Valentines... ladies your input please

Options

Replies

• angiebabes84
    angiebabes84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I got flowers delivered to my work years ago, and it was so nice. Def do it, i would highly recommend it. Also, if she doesnt like some people, its kinda showing off, cos she got flowers! :)
  • dezi718
    dezi718 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I LOVE getting flowers at work! However, I have told my husband if he EVER spends the money to send me flowers on Valentine's Day I'd kill him. :) They are just too expensive and I'd rather that money be spent on something more important than flowers. I'd much rather get flowers on a regular day just b/c he's thinking of me than on Valentine's Day when EVERYONE is getting them. :)
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Do it!!!! It'll make her feel great!
  • tammy510
    Options
    I would love that, but from past experience I hated trying to get them home! The bigger they are the harder it is to carry them, especially if she has to ride public transportation. The one time my hubby did that, he showed at work just as I was getting off to help me take them home. I was more surprised by that then receiving the flowers!
  • shelbyfrootcake
    shelbyfrootcake Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    Flowers at work aren't simple and romantic, they're cliche and show a lack of imagination. If you really want to be romantic pick something more personal to her than a bunch of flowers. Unless, of course, she really loves flowers. Go nuts with it in that case.
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Do it, but on practical note, chose an arrangement that comes in a vase. Keeping flowers in the toilet sink until home time is somewhat unglamorous!

This!
  • Li_Willi
    Li_Willi Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I would hate that. None of us know your girlfriend so you're better off asking one of her friends/mum/sister etc instead of asking a bunch a strangers.

This!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I'm shy and my husband always sends Valentine's Day flowers to my work. It's a little embarassing, and attracts a lot of attention, but it's also a secret thrill. The other ladies are always jealous. I think you should do it! Good luck! :smooched:
  • RockChick1984
    Options
    Definately!!! make her day :)
  • ladylu11
    ladylu11 Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    I say go for it! Especially considering she has a good rapport with her co-workers.
    Happy Valentines Day :)
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    This is a lovely gesture, aside from allergy sufferers almost all girls like flowers and to have them presented at work can’t help to make any girl feel special. I’d advise checking with a relative or close friend of hers for her fav type of flowers if you didn’t already know. (For valentines I’d advise light pink roses as they are not so typical.) Oh and the card will seal the deal if you put something personal, something like ‘I can’t wait to see you tonight’ will keep the jealous girls in the office wondering what else you have planned... tee hee!

Fin x
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be a party pooper - I hate it, I die of embarrassment and if it's a busy day you can't get on for people who've never bothered speaking to you before coming over to poke at them and enquire into your relationship status (all the while people around you tut and cluck as they're on conference calls and 'you' have made it too noisy! In my circumstances having them bought home or delivered at home is much nicer.

That said - if I worked for a small business it'd be great, so I guess it depends on the circumstances :-)
  • vanessaclarkgbr
    vanessaclarkgbr Posts: 765 Member
    Options
    Should have mentioned - you're OP you're a nice bloke :-)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I'd hate it - would be way too embarrassed.

None of us know your girlfriend though, a lot of girls seem to love it (judging by the answers here)
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    I would love that, i am actually debating sending myself flowers as i know my other half wont............ yes im that sad

Not sad at all! Just make sure you send a card with something ridiculous on it like--"Thanks for a great weekend! love, Joaquin" or "Love being your pool boy! Marco....."

It will make you smile and make your coworkers think you're a wild and mysterious woman!
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I would hate that. None of us know your girlfriend so you're better off asking one of her friends/mum/sister etc instead of asking a bunch a strangers.
    Exactly. And really if you don't know your girlfriend well enough to know the answer... well... that seems like a problem.
  • AmyM713
    AmyM713 Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I think its a sweet gesture, my husband use to always do this when I worked out of the home. I don't think there is anything embarassing about getting flowers.
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    its a great idea, dont know many women who dont like to get flowers..
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    How about sending the flowers on just a random day rather than a made up holiday that is blown way out of proportion by florists and greeting card companies.

I know I love it when I come home and find flowers for no reason at all except that my husband thought I would like them. Same thing with finding the random bag of candy in the pantry for no special reason.

It means more to me than if I thought he was buying flowers or candy because it's the standard thing to do and he would be considered a crappy husband if he didn't fall prey to the advertisers of silly holidays. :bigsmile:
  • melcpia
    melcpia Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    If you've never done it before do it! At least when she comes home you can about it and make sure she was ok with it...for next time!

ST Vals is also my wedding anniversary!