What did you think of Madonna's Half-time performance?

Options
I really liked the performance. I wish she didn't lipsync but overall it was good. The light show that accompanied the performance was great from the aerial view. M.I.A. didn't have to flip off the audience though lol.

Replies

• thoma74
    thoma74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I thought it was pretty good. I wish I could have her body at 53!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    I thought it sucked, but then I never did like her.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    It was crap. She was obviously lip syncing as her mouth and song were completely off. She couldn't get up on the bleachers the first time she tried and had to try again. I found it to be pathetic for 10 million dollars.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I am not a fan nor do I dislike her singing.
    My opinion but if I want to hear someone sing then just sing dammit,if I want to see a dance routine then do that instead.
    Have hated that type of act since it started in the 80s.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    My husband and I watched her fall off the bleachers a couple times with our DVR...excellent stuff, right there!
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    I liked it!!! I thought she did a really great job. And after last year and the year before, it was quite refreshing to see a performance worth watching.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    It was entertaining!!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    Well, they did make sure that her boobs stayed put.....I was expecting her to be in some type of bustier like she always is, but they went the safe route. overall, I guess it was ok...but I kept feeling like I was waiting for something that never happened............and really....what was the point in MIA flipping everyone off?
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Didn't watch it. I turn to the Puppy Bowl at halftime. The puppies and kitties are so cute!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    It was a lot better then I thought it was going to be. One of the better performances I have seen lately
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    It was crap. She was obviously lip syncing as her mouth and song were completely off. She couldn't get up on the bleachers the first time she tried and had to try again. I found it to be pathetic for 10 million dollars.

Yep, 100% agreement. For someone who has been doing this for 30+ years I didn't understand why she felt the need to lip sync, and poorly. CeLo was the high point for me.
  • theoneandonlybrookie
    Options
    Lip syncing really bothers me. I guess it would have been much more difficult to dance on bleachers AND sing at the same time but still... Do they all lip sync now during these halftime shows? It's so cheesy.

But she looks amazing, and not just for her age. She has an incredible body for any age.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Lip synched MTV performance. Tried to watch. Lasted about 4 minutes before I was bored with it.
  • DaveJ_43
    DaveJ_43 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I thought it was fairly entertaining for a SB halftime show. My main takeaway was, "she's getting old..." Too bad that I can relate. :)
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Madonna performed at half time? ....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.....
  • sharonsjones
    sharonsjones Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I thought it was alright, I just kept waiting for it to pick up a bit, but it never did. I do think she looks amazing!
  • starracer23
    starracer23 Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    She lip-synced, she almost fell, she was very stiff...I guess her body doesn't like those heels at 53.

Like a prayer was good....the rest :yawn:

Wait the dude on the wire...that was pretty cool. Madonna flopping around like a dead fish...was not.
  • raiderrodney
    raiderrodney Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    It wasn't too bad...but they should have gotten Rihanna or Lady Gaga ;)
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    She should have rethought the boots....

She was seriously off balance....
  • lisaslim1976
    Options
    Ok...sorry to sound thick but what are "bleachers"?
    Im british and have never heard this saying before
    Thanks
    Lisa