Jillian Michaels 30 day exercize routines

Options
Are any of these good? I saw the Ripped in 30 and the 30 day shred on sale, and was wondering if any one has used them with results. I should also say I work full time and go to night school 3 days a week, so anything I do has to be fast and worth it (I was thinking of doing the Insanity 20 minute dvd).

Thanks!

Replies

• LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    I just started 30 Day Shred and I LOVE it! I also do P90X, but this offers a short workout that really gets all my muscles involved.
  • EMarvie
    EMarvie Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    30 day shred is amazing!!
  • wwww1199
    wwww1199 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I'm excited about starting the 30 DS tonight. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I would start with 30 Day Shred. They are both hard workouts, but IMO Ripped in 30 is harder than 30 Day Shred
  • CrazyDaisysMommy
    Options
    I'm doing 30 Day Shred right now and the results are pretty awesome! Search the message boards for "30DS" or "30 Day Shred results" and you'll see some amazing pictures. I won't lie; it's brutal, but worth it. The moves aren't complicated, but I am pretty sweaty after 20 minutes.
  • wildhehr2
    wildhehr2 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I just finished 30 day shred (took me two months because I took breaks). Lost no weight, BUT I lost 4 inches from my gut. Very happy with it.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    I'm on 30 Day Shred but only do it every other day. I feel alone in saying this but... it's boring and I don't find it challenging. I was done with level 1 after 2 workouts. Level 2 is much better for me, but I don't anticipate being on it long. I plan on sticking it out for a good month, to see how it works out, since so many have spoken so highly of it. I'd recommend checking it out from the library to see if it's your thing.

Personally, I'd rather go for a run then lift free weights.
  • soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Done them both and I love them. Keep in mind, what you eat has more to do with weight loss. These will tone the muscles. Doing level 3 of ripped in 30 now!
  • SexyLexy83
    Options
    I AM CURRENTLY DOING THE 30DS WITH A GROUP WE ARE ON DAY 6 AND WILL BE FINISHED MARCH 1ST AND THEN I AM STARTING A GROUP <<<INSANITY>> FAST AND FURIOUS 20 MIN WORKOUT ON MARCH 5TH IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO JOIN, WE ARE GOING TO WEIGH IN AND TAKE MEASURMENTS EVERY WEEK TO SEE WHO HAS LOST THE MOST IF YOU WOULD LIKE YOU CAN JOIN MY GROUP AND READ SOME OF MY TOPICS I HAVE POSTED ALOT OF REVIEWS ABOUT INSANITY AND AS FOR THE 30DS YES I AM SEEING RESULTS ALREADY LOST A FEW INCHES AND LOST 5LBS ALL TOGETHER BUT I WANT TO LOSE 20 THATS Y IM GOING TO CONTINUE WITH INSTANITY WHEN IM DONE, IM REALLY EXCITED ONCE I HIT MY GOAL WIEGHT IM LEANING TOWARDS ALLLLL MUSCLE !!
    HOPE THIS HELPS YOU CAN ADD ME IF YOU LIKE IM A GREAT MOTIVATER!!:wink:
  • CnocNaCu
    CnocNaCu Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm on 30 Day Shred but only do it every other day. I feel alone in saying this but... it's boring and I don't find it challenging. I was done with level 1 after 2 workouts. Level 2 is much better for me, but I don't anticipate being on it long. I plan on sticking it out for a good month, to see how it works out, since so many have spoken so highly of it. I'd recommend checking it out from the library to see if it's your thing.

Personally, I'd rather go for a run then lift free weights.

I like running too, but 30 DS and all other Jillian M. dvds are exactly what makes our bodies change: a great mix of strength, abs and cardio. No other fitness dvd kept me going, no ther dvd has toned my body AND made it lose fat. I find it pretty amazing and not boring at all.
  • hmcminton
    hmcminton Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    i have many of her DVDs and 30DS is my go-to when i need to drop a few quick pounds ~ if you get bored with it, there is no reason why you can't intensify it... add more weight. I also like to keep track of how many reps i can do in each interval (e.g., trying to improve on how many push-ups i can do in one interval) - that keeps it exciting for me. good luck!
  • lts42uk
    lts42uk Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 DS now - 2nd time around - I first did it last June. I've since done Ripped in 30, 6 Week 6 Pack and I mix up Banish Fat , Boost Metabalism and No More Trouble Zones when I've got a bit more time! They all kick butt in varying degrees, particularly the last 2, and I love them!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    all Jillian dvds are worth. depends on fitness level. if beginner, get those, in the middle? 30day shred is good, advanced? extreme shed shred and even ripped in 30is a bit tough
  • medoria
    medoria Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Ive don both I like them a lot. 30 ds is better if youre a beginner, Ripped if you need more of a challenge and already have the form on lunges, squats, pushups etc.
  • meg7399
    meg7399 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    I am doing Ripped in 30. I am still in week one but it kicks my booty! I break a huge sweat and I feel my muscles the next day. I think I will see results IF I really stick to doing it for 6 days a week like recommended then moving on to the next level/week. Only down side is I HATE JM and her voice and STUPID facial expressions!
  • Divajj914
    Divajj914 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I have most of Jillian's DVD's and 30 DS is much easier to begin with than Ripped in 30. If would say get both and work your way to Ripped... Good luck! I'm an avid fan of Jillian's and would love the friend... add me if you would like !
  • RaKlavin
    Options
    My wife just finished the 30 DS. During the course of it she was also running and only lost a couple of pounds from everything however the biggest notice was the 4" she lost off her waste (at least that's of that I paid attention to, it may have been 1 more). She has gotten now the 30 rip one and is planning to start that today.

Given her results, I myself am going to start the 30 DS, if I can follow what she's done, even only a couple of inches it'll be well worth the time. (especially since she already has the follow on video...)
  • AngelaeLebron1
    AngelaeLebron1 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I have done 30 day shred, lost a lot of weight (was also dieting), did the full 30 days, AND lost quite a few inches. Then I started ripped in 30, never got through that one. I loved it, but I got sick half way through and had to take a break..then I quit doing it. I tried to pick it back up after that but the kids had got ahold of it and it skips now =(, I did like it enough though that I'm thinking about buying it again and retrying it. I also have extreme shed and shred (which I love) & 6 week 6 pack! Right now I'm alternating between those two. I love all of her DVD's. I can't seem to find any other DVD's within price range that work for me except for hers. Wanting to try insanity next month though...anyways YES I would definitely recommend her DVD's.

Also replying to the comment about the 30 day shred not being challenging...I think it depends on what shape your in. When I first started I was 25lbs heavier and TOTALLY out of shape, and I felt the 30DS very challenging. Since I've been working out more though,I've gone through and have done level 3 since then and can now fly through it. I still get a work out in, but I have to do something else with it because I also don't feel like it's enough anymore.
  • Hi,

I think I can relate to your situation as I also work full time and I'm studying in the evenings for my Masters degree so I know how challenging it can be to find the time to work out!

I think the 30 Day Shred is perfect for this type of lifestyle, as it is literally just 20 minutes but during that time Jillian has you working every muscle in your body! It's great but hard work - don't expect it to be a breeze because it isn't. You only have 20 minutes so she does push you the entire time. But it's worth it. I'm not doing the prescribed 30 days; instead I'm using the DVD in between cardio days to make sure I'm getting my strength training in and I feel it works well for me like this.

However, as people have pointed out above, if you do just do the 30DS on its own for 30 days straight you will see results - check out the forums for some before and after pics - it totally transforms your body, but that takes some mega dedication!

Good luck and all the best xx
  • brasskim
    Options
    30DS works plain and simple. I did Workout 1 for about 3 weeks and have now switched to Workout 2 and Workout 2 is much better for me. It works my body much harder but I can still get through it. I've lost inches. the only number I know for sure is 1.5" around my natural waist. I'm down a pants size and yesterday I had to pull a belt out and was able to use a belt I haven't used in a long time. It's very motivating to see such great results. I'm down 8 lbs also but I am also doing Zumba 2-3 times a week.

There is a lot of squats in the workouts so be sure to use the proper form when squatting and don't let you're knee go behind your toes. Even if you are doing proper form, you still risk injury due to the extra weight we are carrying. I've modified some of the squats or just don't do them as I've been having problems with my right knee. I also have two sets of weights, 5 and 8 lbs, that I use depending on the strength section.