can you meet your partner on MFP?

Options
i really like this boy, we met on here, im going to see him next weekend, hes like no one ive met (even though we havent met)

he makes me smile, he makes me laugh, hes... so attractive, and he has a beautiful heart,

has anyone else, met their partners on MFP? if yes. id like to hear your story :)

Replies

• Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it has happened. Just be careful...
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i think a couple of people have...hope everything goes well with you and i wish i was that lucky
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it happens... do ya'll live close by each other?

Good luck!!! Sounds like FUN! :bigsmile:
  • stephstar15
    Options
    Bring a friend with you on your first meeting....stay safe.
  • Charli666
    Options
    I'm sure i don't need to tell you to be careful :)

Me and my now hubby met on a forum, not this one though.

Almost 2 years of marriage now and i couldn't be happier!

Good luck x
  • BritFitB
    BritFitB Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Depends on their intentions!
  • flimflamfloz
    flimflamfloz Posts: 1,980 Member
    Options
    i really like this boy, we met on here, im going to see him next weekend, hes like no one ive met (even though we havent met)
    he makes me smile, he makes me laugh, hes... so attractive, and he has a beautiful heart,
    He's got bad breath though.

Which you don't know about just yet.
  • jmvmisc24
    jmvmisc24 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    i have never on here. i met my current boyfriend of two years on plenty of fish. he lived 15 minutes away. hes one of the best men i have ever met. i got lucky though. but do be careful.
  • sunnyk8
    sunnyk8 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Please please please be careful!
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    I met my wife on the interwebz next month we'll be married 10 years
  • AmberJslimsAWAY
    AmberJslimsAWAY Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Aww, thats so sweet, but be careful!!! Tell someone where you are going, give them address and everything!
  • SmallerBecky
    Options
    I think, as long as both people are honest about who they are, it's entirely possible and maybe even completely AWESOME! Just think about it: two people who are committed to change and improvement in themselves and all about encouraging others! What a wonderful foundation for a relationship! There are a lot of other not-so-savory places for people to meet...
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I met my hubby on Myspace 6 years ago!
  • MyTime1985
    MyTime1985 Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    Be careful!!! Take someone with you for the first meeting.
  • dragonsheart84
    Options
    I met my husband on a game through Facebook. We have been married for over a year now. I don't know what I would do without him in my life besides go back to what I was before. That was not good so I am pretty sure I will keep him. :) Good luck and just be careful.
  • NightOwl1
    NightOwl1 Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I do know people who have met on MFP and gotten into relationships. Some have not ended well. I don't know anyone who's gotten together on MFP and is still together, but there are a lot of people here and I'm sure it's worked well for certain people.

Just make sure to be careful, and remember that you don't really know someone based on how they represent themselves on the internet. So make sure to have your first meeting in a public place. And let people know where you're going so if there's any trouble they know where to look.

That being said, I hope it works out for you guys!
  • Elle_Jamaicangirl81
    Options
    i'm sure you can.

Please be very careful, there are some crazy people online.

Bring a friend or 2,
    meet somewhere very open and
    make sure you tell your folks/friends where you are going, keep communication open ... so let them know when u see him and so on.

if u can... give them a picture of the person.

^^ it seems like a lot, but one can't be too careful these days
  • _snw_
    _snw_ Posts: 1,305 Member
    Options
    good luck! There isn't any reason you ~can't~ meet your partner here.
  • DarkAngel525
    Options
    I met mine here on MFP. I live in the States and he lives in England. We took things (and still take things) very slow and we knew each other about a year before even discussing a relationship. We talked and got more serious for about 6 months before he just flew to see me in January. You have to be careful, communicate each other's intentions, and be safe :flowerforyou:
  • TOYGRRRL
    TOYGRRRL Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Please be careful...

Only meet for coffee or something else public if you go alone.

I wish you the best, but suggest you take precautions and stay safe. Don't be overly trusting with someone who is essentially a stranger right now. Best of luck.