Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bacon Shake

Replies

• dontwantausername1
    dontwantausername1 Posts: 120 Member
    oh that might be good - just as good as fries in a frosty :)
    OMG I love fries in a frosty :)
    I always thought I was the only one!!!

Me too!
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Its not real bacon either.. I would have to find the article but i think it may even be vegetarian (sp?)
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    I heard about this on the radio this morning on the way to work! I was literally gagging trying to imagine what that might taste like. That's just NAAAAASTY!!!! :huh: :sick: :noway:
  • dahvishont02
    dahvishont02 Posts: 50 Member
    Heaven in a cup. I really want one - but I need to loose 40 lbs before June. Aww well, I will live vicariously through you guys.
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Jack in the Box is the closest restaurant to me and I think that sounds delicious. I'm gonna go hop on the treadmill now before I do something rash.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    I am not sure about bacon and ice cream, but I put nutella on bacon, mmm.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    This reminds me of a recipe that a friend gave me for Black Eyed Pea cakes topped with Bacon jelly. Never tried them. The thought makes me shiver. But she said that it was awesome.
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/lifestyle/2012/02/jack-in-the-box-debuts-bacon-milkshake/
    This is not the original thing I read though but it has almost exactly the same information.

its bacon flavoured syrup and a regular-size 16 ounce bacon shake weighs in at a hefty 773 calories and 40 grams of fat, while a 24 ounce large option packs 1,081 calories and 54 grams of fat..
  • sofitheteacup
    sofitheteacup Posts: 396 Member
    Um, guys? It's Jack in the Box. Pretty sure they're the least likely to "get it right". If you want a gourmet frozen bacon dessert, head elsewhere.

Googled reviews, and none of them were positive. General verdict was that it was a dark cream color with a bland, flat taste. When ordered, even employees seemed apologetic about the let down. Then again, I'm not a fan of bacon, so this isn't something I would have ordered myself to begin with.
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Do they have one with turkey bacon and frozen yogurt instead????
  • belindawilli
    belindawilli Posts: 97 Member
    can't imagine it myself!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    Um, guys? It's Jack in the Box. Pretty sure they're the least likely to "get it right". If you want a gourmet frozen bacon dessert, head elsewhere.

Googled reviews, and none of them were positive. General verdict was that it was a dark cream color with a bland, flat taste. When ordered, even employees seemed apologetic about the let down. Then again, I'm not a fan of bacon, so this isn't something I would have ordered myself to begin with.

Admittedly, I have eaten at Jack in the Box a handful of times in my life when visiting family out of state, and I found NOTHING on their menu to be palatable!!
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member

I'm not a fan of bacon ...

this makes even little puppies cry.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member

Admittedly, I have eaten at Jack in the Box a handful of times in my life when visiting family out of state, and I found NOTHING on their menu to be palatable!!

Agreed! I live in Greenville/Spartanburg, SC, and there used to be a Jack In the Box on nearly every corner. I know of at least three that have shut down in the last year, and a few more that are on their way out. I haven't even seen a Jack In the Box commercial in over a year. That tells me the company is in big trouble financially. My guess would be because their food is DISGUSTING!!!
  • chrissym78
    chrissym78 Posts: 628 Member
    Gross!
  • Still, according to the to the Jack in the Box website, a regular-size 16 ounce bacon shake weighs in at a hefty 773 calories and 40 grams of fat, while a 24 ounce large option packs 1,081 calories and 54 grams of fat, nearly an entire day’s allowance.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    oh that might be good - just as good as fries in a frosty :)
    OMG I love fries in a frosty :)

Me too....................salt and sweet...............Mmmmmmmm
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Local lounge had a sign for their bacon beer & a bacon ceasar, I reeaaaaally wanted that bacon ceasar lol.....I think it's a trend. I've seen a bunch of shows about chocolate covered bacon & bacon on ice cream & stuff like that. I'm making my boyfriend chocolate covered bacon for VDay hahahaha
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,794 Member
    *hangs head* I totally want one

Me too! I'm so ashamed.:embarassed:
  • BeLightYear
    BeLightYear Posts: 1,450 Member
    kinda off topic but went to Slaters 50/50 and had one of thier bacon mary's made with bacon vodka. SO GOOD!
    :love: :love: