Whats the best compliment you have gotten so far?

Options

Replies

• Scarlett_S
    Scarlett_S Posts: 467 Member
    Options
    Two things come to mind.....someone told me a month or so ago that they couldn't believe I was someone who was once overweight, I looked like a "skinny" person. (In truth, I was overweight for almost twenty years, and I have 10 pounds to lose still.)

Last week, one of the new employees at the gym told the trainer I was "so toned" when I check in at the front desk - that she wanted to buy some sessions so she could look like me!

A year ago, I never would have believed it.
  • AlbertPooHoles
    AlbertPooHoles Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    "My day really isn't complete without your fart jokes." :blushing:
  • trout78
    trout78 Posts: 102
    Options
    I was being hugged by one of my kids and they said "mom, when I hug you I can get my arms all around you and touch my hands!!!" Mind you this was coming from my 8 year old daughter, so for me that was saying alot!
  • nz_deevaa
    nz_deevaa Posts: 12,209 Member
    Options
    A co-worker who'd been in the USA for 8mths walked into the office chatting to my manager, I said hello, and she turned to look at me, and did a double take, stopped in the middle of a sentence and exclaimed "Holy **** you look amazing!".
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    Options
    my ex asked me what program i was doing to look that hot...he wanted to know for his new girlfriend. Lol i do not know if he slept on the sofa that night but it felt great.
  • LauraLovesCamp
    Options
    What an awesome post. I love love the positive. I have heard some nice comments like, you're looking great. I've only lost 4 pounds so far with lots more to go. But I FEEL better. I think that's what's showing.
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I was grabbing a piece of chocolate from our PMS drawer at work, and my coworker said:

"there she goes again, the incredible shrinking woman eats chocolate and is still the smallest one of us"

Felt goooood.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    Someone approached me and asked me if I was a dancer =) It made my day!

Plus, I got to refer them to my Bar Method studio when they asked what I did to look so great if it wasn't dance.

Whooo hooo
  • kcebolsk
    kcebolsk Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    "Your boobs are getting smaller."

I am right there with you!!!! Gone from a large C to a small B:grumble:

Me too!!! My bf teases me all the time about it!!! I used to fill out my shirts and have amazing cleavage, now....not as much. :( Oh well, small price to pay!
  • KatieCuth
    KatieCuth Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My fiance today told me I ran like a rocket this morning... thats the best yet.....

He compliments me every day in every way! so that one I liked alot.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    It's not even compliments I get from people (though I do like being told I'm tiny), but it's the lack of certain reactions that feels much better, like the fact that I can look in a designer store at $500+ dresses and not be glared at by the people working there (also hearing "you're a size 2? Well, that's an extra small in our store" and "No, I'm sorry, we don't really get a lot of size 1s in" doesn't feel bad at all)
  • Levity14
    Levity14 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    A lady from my morning workout class, I don't know her name and she doesn't know mine - but she came up to me after class the other day and said she saw my profile and said I was just cutting in so nicely at the hip and seat!
    Its great she noticed I guess. Makes it feel more worth it to have strangers say something LOL!
    Personally I love my legs and seat -its the belly I need to vanish . . . So that will be the ultimate compliment . the WOW what a nice flat belly you have now! LOL dreams.
  • MrsNoir
    MrsNoir Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Uff difficult one to answer:

Besides of the hubby and female friends of mine.. I got from strangers "I see you recovered your sexy shape very quicly (:" or "That's perfection". On a pic of my body (not naked). :D
  • LFosco
    Options
    I was asked for my ID when ordering a drink in a restaurant last week and the server, host AND owner came to the table to all tell me that I look shockingly good for my age. It made it a GREAT week!:drinker:
  • kandicekaye
    kandicekaye Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    The guy that works at my gym said "Your just withering away... no really i can see it" *smiled*
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    It's not even compliments I get from people (though I do like being told I'm tiny), but it's the lack of certain reactions that feels much better, like the fact that I can look in a designer store at $500+ dresses and not be glared at by the people working there (also hearing "you're a size 2? Well, that's an extra small in our store" and "No, I'm sorry, we don't really get a lot of size 1s in" doesn't feel bad at all)

I hear you, it's nice to walk into clothes stores and not have the women look at you as though you shouldn't be there :)
  • candicebauer
    Options
    I was out with a couple friends at a bar for my friends bday and my friends boyfriend whom I just met that night said to me later that night damn you got some fine legs I can't help but stare and he said I told nicole (his gf/my friend) that I couldn't stop starring at your legs all night! An I was wearing a mini dress that I was rockin by the way!
  • ericabrothers
    Options
    I went to physical therapy about a year ago for an injury from a car accident, I recently went back and saw the same therapist and she was like "wow miss skinny minnie you have lost some weight" and when she was checking the muscle tone in my hips (which was HORRIBLE when I first started physical therapy) she smiled and said "Wow that's great" :smile: :smile:
  • blissfuldrake
    blissfuldrake Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    When my brother saw my new pic on FB and said, "WOW, you're losing weight,"

When my gyno did the Happy Dance as I told her about my new exercise and weight-loss program...
  • scokeslaw
    scokeslaw Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I've had that happen to me before and it did feel great. I wanted to say "see what you messed up" but I didn't...just smiled and happily turned and walked away!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!