Maybe I'm meant to be fat................

Options

Replies

• Scorpioangel
    Scorpioangel Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    I can relate to your post from friends that I know. I truly wish you the best on your journey! You will reach your goal :-) I know people that eat a heck of a lot cleaner than I do and still can't results anywhere close to mine. I know people that eat a lot of what some would call "junk" foods and got to their goal quicker than I. We are all unique and you will get there girl :) Lots of hugs!
  • GlitterGoldJem
    GlitterGoldJem Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I think you have yourself talked into being "fat" and if your mind is set in stone that you're "fat" then you'll be "fat" forever. You need to realize you're better than what you think you are and if you can accept the challenge to make your already awesome self BETTER then half your battle is over. It sucks losing weight, we can all agree to that but if you want to do it, it'll happen. You're going to have set backs, your going to not want to work out, etc and that's all normal. What you need to do is get a mini goal weight, get to that then maintain for a month or two, if you can then move onto another goal weight, maintain and move forward. If you want it, you can do it, always remember that. Best of luck!
  • mdtoll
    mdtoll Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I know where you are coming from! My whole family is overweight and honestly i don't think ill ever be skinny. Ive tried several different times to diet but i always seem to gain right back to my starting weight but no more. I gave up for a long time thinking "whats the point." Everybody has different body types and classifications of "fat". Truthfully my goal weight is till classified "overweight according to my BMI. Ive lost about 13 lbs since the beginning of January and i hope i can keep it up this time. I wish you all the best and I hope you reach your goal!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Stop eating food that comes out of packages...start there.

Really does it?? HA HA maybe you missed it I clearly said (non processed foods) but I did that for over a year before joining MFP I was not asking for advice from you just had a hard day and felt like writing BUT THANKS you are not one that I was refering too when I said I love MFP
    I was thinking the same thing when I read the first comment! I didn't take your post as a cry for help or that you were looking for opinions, some days you just need to get your feelings off your chest. You want to know if anyone else feels like that some days. Some people need to remember that if you don't have something nice/supportive to say, don't say anything at all.
  • JanieJack
    JanieJack Posts: 3,831 Member
    Options
    i know where you're coming from... when i see these teeny tiny little size 10's and they eat rubbish, barely work up a few beads of perspiration once every six months.

i'm fit, i love vegies, i love fruit etc. i'm short, and i am fat... even when i look at my best, i'm a bit chubby.

i see people who start an exercise regime that consists of a half an hour of walking and they lose weight, yet me, i have to sweat it out. i have to go hard, to the point of my whole body and clothes being drenched with sweat, just in order to keep in shape and stop myself gaining weight.

I'm right there with you! I hate how girls I know start walking a mile every day and the weight falls off (even though they eat out lunch every day) yet I run half marathons to keep my weight steady. Right now I'm discovering that eating out is really the source of my weight gain. Not cool since that's all anyone does around here.

It's not possible for me to get down to a size 0. I looked sickly the one time I had starved myself and got down to an 8. And I has dizzy all the time. But the good news is, even though I won't be a beanpole, I look really good as a size 10. So I'm not going to give up. Becasue I CAN lose weight from where I am now. It will just take owrk. And I've stopped whining about how unfair it is that I can't eat like everyone else. I have to accept that I'm blessed with certain abilities and eating whatever I want *isn't* one of them. But other people can't do math, or they can't comprehend that the meaning of the universe is 42, so I will just keep working with what I've got!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    cop out - typical of new year resolution dieters.
    By mid February, most are looking for reasons to give up.
    Resolve to be different.
    It's your choice.
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Please do not post topics in Motivation and Support and then get irritated when people are trying to motivate you or support you. If you post something with the intent of not getting a response I suggest putting that as the header or the first line of your post because most people don't even read to the third sentence before their brains are already formulating responses...

Go on Chit Chat and Fun... when you post here people are going to respond..

If you just want to "write" and get it off your chest; use the blog function or your own status update.

When you toss your bait into the water that is the internet, you will get sharks.
  • raylenebrooks
    raylenebrooks Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Resolve to be different.
    It's your choice.

I agree once the weight is harder to get off it is easy to give up Yet I wont be :)
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Please do not post topics in Motivation and Support and then get irritated when people are trying to motivate you or support you. If you post something with the intent of not getting a response I suggest putting that as the header or the first line of your post because most people don't even read to the third sentence before their brains are already formulating responses...

Go on Chit Chat and Fun... when you post here people are going to respond..

If you just want to "write" and get it off your chest; use the blog function or your own status update.

When you toss your bait into the water that is the internet, you will get sharks.

Why respond without reading??
    It was meant as motivation and I believe was taken that way for those who have felt the same . Not that I did not want respnoses BUT when I am being attacked for not eating clean (yes I had a lean cuisine that day) because the clean eaters believe their way is the only way then no I wasn't asking you to look at my diary and tell me what I am doing wrong. I will ask that if/when the time comes under General Diet and Weight Loss Help and ask for it .

I think that the poster here was trying to say that since you were just being flippant and not really self-defeating, it would have been advisable to use the fun and chit-chat area instead of the motivational area. People got confused because it seemed like you were reaching out for help, not venting.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Wanna really do the diet I did which did wonders, and could help you and your whole family? is only three days a week!! and you'll lose, guaranteed! but you have to ve very strict on those three days! the other four you can eat whatever you eat on a normal basis, regardless if it's healthy or not, the diet itself has icecream and cheese, and it's done for people with loads of weight that need to lose some urgently before having a heart stroke. British Foundation diet, it does miracles!:D
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    There is no ''fat gene'' just personal accountability.
  • hsmithway
    Options
    I actually had a dietitian tell me "You're doing everything right. I don't know why you're not losing weight. Maybe you should just accept that this is the weight your body wants to be." How's that for dejecting?

There are a lot of things that I do need to accept.

I have learned to accept that it is not going to be easy for me to lose weight.

I accept that my weight loss seems painfully slow at times.

I accept that this is not something I can do for a little while - it has to be a lasting change for lasting results.

But I'm NOT going to accept being obese. And you don't have to either.
  • SeaSiren1
    SeaSiren1 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    My grandma is overweight they say I am built like her
    My dad is overweight I obviously got the fat gene
    My sisters are overweight see it runs in the family

I come from an obese family. It seems you have been on a lot of "diets". It really needs to be a way of life, the rest will follow for you.
  • Karenlavonne1958
    Options
    I have been over weight my whole life. I have had so many days like your having. I feel for you but obviously you are not giving up. You will continue to fight the good fight and there will continue to be some days that are better then others. Give yourself a pat on the back for what you have done. It is a struggle for you and you should be extremely proud of every correct thing you do. You aren't meant to be fat. Neither was I. But I do know I will never be a size 6. But I will never be a size 26 again. I made that promise to myself. Your goals look doable. Pesevere and kick the fat monster in the butt! You can do it. You know you can.
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Know your TDEE, Body fat% and BMR.
    After that weight loss is pretty simple!

Probably a silly question but what's a TDEE?
  • lilchicksta94
    lilchicksta94 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I come from an overweight family and now that I'm losing weight I get a lot of praise but I laughed at one of the comments I got. "You have been branded just like me..." Now that is a total excuse. No one branded me. We have slower metabolism and eat the wrong food. It's a lifestyle change. Anyone can do whatever they want if they set their mind to it. This may sound crazy but I keep visualizing my thin body every day. I think about it constantly, even before bed, I even dream about being thin. It really helps me stay on track :-) We can do this... anyone who wants/needs support feel free to add me!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Resolve to be different.
    It's your choice.

I agree once the weight is harder to get off it is easy to give up Yet I wont be :)
    “Never, never, never, never give up.”
    Winston Churchill

Just KEEP PUNCHING!
  • jesirabbit02
    Options
    Stop eating food that comes out of packages...start there.

agreed. Everyone is not mean to be a twig, and everyone is not meant to be obese. Find your happy medium.
  • fitniknik
    fitniknik Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    If you keep giving yourself excuses you will find a way to continue being fat! Quit the excuses!
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Here's the only really good advice I can offer regarding MFP:

The forums are the wrong place to go to get support. You will get a lot of negativity. You will get "tough love". These 2 things are strikingly similar when they come out in text.

Your Feed is MUCH better for getting support and warm comments. Your blog is for the same type of thing, but for longer posts.

Sorry you're having a bad day. Don't stay fat, though. It's not fun and you know it.