Favorite Condiments?

Options
13»

Replies

• firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    Hot sauce (Of all varieties, but one I do love is the Encona Fiery West Carribean Sauce), chili pickle/garlic chutney, pickled jalapenos, pickled banana peppers. When the occasion warrants, barbeque sauce, mustard, and anything with a nice chipotle taste. Mmmmmmmmmmm. OOH and Coconut Chutney.
  • mrussell1986
    Options
    Sour Cream is GREAT! :)
  • Samanthor
    Samanthor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I LOOOOOOVE salsa and pico de gallo of all varieties! Well, in all fresh varieties--I don't really like the paste-y stuff you buy off the shelf--I look for mine in the fridge near the veggie section. Classic tomato, mango, sweet potato, pineapple....mmm. I put it on sandwiches, burgers, eggs. I even use salsa or pico in place of spaghetti sauce in pasta. Yum yum yum. And just for kicks, I'll group red pepper tapenade in there, too (which I also use sometimes in place of spaghetti sauce).

I'm also really into two Trader Joe's condiments right now--their cilantro salad dressing, which is creamy and flavorful and great to dip veggies in, and only 45 calories per 2 tbsp! And I also like their Gyoza dipping sauce, which is a flavored soy sauce.

And of course Siracha!

And I like my seasonings. Lemon black pepper, curry powder, oregano, cinnamon.

Haha, my first instinct was to come in here and say that I don't use many condiments. I dislike all varieties of mustard and ketchup (incl. tomato paste), I don't dislike syrup but I also don't really use it (my mom haaates it, so I grew up putting other things on waffles/pancakes), and I'm trying to stay away from mayo/ranch...but I actually add quite a bit of flavoring to my food! Just not the kinds of things you find in restaurants, haha.
  • PurpleCoookie
    Options
    mayo and honey mustard. YUM!
  • ImaLadyBiker
    Options
    Frank's Red Hot - Their slogan, "I eat that [bleep] on everything!" Mmmmm... Makes awesome deviled eggs in place of mayonnaise.
  • JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Green Chili Salsa!
  • HorrorChix89
    HorrorChix89 Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Ranch on EVERYTHING!
  • Livinlavidalulu
    Options
    Anything fiery hot...drool
  • sgwatura
    sgwatura Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spicy mustard, Franks Original Red Hot Sauce, Mrs. Dash (original), and.... Nutella!
  • LuckyAng
    LuckyAng Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    Mustard! French's Yellow, and Nathan's Deli Style (OMG)!!! Also black pepper and garlic salt.

And Sriracha and lemon juice (yes, together)
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Horseradish with my vegetables, or chips (fries) with tartare sauce, although I don't get to have the second item that often, most used would be ketchup. Also like to use Colman's mustard powder in recipes more than I bother with real mustard, oooh also love grain mustard.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    Mustard! Gotta have me some mustard - brown, yellow, stone ground......I love them all!
  • ludogx87
    ludogx87 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    jalapenos..... or mayo... or vinegar..... theres to many!!!!!
  • moca015
    moca015 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Mine is Hot Mustard, hot sauce and a new favorite....Creamy Horse Radish
  • maryjay51
    Options
    when i went to fitness camp for a week last year i was quite taken aback that they didnt allow any condiments except franks hot sauce.. no salt on the tables either .. wow i was beside myself !! however i come to realize the amount of calories and sodium that condiments contain.. franks hot sauce has sodium too but apparently they said you dont really use as much of it and the cayenne pepper in it is supposed to have some value with metabolism.. i have no clue if there is any truth to it or not but i did stop the condiments when i left and converted to franks hot sauce.. last week i decided to load up on the old condiments on a turkey burger.. i didnt really care for it like i did in the old days. who wouldve ever thought i wouldnt be fond of ketchup anymore?? i used to put it on practically everything !
  • MILFaspirations
    MILFaspirations Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    franks red hot sauce!

i put that *kitten* on everything!

hahahhaa

also.. whenever a friendly family member goes to the UK and brings me a whole suitcase full of Encona sauce! I want that!!

however, I am almost out of my last bottle, so i'm trying to conserve.

any sweet UK peeps wanna mail me some Encona????????