Options

Replies

• rubybeach
    rubybeach Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    Yay (but use a HRM)
  • csm1342
    Options
    Only if you are sure you are really burning what MFP thinks you are. I have a low heart rate so I dont trust it.
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    YAY
  • cherbapp
    cherbapp Posts: 322
    Options
    My doctor and trainer says nay! I know people who do and are successful and I know folks who don't and aren't. I think it's about finding the right balance for you!

My doc said no also...and I have lost just fine. :)
  • jtoller
    Options
    I do half of them.
  • Bringerofrain
    Bringerofrain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Yay if you're hungry
    Nay if you're not.

Totally agree with ya

I must agree also! :laugh:
  • Bellyroll
    Options
    yay
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    YAYAYAY!
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    Yay if you're hungry
    Nay if you're not.

This, also
    find what works for you everyone has different experiences. It slows my weight loss down terribly, but I get cranky if I don't have a small bit of them so it's a trade off.
  • Generalle
    Generalle Posts: 201 Member
    Options

Oh good, I guess it was worth renewing the domain name for 1 more year :)

bahahahahaha
  • erikblock
    erikblock Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    http://shouldieatmyexercisecalories.com/

Oops, I see that someone already posted it. :)
  • thedrummer1978
    thedrummer1978 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Yay if you're hungry
    Nay if you're not.

I agree! I eat some of my burned calories but not all. Also, if I know I'll be eating out or eating something special, exercising is a great way to do so without feeling guilty.
  • amandaew83
    amandaew83 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Yay BUT keeping a deficit!
    You have to give your body fuel to keep working.

Agree! :happy:
  • 81Katz
    81Katz Posts: 7,074 Member
    Options
    For now, I say YES - eat back some of them ... if you are hungry. Don't eat them just because you have them.

I never thought about eating anything back after burning off the calories. This was before I joined MFP though. While I never entirely eat back all of my calories I have started to eat back some. I was really surprised once I started tracking food and exercise based on the calories they gave me to eat that after working out for the day I had a calorie deficit of anywhere from 700-900 calories. My reaction? WHOA!

I am giving it a go of eating back some of them since I have had a major plateau since the beginning of January. I thought I was eating pretty good, working out like crazy and why I couldn't seem to lose! Now I think I need to feed my body more. I am hoping that's the case.
  • Sji19109
    Options
    Yes but keep a deficit. If you do not eat enough calories and end up having a Net calorie of less than 1200 for the day you will go in starvation mode and gain weight. So eat the cals you burn.
  • lisseth82
    Options
    WELL SAID!
  • neclar
    neclar Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    i'm pretty heavy so i don't eat them back.
    i do agree to eat them if your hungry and if not then don't
  • openskybeach
    openskybeach Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    YAY...... I used to be a nay sayer but as long as your calories are where you need them when you eat them back, you are good! I think it has also made it easier to stick with! :)
  • KATIEDID1960
    Options
    Yay and Nay. I wouldn't make it a habit to eat your calories burned as you won't lose weight. Being aware of what you're eating is the best too.So if you're planning a big night out or you just have to have pancakes one day DO IT and then exercise it off as best you can.
  • Tiggermummy
    Tiggermummy Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    yes