raspberry ketone

Options
Has anyone tired raspberry ketone? Is it really affective?

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Lemme guess, you watch Dr. Oz?

Second question, are you a mouse?
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    A few people have asked this recently. I am curious to know too! But, so far the posts only get a lot of anti-Dr. Oz sentiment and nobody that has actually tried it.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Lemme guess, you watch Dr. Oz?

Second question, are you a mouse?

LOL! Love the mouse question... ;)
  • onedayillbamilf
    onedayillbamilf Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    Oy
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    1. No.
    2. No.
  • seaglass2
    Options
    Sorry but you are giving the Dr. Oz h8ters more fuel for the fire.

If anyone has tried them they probably won't discuss in the forums for fear of getting raked over the coals.
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Who wants some?

popping-popcorn.jpg
  • JinxRita
    JinxRita Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    I think it might be nice to still the comments that are off topic, and answer the question. If you don't have any, there's no need to say anything. :)
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options

If anyone has tried them they probably won't discuss in the forums for fear of getting raked over the coals.

You're right. It's all because we hate...I mean, h8....Dr. Oz. It really has nothing to do with the fact that this *kitten* doesn't work! NOTHING at all!
  • onedayillbamilf
    Options
    Me! Any alcohol to go with it?
    Who wants some?

popping-popcorn.jpg
  • sqrl2826us
    Options
    I'm not a Dr. Oz fan or hater, but I did see this episode yesterday. It was very similar to another show he had a few months back where he pushed Apple Pectin, Grape Seed Extract and Forskolin as fat burners and things that would boost your metabolism and make you feel more full. I did try those consistently for 30-45 days; no effect whatsoever. I have found the flu will make you lose about 6 pounds in 3 days. Nah, all kidding aside, simply keeping under/near my deficit on a "weekly" basis seems to be working really well.
  • killagb
    Options

What a shame, are you really that desperate for a pill solution to something that doesn't require it?
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I wouldn't listen to anything Dr. Oz has to say anymore.

The evidence that raspberry ketones has any effect on weight loss has only been tested on animals with very little to no effect on weight loss at all. Nothing significant. You would have to be taking in a huge amount to see absolutely any effect, and that still has even yet to be tested. Since it has only been tested on mice. Purely anecdotal and another n=1 story that they showed.

Because of lack of clinical data, I wouldn't waste the money
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I dont know why everyone is hating on OZ (hes the doc not these people) lol... yes ive been taking it for a few months not sure if it works but it taks a while... good luck
  • 4hotmama
    4hotmama Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I'm not a Dr. Oz fan or hater, but I did see this episode yesterday. It was very similar to another show he had a few months back where he pushed Apple Pectin, Grape Seed Extract and Forskolin as fat burners and things that would boost your metabolism and make you feel more full. I did try those consistently for 30-45 days; no effect whatsoever. I have found the flu will make you lose about 6 pounds in 3 days. Nah, all kidding aside, simply keeping under/near my deficit on a "weekly" basis seems to be working really well.

I do notice he promotes a helluva alot of supplements- never the same one over again, wonder how much he is getting paid for that.
  • Aap23
    Aap23 Posts: 5
    Options
    I seen a episode because it happened to be on yesterday & I can careless what anyone thinks of him I asked a ?? Not looking for people hating on him or smarta remarks..go start a topic about him else where
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    As with anything else, even if it does work, it wont last. You may lose weight, but unless you eat healthy and exercise, you wont keep it off. It has taken me nearly 3 years to lose all I have lost and in that time I have learned a great deal about "magic bullets" and how they dont work. If you just do it the right way, you will lose weight. It will be slow and agonizing. But you will respect and take pride in your accomplishment and will keep it off.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I dont know why everyone is hating on OZ (hes the doc not these people) lol... yes ive been taking it for a few months not sure if it works but it taks a while... good luck

Having degree does not make a person the be all end all of information. There are a lot of other doctors that flat out disagree with a lot of what Dr. Oz says, so which one is wrong?
    Nor does having a degree mean a person is above endorsing something for reasons other than it works, like money.
  • Marig0ld
    Marig0ld Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    Aren't ketones the stuff that shows up in your pee if you're on a very low carb diet? Is this another pee-drinking diet?
  • killagb
    Options
    I seen a episode because it happened to be on yesterday & I can careless what anyone thinks of him I asked a ?? Not looking for people hating on him or smarta remarks..go start a topic about him else where
    Did you want the honest truth that it's a scam, or are you just looking for people to puff you up with hype and nonsense that it's a great idea and that they have had amazing results? If you want to ignore the fact that this is a TV doctor with a history of pushing completely unneccessary supplements(including HCG) for his own monetary gain, be my guest.