Question: Did your style change when you reached your goal?

Options

Replies

• Secret_Agent_007
    Options
    I might actually buy less clothes. I'd love to walk around shirtless in the summer. But not the way I look now. :noway:
  • MrsCon40
    MrsCon40 Posts: 2,351 Member
    Options
    YES!

I have gone from "whatever a-line dress is on sale" to "give me a pencil skirt on sale"!!!

I get to rock the 60s aesthetic that I loved long before Mad Men came on :wink:
  • Jennieam
    Jennieam Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I haven't reached my goal weight either, but I noticed that as I started buying new clothes, that I had to look for "tighter" fits rather than looser clothes. That way they would last me longer.

This was a big change in itself - I guess that in the past I have never been confident that I would continue with my weight-loss.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Def showing more boobage now too.
    Slut.
  • killagb
    Options
    Here's a new little number I wore out the other night:

Did you crochet the little shrug top yourself? Does it second as a tea cozy?
    Actually my mom made it for me. I'm starting to think you're making fun of my new outfit. :sad:

No, I like it. The mosquito netting is a nice touch, too. Your mom is making sure you don't get malaria or West Nile :wink:
    She cares. :heart:
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Slut.
    Net-wearin' momma's boy.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    More suits but I cannot buy anymore this year.
  • Micheetah
    Micheetah Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I'm back in jeans again! Towards my highest weight, I was a leggings and long shirt girl cuz all my jeans were too tight and i refused to buy bigger ones and now Im buying smaller ones and with cute fitted tops =) thats the biggest change, other than that, I've always dressed with the same sense of style.. black is still my fav color to wear tho.
  • maryjay51
    Options
    i havent reached my goal yet but lost 80lbs so far.. i went from a 26 to a 14..so yes my life style has changed..i dress sexier and feel way more confident in myself now. i make sure i keep myself well taylored with tanning, hair , nails and pedicures.. i have a wonderful social life too .. i can stay awake now when people talk to me lol
  • Scott613
    Scott613 Posts: 2,317 Member
    Options
    I now wear Affliction, Ed Hardy, Tap Out, and anything with rhinestones or glitter. If the shirt has anything that lights up or spins that's just a bonus. Usually a hat cocked to the side with the official hologram sticker still on it adds flare. The jeans now have to be ripped to shreds as well. I'm not sure why but, it cost more $ to get them that way. Also rolling up a pant leg is cool too. Again I'm not sure why. Wearing a chain that is down to my waist is neat too. It's better if there's some type of pendant on the chain such as a cross,dragon,skull, initials, peace symbol that spins or any other hypnotizing bling! Wearing sunglasses adds another over the top bada$$ level to the outfit. As for earings diamond studs are a must. I'm not too sure if I should wear a watch or bracelet soooo I wear both........on each hand. I won't wear a ring though because that's girly and I gotta draw the line somewhere.
  • darylinny
    Options
    I added high heels and dresses once the c-ankles and the rounded shoulders left the building! Oh and my gym attire has changed too. Bright long sleeve Nike shirts and fitted compression capri's (I love Old Navy!!!) or yoga pants are the uniform now!
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    somewhat.... I'm not a "in fashion" kinda girl.. I like what I like and I'm still very much that way but in the same respect I look at other types of clothing that I never would before. I'm wearing skinny jeans, I'm wearing tops I've never look at, dresses the list could go on.. Oh and the biggest thing is I'm able to shop in stores I never could before... and my biggest thing, I haven't shopped in the ladies section in over a year, junior sections are the bomb!
  • muffindowd
    Options
    My style has changed in that I fit into my pants again :). I refused to buy jeans in my "fat size" but now I fit back into the jeans I wore on my honeymoon!! :D
  • killagb
    Options
    Slut.
    Net-wearin' momma's boy.
    crying-man2-290x290.jpg
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes definetly! It's expensive! But I love that I'm able to wear so much stuff I wasn't able to in the past!
  • berv0009
    berv0009 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    YES!

I used to wear jeans and oversized athletic tshirts and hooded sweatshirts ALL the time. I have always been a bit of a tomboy, and don't get me wrong I still love to rock me some jeans and a hoodie. BUT I feel so much more comfortable in my own skin that I now actually buy girly clothes. I HAVE SKINNY JEANS. You couldn't have paid me any amount of money to wear those things in public before. Now I love them!!! And cute skirts and dresses and shirts............. etc.
  • sweetendeavor
    sweetendeavor Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I haven't gotten to my goal weight yet but since I've gone down a dress size I definitely dress more feminine than I did when I was bigger. When I was bigger I wore a lot more hoodies or t-shirts. Now I wear a lot more dresses and blouses.
  • candykay0605
    candykay0605 Posts: 1,019 Member
    Options
    I hope mine will change I havent bought new clothes in 3 years because I hated buying bigger sized clothes!!!!!!!!!!! maybe one day
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I dress a LOT different now. Whole new wardrobe, suit jackets from the normal side of the store... went from a 50 Big/Tall to a 46 Normal... Went from all XXXL Shirts to Larges with room to spare.... Went from 40 pants to 34's...

I still struggle with dres shirts as I have broad shoulders and a big barrel chest but I love buying new clothes... never thought I would... Technically, my wife loves buying me new clothes I just like to wear them and I am still 30+ pounds from my goal...
  • violetness
    violetness Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well, i am not a success story yet, but my mother swears she is going to take scissors to all my clothing (baggy t-shirts, jammie pants and sweats) and make me buy stylish clothes! :D
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!