Cherry Angel Food Cake Bars- EASY 88 cals

Options

Replies

• streammary
    streammary Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Last year at Super Bowl party, someone had brought this and it was awesome!!! She told me about the angel food cake and the pie filling, and that was it. So know I know what I will fix for dessert for the Patriots win tomorrow.
  • mfsjala
    mfsjala Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmm
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Yummy! Thanks 4 sharing!!!
  • Jadbaa
    Jadbaa Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Bump! Sounds yummy!
  • tigger301780
    tigger301780 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    bump. so trying this out!
  • Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Made these yesterday. My kids and husband tasted the bars. My husband even liked them and he rarely likes my baking. Took them to church and the were gobbled up. I ask if I should bring them again and got a resounding YES. Thanks for the recipe.
  • Karenmm1960
    Karenmm1960 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Made these yesterday. My kids and husband tasted the bars. My husband even liked them and he rarely likes my baking. Took them to church and they were gobbled up. I asked if I should bring them again and got a resounding YES. Thanks for the recipe.
  • kwikstop
    kwikstop Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Destinyshalo
    Destinyshalo Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dschavers
    dschavers Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cherylaclark
    cherylaclark Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options
    Here's my UPDATE= tried these for SuperBowl party- revised recipe and made my own SF fruit filling (using Stevia in the Raw)

1 box Betty Crocker Angel Food Cake Mix

1- 16 oz. pkg frozen Dole Sweet Dark Cherries, thawed,drained and then sweetened w/ 1/4 c. Stevia in the Raw-
    1/2 c. Wyman's Fresh Frozen Wild Blueberries, thawed, drained

I baked mine in Pampered Chef large bar pan for 30 minutes. Cut into 30 squares 2" squares.
    65 cal. each, 15 carbs, 11 gr. sugar

I was hoping for the red/white/blue color scheme but didn't work out as I'd planned- turned out purple instead:laugh:
  • jrbourdon
    Options
    Bump
  • sunspotalli
    sunspotalli Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    This is good using a can of lemon pie filling instead of cherry, too. Makes YUMMY lemon bars!!!!!!

my husband loves lemon stuff i'm totally going to try this thanks!
  • LilMizDetermined
    LilMizDetermined Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    bump
  • daisydieter
    Options
    Here's my UPDATE= tried these for SuperBowl party- revised recipe and made my own SF fruit filling (using Stevia in the Raw)

1- 16 oz. pkg frozen Dole Sweet Dark Cherries, thawed,drained and then sweetened w/ 1/4 c. Stevia in the Raw-

I baked mine in Pampered Chef large bar pan for 30 minutes. Cut into 30 squares 2" squares.

I was hoping for the red/white/blue color scheme but didn't work out as I'd planned- turned out purple instead:laugh:

If all the fruit is drained.... what is the liquid?
  • Fit4_Life
    Fit4_Life Posts: 828 Member
    Options
    YUM! It's on my list!! :tongue: Thank you~
  • Juliebean_1027
    Juliebean_1027 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Has anyone else tried this? I want other opinions of people who have made it, other than the person who suggested. Not to say it's not good, just need more info. Thanks!!! :) Sounds yummy though.

I've made a similar cake with crushed pineapple. Box of angel food cake mix, can of crushed pineapple (in juice, not syrup). Dump both ingredients in bowl, mix by hand. Bake as directed. Frickin' delicious. Top with a tbsp of cool whip if you like.
  • Jill_newimprovedversion
    Options

If all the fruit is drained.... what is the liquid?

Don't need it- there's enough syrup from the fruit/Stevia. Just the dry mix and the fruit- that's all the recipe calls for.
    I was *skeptical* too, but they come out just fine- the consistency of angel food cake (crumbly) but oh so moist- and delicious.
    I will try other fruit combinations with this recipe.
  • zanneydae
    Options
    Wow I'm gonna try this, sounds delish!