Ladies.......need some cute workout clothes

Options

Replies

• MotorCityFemmeFatale
    Options
    I have bought from TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the past. I also have clothing from House of pain. And my favorite http://www.sandiegofit.com/images/index.html
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    I like joe browns and simply be catalogue do plus size nike gear x
  • drblythe
    drblythe Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    When I found Lululemon I got super excited, but they were a bit too pricey so I decided to use them as one of my weight loss rewards, when i finished my c25K program I got an AWESOME pair of shorts that I use pretty much everyday so were totally worth the money, lots of money for iPod and keys etc.

everything else i wear to work out is cheaper stuff, as it has to be washed frequently and gets worn out, i don't want anything i'm too attached to.

a good sports bra is worth the money, but not if your size will change dramatically and quickly. then I'd just get a cheap one but replace it more frequently.
  • janalayn
    janalayn Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I wear the Danskin line from Walmart ... not expensive and have held up well enough for me to get the the next size down.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    For sports bras:
    Moving Comfort - LOVE them! You can usually get a good deal on them (much cheaper) at runningwarehouse.com

For tops:
    Lucy - Lord how I love these tops! Super cute, flattering cuts and great designs. Shop the sale section and wait for the extra 25% off sale prices - Lucy.com

For bottoms:
    Lululemon - LOVE their running shorts. They lay flat without that ackward elastic band thing. Expensive, but worth every penny. Lululemon.com
    Target - Love the Champion capris. They're not going to last as long as lululemon, but they're fairly inexpensive (~$20/pair) so they're nice to do Pilates or Yoga in
    Moving Comfort - Some good capri options here as well, check runningwarehouse.com

EDIT NOTE:

Just a side note, for all you ladies about caring for your workout gear. I've found that pre-soaking workout clothes in a little tub of water and sports-detergent (Tide makes a sports/active wear one) really helps keep them from retaining odor as a pre-wash. I just keep the clothes in there until it's time to throw them in the washer.

Also, DO NOT put your elastic workout clothes in the dryer! It wears them down MUCH faster. Try to line or hang dry all sports bras, shorts/capris, tops. This has SAVED me so much money in replacing workout gear.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    I have bought from TJ Maxx and Marshalls in the past. I also have clothing from House of pain. And my favorite http://www.sandiegofit.com/images/index.html

all of my capri pants came from TJ maxx or Marshalls. they have a whole section of tops, bras, pants, and shorts. everything is name brand, but super cheap! very little is over $20.
  • tinalatina
    tinalatina Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    JCPennys actually has some cute workout gear right now! I know! who would've thought! lol

There are some pants that have little pockets with zippers for keys or a little ipod, and there are some sport tanks that also have the same. The online website doesnt do the clothes justice. I went to actual store and I went crazey! Decent prices. Tank $17 and up WorkoutJacket/Sweaters $30 and up and Pants/Yoga pants $25 and up.

Not bad if you ask me.

Enjoy!!!!

P.S. Look for printable coupons online for more discounts!
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Thrift stores! Especially while you are still losing, you probably don't want to spend a bunch of money on gym clothes you will have to replace often. One of my favorite pairs of pants are Adidas capris with pockets I bought at Goodwill for $3. I wear a 2x, and it's hard to find clothes usually, but there is a pretty big selection at most stores. Old Navy is a great place to look because they rotate their clothes out often so you can almost always find something on clearance. And Danskin brand at WalMart is pretty cheap and comes in larger sizes.
  • amuhlou
    amuhlou Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I hit up TJ Maxx & Marshall's. I've gotten 2 tops, some capris, and a sports bra there. It actually got me hooked on under armour stuff .Haven't seen much with pockets, but the inventory always changing. I have yoga pants from Victoria's secret.

I wear under armour sports bras... they have "compression" styles which keep the girls secure.

I need to look at Lululemon, maybe I'll use it as a reward too
  • XXXMinnieXXX
    XXXMinnieXXX Posts: 3,459 Member
    Options
    Wow just been on lululemon, expensive. Maybe something for when your loosing weight a lot slower or at goal. The tamer bra looks great though and isn't unreasonably priced compared to what I usually pay! X
  • shellyrulz
    shellyrulz Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    JCPennys actually has some cute workout gear right now! I know! who would've thought! lol

There are some pants that have little pockets with zippers for keys or a little ipod, and there are some sport tanks that also have the same. The online website doesnt do the clothes justice. I went to actual store and I went crazey! Decent prices. Tank $17 and up WorkoutJacket/Sweaters $30 and up and Pants/Yoga pants $25 and up.

Not bad if you ask me.

Enjoy!!!!

I love JC Penney as well. They are cute and I have a pair of capris that have a zipper pocket on the waistband in the back. Great size to put an ipod or cellphone in.
  • NonnyK
    NonnyK Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Just saw last night some really cute Danskin apparel at Walmart. And the capris had two large pockets in the front, with matching jackets. Very cute!!!!
  • tinalatina
    Options

Not bad if you ask me.

Enjoy!!!!

I love JC Penney as well. They are cute and I have a pair of capris that have a zipper pocket on the waistband in the back. Great size to put an ipod or cellphone in.

I love those too!!! I have the yellow and grey coordinating pair!!!
  • Mommy2boys1girl
    Mommy2boys1girl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Depending on size you need and price point, Wal-Mart carries Danskin in plus sizes. I bought a pair of the capris and really love them. Gonna pick up another pain in a week or so.
  • Perswaysion
    Perswaysion Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    JCPenney, Xersion line! Inexpensive and the fabric is great!

I totally agree. I love this line and the prices/quality are great.
  • dorairwin
    Options
    I love Old Navy :flowerforyou:
  • tinalatina
    Options

Not bad if you ask me.

Enjoy!!!!

I love those too!!! I have the yellow and grey coordinating pair!!!

P.S. JCPenny actually has some sports tanks for like $5 bucks right now if you have heavier bust. Think they had only XL or XXL left!! Seriously $5 Bucks! You cant beat that!!
  • LuaLiz
    LuaLiz Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I love Lulu tops, but only own 2 because they're so $$$$$$

Old Navy as great tops and bottoms --- I have a few of their tanks and a pair of their compression shorts and love them all.

Bras - i have a few older ones from La Senza that hold up well and just bought a Nike one at Winners that I love!

I also got some compresson capris at Winners for a fantastic price and they're great!
  • kendradl
    kendradl Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I have heard that LuLu Lemon is awesome but we don't have a store here but as soon as I get somewhere that has one I am definitely checking it out. Most of my gear is Nike brand though. I love there tops with the extra long sleeves and thumb holes in almost everything. I also have a few pieces that I have bought at our local running speciality store. I love everything that I have and I have fallen in love with workout clothes so anytime I can add a new piece to that wardrobe I definitely do.

Hope you can find some special stuff for you that you love and are comfortable in, I think it makes all the difference in your workouts if you feel good.