Not used to unwanted male attention..

2»

Replies

• BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    bump
  • rheiah
    rheiah Posts: 84
    Same thing here. For me it's not necessarily because of the weight I've lost but of the self confidence I've gained. I'm feeling so much more comfortable in my own body and that seems to have attracted quite a bit of attention.

As I'm currently single (and have been for a while) it's not like I don't want any attention at all but the sudden rush (from nothing to being hit on constantly) is very overwhelming and confusing.
  • Cytherea
    Cytherea Posts: 515 Member
    I totally know how you feel! I'm totally oblivious to everything, my husband has to point out when someone is looking at me, but when they come up to me and says things I'm a mess. When they are blatant and compliment me, I turn bright red and get all flustered and can't speak and trip over myself. Mind you, I'm happily married and not at all interested, but I've *never* gotten attention like this and I literally do not know how to react. My husband thinks it is cute and loves it when I tell him about people who flirt with me because it strokes his ego and makes him all proud to be my husband, which makes me smile. But oh man, so many awkward moments...

Though I have been followed down the street by a creeper in a car who was trying to get me into his pick up. I was like noooooo... running away.... he kept following me and I totally freaked out. Luckily, the light turned and I was able to get across the cross walk so he couldn't follow me anymore. My husband does NOT like me walking down the street to the store anymore because of that. But it is so silly to drive a total of three miles round trip when I could walk and get that extra exercise in!!
  • JTick
    JTick Posts: 2,131 Member

For the lady that broke up with a guy because she didn`t think anyone could like how she looked I am afraid that is a bit too involved an issue for a casual comment here to be of much good.
    Please seek out real life support and counseling so you can get your life back,you deserve it because what you see and believe is simply not true.:flowerforyou:

Yes, I agree, and spent a year in counseling to deal with this issue and others. However, that doesn't mean it's completely gone. Granted, there were other reasons to end the relationship, but I found out very quickly I need to be able to love myself before I can be in a relationship. It wasn't fair to him.
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member

For the lady that broke up with a guy because she didn`t think anyone could like how she looked I am afraid that is a bit too involved an issue for a casual comment here to be of much good.
    Please seek out real life support and counseling so you can get your life back,you deserve it because what you see and believe is simply not true.:flowerforyou:

Yes, I agree, and spent a year in counseling to deal with this issue and others. However, that doesn't mean it's completely gone. Granted, there were other reasons to end the relationship, but I found out very quickly I need to be able to love myself before I can be in a relationship. It wasn't fair to him.

Maybe it isn`t gone but you are working on it and talking openly here about the situation.
    It sounds like you have started to love yourself and maybe aren`t even realizing it yet. :smile:

Just accept the honest word of a person who does happen to be a guy but you will never likely meet...you are an attractive lady,that is a reality so embrace it.