Replies

• kateroot
    kateroot Posts: 435
    Options
    AA. Seriously.
  • Camsdette
    Camsdette Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If you're 5'2'' and you weigh 110, that's already on the low end of your healthy weight range. You don't need to lose weight. You might need to tone, but your weight is fine.
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    I'll step away from the obvious 'don't drink' or 'drink less' solutions since they're...obvious. I will say that if you are actually binge drinking multiple times a week as you say, it may be very difficult to meet your goals. Alcohol in moderation can be worked into a diet and fitness plan, but too much and it becomes VERY difficult to juggle.

It sounds like one of the problems is controlling food intake after drinking. If you can get a handle on that it might help with the other stuff. I generally find, after a night of drinking (like today for me...stupid Superbowl) it's easier for me to eat nothing for the first half of the day rather than try to go right back into my diet. I just drink a lot of water, and get my food in in the afternoon or evening. The short fast, for me at least, helps me get back into the groove of things.
  • Kap10
    Kap10 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    One answer ... see a medical professional ..... end off.

You have a problem and need serious help.
  • ronald4133
    Options
    I had the same problem in my 20s and the alcohol always won. Five years and a whole lot of legal trouble later, I quit drinking. When you're ready, there's a lot of help at your fingertips.
    Ron
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Why are you drinking for 2 days straight? Do you do this often? I can understand a couple of nights having some drinks.

Its a pretty simple solution. STOP DRINKING. If you want to tone up, at 110 and 5'2", you don't need to lose any more pounds. What you need to be doing is increasing your protein and start weight training. Most importantly, lay off the alcohol.
  • wantu2wantme
    Options
    I call them as I see them and believe in tough love. What's the point of this posting? You weigh all of 110 lbs and you admit that you freely binge drink and eat unhealthy. You are not serious about whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself and are simply wasting your time at this point. IF you really want to lead a healthy lifestyle then stop the binge drinking and eat healthy foods more often than not. Exercise regularly. Again, my intention is not to demean you but YOU have to accept responsibility for your actions and then take positive steps toward your goals.

LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine per week, but I prefer not to drink because it causes me to crave everything in sight. LOL.

Seriously, wine improves digestion, so that combined with it being a high glycemic food, it makes sense that it causes someone to overeat. It stimulates hungry by two different ways -- BG "crash" and stimulating appetite by improving digestion.

There's really no way around it -- alcohol has a lot of calories and sugar. If you are going to drink, some of those calories will have to be reduced in your diet to offset your overindulgence in alcohol. Obviously, choosing alcohol over real food is not a healthy choice, and if a person is unable to limit their alcohol intake then this speaks to a larger problem than simply trying to diet.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is a killer for fat loss... Its not food but has tons of calories. Your body turns alcohol into sugars which are easily stored as fat. 110 pounds is not overweight - it is totally in the middle of the healthy BMI range. If you have noticeable flab, its because you have too little Lean Body Mass compared to the amount of fat.

Are you exercising? Does it include Strength training? If the answer to either of these questions is NO, this is a big part of your problem.

You probably don't have a huge amount of fat to loose (just guessing based on your weight). I suspect if you forego the binge drinking and hit the gym you should be successful. Binge drinking is dangerous for a number of reasons, best to learn to limit your intake or quit drinking entirely.
  • wantu2wantme
    Options
    I'll step away from the obvious 'don't drink' or 'drink less' solutions since they're...obvious. I will say that if you are actually binge drinking multiple times a week as you say, it may be very difficult to meet your goals. Alcohol in moderation can be worked into a diet and fitness plan, but too much and it becomes VERY difficult to juggle.

It sounds like one of the problems is controlling food intake after drinking. If you can get a handle on that it might help with the other stuff. I generally find, after a night of drinking (like today for me...stupid Superbowl) it's easier for me to eat nothing for the first half of the day rather than try to go right back into my diet. I just drink a lot of water, and get my food in in the afternoon or evening. The short fast, for me at least, helps me get back into the groove of things.

good idea :)
  • Sydney0710
    Sydney0710 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Also, the alcohol may be way you're are flabby even though at a lower BMI. The wrong kind of foods supposedly causes people to store fat different. Hence why even a very thin person can have a "beer gut" despite their low weight.
  • CallmeSbo
    CallmeSbo Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Do consider to stop drinking. I think you might have a problem or When you out with friends next time, order red grape juice in a wine glass. It gives me the feeling like im drinking. Or drink water in between drinks. Good luck.
  • lukeout007
    lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    LMAO My point was to see if there was other people like me, not to get smart *kitten* comments from people who don't know me! but whatever, that's what life is about. right? For one thing, if I wasn't serious about wanting to lose weight then I wouldn't be on here trying to connect with people, etc.

I doubt your going to find a lot of 110 lb alcoholics on here. There's a difference between coming on here and saying you need motivation or help understanding diet, etc vs. coming on here and saying you drink for days and don't eat and you want to lose weight at 110lbs. You're going to be hard pressed to find much sympathy.

And for the record...I understand the alcohol thing. 20-23 is pretty much a blur for me...I made around $100k (accumulative) in those 3 years and spent all but my bill money on alcohol. I understand. But I grew up. I still drink...but only once or twice a week and its one to two drinks at the most.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Alcohol will ruin a lot more than just your diet. If you are truly looking for health and fitness, STOP BINGEING! Alcoholism runs in my family and I have only been able to avoid it by not letting myself overdo it. My rule is NEVER more than 2 drinks in one day (6oz wine, OR 2oz of Liquor in a mixed drink,OR 12oz beer), and not that often (1/week maybe). Bingeing on food or alcohol is NOT healthy physically, emotionally, psychologically or socially. You are on a path to a world of pain my friend.
  • bekisimpkins
    bekisimpkins Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I don't want to preach to you as it's your body to do whatever you want, but I'd seriously re-examine your relationship with alcohol and maybe find other activites to occupy your time. As soon as you switch from heavy drinking to a more healthy lifestyle, I'm fairly sure your excess weight (doesn't sound like you have too much to lose) will just fall off naturally.

Just because you can't see the damage binge drinking is doing to your body now (apart from a little tummy fat), doesn't mean it's not ruining your body. If you binge reguarly, what's to stop you turning to alcohol each day if times get tough? It's a downward spiral if you don't take charge now. Alcohol shouldn't affect your day to day life (eg causing weight gain, binge eating, I'm guessing chronic hangovers).

I stopped drinking a while ago (binge drinking on weekends) and I haven't looked back. I read on a Sat/ Sun morning friends status updates of how ill they are and how they'll never do that again. I get up on a Sunday morning and go lift some weights at the gym and feel good about myself. That's not to say I'll never drink again, it's just it won't become the norm.

Good luck and if you need to talk about it, just add me as a friend. x
  • wantu2wantme
    Options

I doubt your going to find a lot of 110 lb alcoholics on here. There's a difference between coming on here and saying you need motivation or help understanding diet, etc vs. coming on here and saying you drink for days and don't eat and you want to lose weight at 110lbs. You're going to be hard pressed to find much sympathy.

And for the record...I understand the alcohol thing. 20-23 is pretty much a blur for me...I made around $100k (accumulative) in those 3 years and spent all but my bill money on alcohol. I understand. But I grew up. I still drink...but only once or twice a week and its one to two drinks at the most.

your mean! lol i DONT CARE THOUGH :) PREEETTTTY WITTY OF YOU! p.s. not looking for sympathy, I just drown my sorrows in my drinks :)
  • gainingalife
    gainingalife Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    don't worry I have a very similar problem.... and yes I'm well aware that in an ideal society nobody would binge drink.. However that's my choice and and a fairly substantial aspect to my social life and my lifestyle. What I do do is be very careful about what I eat the day of; make sure you eat a big breakfast and then a healthy but modest lunch and dinner -- but you must eat!!!!!!. Do a big workout -- If you burn 500-700 calories or so that leaves you with about 1000 calories if you're on 1200-1600 a day. I don't know exactly how much you drink but you just have to be a little more careful -- instead of getting cocktails or a cheap bottle of red wine mix spirits with non-calorie soft drinks -- rum with diet coke is good! Make sure you drink lots of water as well, especially before you go to sleep (if you can remember haha) as this will ease your dehydration/hangover in the morning. Have a huge breakfast and then just try and be careful for the rest of the day. If you think about what you're eating you can still stay under/meet your calorie allowance.

I've also cut down big time -- If I'm meeting someone for just one drink I'll substitute for a diet coke or something, and I only really go out once a week, maybe twice so it doesnt sabotage my diet too much. Uni's a good distraction!
  • jjblogs
    jjblogs Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I call them as I see them and believe in tough love. What's the point of this posting? You weigh all of 110 lbs and you admit that you freely binge drink and eat unhealthy. You are not serious about whatever fitness goals you have set for yourself and are simply wasting your time at this point. IF you really want to lead a healthy lifestyle then stop the binge drinking and eat healthy foods more often than not. Exercise regularly. Again, my intention is not to demean you but YOU have to accept responsibility for your actions and then take positive steps toward your goals.

Laughing at this advise is ridiculous. You are OVER DRINKING ie. alcoholic, and you want to lose weight when you are already at a low 110. I think you're at the wrong site, and you obviously aren't taking these issues seriously as you're laughing at someone who is offering sound advise. He wasn't being a smart *kitten*, he was being serious. You have some issues and needing to diet isn't one of them.
  • magram
    magram Posts: 12
    Options
    Yep! And yesterdays Super Bowl Pizza and Wine hangover today.
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options

This wasn't a smart *kitten* remark, he just gave it to you how it is..Girl you need some help!!! Seriously..WTF you doing on this site weighin 110 and binge drinking??? THAT's beyond unhealthy..Please seek some help, then maybe come back later when you are ready to live that healthy life you claim you are doing...