13»

Replies

• aymarie33
    aymarie33 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • debradowling
    Options
    Even my kids love it when I broil it for a few minutes with evoo and garlic salt. They like it if I cook it a little extra so the asparagus get slightly crispy and they eat them up like french fries!
  • dnoeljr
    dnoeljr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can take the asparagus and drizzle a little bit of olive oil, then season with garlic and onion powder with a little salt and pepper. Rub the asparagus to evenly distribute the seasonings. Either broil or BBQ the asparagus to taste. Keep an eye on them as they will cook fairly quickly. Entirely delicious.
  • jcknight82
    jcknight82 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    We eat asparagus quite a bit because of its nutritional value. The way I like it is steamed with some crushed garlic over top, and throw in half a lemon and steam it all together. When its ready squeeze the rest of the lemon out... also works good with spinach and bok choy.... Tip don't over cook your vegetables the more you cook them the more you cook the life and nutrition out of them, leave them a little crisp inside.
  • hkulbacki
    hkulbacki Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    This one is great, cook the asparagus and keep in the fridge to go with dinner or grab as a quick snack...

Ginger Orange Dip w/Asparagus

2 lbs. asparagus
    3/4 C mayonnaise
    3/4 C sour cream
    1 T distilled vinegar
    1 T orange juice
    1 tsp. grated orange zest
    1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
    1 T Dijon-style mustard
    1-1/2 T grated fresh ginger
    1 tsp. soy sauce
    1/2 tsp. sugar
    Salt & pepper, to taste

Directions:

Snap tough ends off asparagus (peel stalks, if you like).

In a large skillet, bring about 1-inch of water to boiling.

Add asparagus and simmer, uncovered, until barely tender, 4-5 minutes at most.

Drain and dunk in ice water until cold; drain, cover and chill until serving.

Meanwhile, combine all remaining ingredients in medium mixing bowl.

Transfer to serving bowl, serve with asparagus spears or cover and chill until serving.
  • Becky1971
    Becky1971 Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    Bump! Just bought some Asparagus for the first time, sounds like some yummy ways to make it!
  • ford8709
    ford8709 Posts: 140
    Options
    Bump
  • bllowry
    bllowry Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I like it with a sprinkle of Herbs deProvence and garlic.