If your eating under 1200 (females) or 1600 (males) please r

Options
2»

Replies

• dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'm recovering from an eating disorder and wanted to encourage you all to make sure you are eating enough. I have struggled lately to get enough calories in and started gaining weight, then eating less, gaining more weight. I recently started eating more and lost weight. Amazing how that works but goes to show that starving yourself isn't going to help on the journey to a healthy lifestyle, including long term weight loss. All it does is screw up your metabolism...and life eventually.
  • roro73
    roro73 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I eat 4 to 5 times a day to where I feel full each time yet I'm always under my calories and I feel like I'm stuffing my face. I don't feel starved at all and if I try to eat more I feel like I'm going to throw up. So I'm not sure how I can reach my calorie goal, any suggestions?

Eat more calorie dense natural foods like nuts, avocado, cheese etc. Those will boost you calorie level without filling you to the point of bein sick.
  • dancin2011
    Options
    You can't be happy doing what you are doing either though, you know?
  • Sanvita58
    Sanvita58 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to this as I was on 1200 calorie diet and worked average 200-500 every day and after losing 4 kgs in 3 months I hit plateau and got stuck for 4 months..was very frustrated..worked even harder..but no results..then I ran the report in MFP and realized my net was rarely 1200 and I stalled..I gained weight and then I upped my calories to keep it net to 1400 and I lost some..then again I stalled and friends took a look at the diary and said just being under calorie should not be the goal but we have to watch other components like carb,sodium and sugar...and now I am keeping a watch on them and lost 500gms in 1st week...keeping fingers crossed...wishing you all good luck and happy losing...
  • dancin2011
    Options
    Thanks for sharing. I had less than 500 calories today because I'm going on vacation in 8 weeks. It's really stressing me out but I just don't think there's any way I'd allow myself to be happy/comfortable in my 8-week-ahead-future body if I consumed 1200+ per day. Ugh...

You can't be happy doing what you are doing either though, you know?

Sorry this posted twice...the quote didn't work the first time.
  • skippyninja
    Options
    but the thing is... im not going to eat for the sake of eating... i'll eat 1200-1500ish a day but work off 700-800 each night so my intake is only 700ish a day...

I'm not starving myself at all... 3x protein shakes a day, big bowl of rice and teri chicken for lunch, yogurt, toast, so on so forth,

I'm going to keep an eye on it after seeing this cheers but... i don't come close to my target and its not that much a struggle... would take me more work to hit my target then to be under it.
  • carolsohn
    carolsohn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm not happy /: but you gotta do what you gotta do. You know what?.. tomorrow, I'm gonna have at least 1200 calories and exercise a couple hundred off if need be. I don't want to go into starvation mode and retain (or worse, GAIN) weight.
  • dancin2011
    Options
    In this case, what you 'gotta do' is stay healthy!! You can do this! So proud that you have that goal for tomorrow. =)
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    but the thing is... im not going to eat for the sake of eating... i'll eat 1200-1500ish a day but work off 700-800 each night so my intake is only 700ish a day...

I'm not starving myself at all... 3x protein shakes a day, big bowl of rice and teri chicken for lunch, yogurt, toast, so on so forth,

I'm going to keep an eye on it after seeing this cheers but... i don't come close to my target and its not that much a struggle... would take me more work to hit my target then to be under it.

This is hardly sustainable. I hope you realize this and fix the situation sooner than later. You may not "feel" like you are starving, but you are. Please take care.
  • skippyninja
    Options
    lol.... im not arguing for the sake of arguing... but i have been doing it pretty comfortably with out drama.... usually during the week when i dont go out after work its pretty easy to do it... but even when I go out for dinner I'll be lucky to break the 1100 mark... with a nice big juicy steak or pasta...
  • MaddoxSR
    Options
    I feel guilty for my BMR being so low... It's 1260 so I really try and make myself eat about 1200 calories a day but when I eat healthy, sometimes it's hard. I end up eating unhealthy to get the calories which I know isn't doing my body any good. I only want to lose a couple pounds and tone up more than anything... That's another thing I feel guilty about sometimes, is weighing 95 pounds or so... But it's because I'm short with a petite or medium frame. I'm 4'10".
  • dominarrygel
    Options
    Try to add some yummy healthy foods to take away from the junk food. I love cottage cheese myself:)
  • ironanimal
    ironanimal Posts: 5,922 Member
    Options
    Shameless bump so more people get a read out of this :drinker: