about it. We know what they mean. It's a fitness forum not a spelling bee, it's really petty to let it get to you I promise not one of the people that has used that extra "o" is doing it to ruin your day.
  • HeidiHoMom
    HeidiHoMom Posts: 1,393 Member
    Options
    And if someone could educate you on how to use the search function none of this would have been necessary.
    [/quote]

hehe

I think it is more of a typo than people not knowing how to spell. I have caught myself making the mistake. I am willing to bet that you aren't perfect so maybe keep the criticism to yourself.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I give people the benefit of the doubt. I think people CAN spell lose. They also can spell loose. And they might get the two confused.

It's going to be okay.

We choose what we want to see in life - the error, or the beauty of the human who makes the error.

I know what I choose!
  • Loves418
    Loves418 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Why do I feel like we are in HIGH SCHOOL! I feel that by pointing this out you are bullying people and making fun of them. This site is NOT to make fun of people but to support.....SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now everyone go back to your workouts and counting your calories and play nice!! Otherwise no snacks for you today! :angry:
  • wellbert
    wellbert Posts: 3,924 Member
    Options
    Oh, and don't forget about those people who can't use proper puncuation either!! sooo totally annoying when commas, apostrophes, and periods aren't used at all........

I can't tell if you are being ironic.
  • Saftlad
    Saftlad Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    And don't forget the misuse of the word *kitten* (as in donkey) to describe someone's behind. Yes, I am being an *kitten* :blushing:
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    I see this all over any fitness forum.

Everyone seems to spell "lose" as "loose". Its LOSE people. It isn't difficult.

If this post can educate just one person to spell it correctly, I will be a happier man.

Peace.

If this is the worse thing that happens to you today....
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Oh, and don't forget about those people who can't use proper puncuation either!! sooo totally annoying when commas, apostrophes, and periods aren't used at all........
    Or maybe someone could teach you Capitalization... Picky a** ppl...

Or how to spell the word "so" or how to properly use ellipses.
  • Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Is it a big deal that native English-speakers can't correctly write or speak English? Yes, that is a big deal, as far as I'm concerned. Maybe if we weren't so quick to accept mediocrity and failure, we'd all be better off.

And I don't understand why people who can't spell are allowed to say whatever they want, but the grammar Nazis aren't. That's a little bit completely hypocritical.

not everybody here is native...
    I hate those threads abpout grammar
    all of you grammar Nazis, you can write to me in Polish or Spanis and make as many mistakes as you wish, will have no problem with that!
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    OMG, I hate when people correct grammar, lol. I honestly never even notice things like this. I mean if it is so bad that you can't understand what the person is saying, I understand it getting annoying but this isn't a job, or a college course, it's MFP! Anyways, I'm just glad that it doesn't bother me as bad as some people. Oh and I don't believe I have ever spelled lose wrong, but I may have, I don't really pay that close attention.
  • reese66
    reese66 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    I see this all over any fitness forum.

Everyone seems to spell "lose" as "loose". Its LOSE people. It isn't difficult.

If this post can educate just one person to spell it correctly, I will be a happier man.

Peace.

If this is the worse thing that happens to you today....

Was thinking the same thing :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options

...or the proper use of an ellipses...
  • HeidiHoMom
    Options
    Wow, people are taking this little rant seriously...it IS posted in Chit Chat, Fun, and Games! If you want support and acceptance go to a different forum!! Now...what really gets me is people not using a dang Oxford Comma!! Come on people, that tiny little comma changes the entire sentence!!!
    Seriously though, as a teacher, it drives me crazy seeing so many adults in America not knowing how to use their own language properly. It makes us look bad...our schools already fall behind many other countries...the lack of education we put forth on websites doesn't help our image at all!

Again, how about using the apostrophe or ellipses properly if you are going to criticize others.

Just a suggestion. :D
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    blank stare..........
  • LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    What I find most annoying, is when people put commas, just about anywhere, like, whenever they think a pause is warranted, even when it isn't, and, whenever they think they can use it in place of a conjunction, it really just makes the sentence nonsensical, and when, rather than using a comma in its correct usage, they throw, a few in, for good, measure.

Also, I get annoyed with the misspelling of ridiculous. It wouldn't bother me if I thought it was a simple typo but I see more people write rediculous than the correct spelling.

'Rediculous' makes me think of dinosaurs, which is ridiculous really.

This is not to be taken seriously. I'm hoping the mention of dinosaurs highlights this.
  • MrsBlobs
    MrsBlobs Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    I'm not overly bothered but, it can make reading posts not as easy as it could be. In my head when I see loose, I read loose. So I have to remember to translate it or nothing makes sense.

Agree with others, your/you're their/there are funny to read, but they do at least sound the same. Lose/loose don't!
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options

Indeed :tongue:
  • elcyclista
    Options
    Its LOSE people. It isn't difficult.

Peace.

"Its" implies that "lose" belongs to something, which is also incorrect. The correct way to write this is "it's" or "it is". The flow of logic can be murky within those two sentence fragments. People who forget to use correct punctuation should learn to use correct punctuation.

Nah just kidding. XD it's no big deal either. I have nothing to loose whether you don't use proper spelling or not. Haha
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    drives me nuts too but i probably woudn't create a post about it
This discussion has been closed.