Up 3lbs this week....confused????

Options
13»

Replies

• brenteesha
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it... I'm down 5-6 lbs from yesterday! (I know you are only supposed to weigh in once per week, but if I go up it's more of a motivator for me rather than making me feel bad.) Yesterday I walked by the scale after lunch and at least 6 cups of water... whereas today I thought about it at 9am, I had barely started eating my yogurt (first food item today) and drinking water, and had used the bathroom before leaving for work. If my weight fluctuates by 5-6 lbs, I wouldn't worry about 3... especially with such a low calorie goal being met! Don't stress yourself out over the scale... just be happy about the progress you've already made so far (:
  • pudgypie
    pudgypie Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry about it... I'm down 5-6 lbs from yesterday! (I know you are only supposed to weigh in once per week, but if I go up it's more of a motivator for me rather than making me feel bad.) Yesterday I walked by the scale after lunch and at least 6 cups of water... whereas today I thought about it at 9am, I had barely started eating my yogurt (first food item today) and drinking water, and had used the bathroom before leaving for work. If my weight fluctuates by 5-6 lbs, I wouldn't worry about 3... especially with such a low calorie goal being met! Don't stress yourself out over the scale... just be happy about the progress you've already made so far (:

Thanks Brent and to everyone else who took the time to reply. I know I shouldn't feel peeved but I do a little....will continue to keep to my calorie goal and exercise and hopefully it will show on my weekly weigh in next Monday.
  • nyctraveler
    nyctraveler Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Ok, so I shouldn't really swim either. I usually do continous lenghts of the pool for 30 mins when I swim with very little rest, maybe about 1-2 mins over the 30 mins and then head to the steam room for 10 mins. I usually go for a swim to give myself a break from the gym. LOL

Sooooooooo, I shouldn't do any exericse today then???? Do you think that's why I am up 3lbs? I also started week 3 of the C25K yesterday and I am feeling that today!

Should I have a nice big dinner tonight and eat over my 1200 for the day?

you don't necessarily have to stop exercising. Your soreness will eventually go away (whether you rest or keep exercising) - muscles adapt to the regimen eventually etc (this usually takes 3-5 days) and then your muscles will release the water they're holding on to. This happened to me a few weeks ago and I even felt like my skinny jeans were going to bust at the seams and this week they feel loose. stick with it!
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I have noticed, that IF I weigh as soon as I get up in the morning, I weigh more than in I just wait 5 minutes. (I guess it's like when you care a sleeping child to bed, and they call it caring dead weight) So I now get up go to the restroom, brush my teeth, then I go weigh, I will weigh about 1 to 2 pounds lighter in comparison to weighing first thing. I know it sounds strange. But that is how it works with me.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • laddyboy
    laddyboy Posts: 1,565 Member
    Options
    You're probably just putting on muscle :) I'm drinking my shakes, and haven't changed a thing but haven't lost much this week either...but I have been hitting the gym hard too. I must take my measurements very soon...probably lost inches. I feel great though and my pants yesterday seemed looser! Keep it up, you're doing great!

Even body builder don't gain muscle that fast. IT's water.
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Nope, just finished my period last week, that's why I can't understand it. It's not the end of the world, I know, but 3lbs is a lot to put up in a couple of days!!!! :angry:

I did that this week (up 3 lbs), cause i changed my diet a little, but I am back down again, try giving yourself a rest day to let your muscles heal that will help also, or if it is TOM then ignore it, I gain 5 lbs just before that sometimes
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    with the diary private its anyones guess but u can gain with TOM ...but it comes off before the next weigh in so just log the gain and log again when the next time comes around it should show a significant loss
  • GardenKat99
    Options
    Muscle weighs more than fat, but takes up less space thus measurements other than the scale tend to be more accurate. Muscle also carries water, so if you are building muscle you've got the added padding of fibrous tissue AND water. All great things to have to protect your bone and cardiovascular health.

Keep up the great work!
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Open the diary

Oh God Dan, I didn't think you'd be popping by! :blushing: I've afraid you might end up lecturing me. :ohwell:

Rofl. At least he fights the food fight.

*thumbs up and a wink*

Its not a lecture really.
    Just keep in mind that the average woman 5'3" should be eating 1600-1800 calories a day when working out 3 times a week or more.
    You wont lose weight if you dont eat correctly.

Dan....I am 5.6 and am staying in around 1200 odd calories a day and exercising 6 days a week (7 if I can). I haven't plateaued (yet) and hope I don't so do you think I should up my calorie intake?

At your height absolutely.
    Lean mass is precious and you will lose lean mass at 1200. hit the 1600-1800 range and eat well!
  • hellraisedfire
    hellraisedfire Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    has your scale moved at all? when mine moves a few inches over on the floor, I weight almost 3lbs more! :grumble:
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I have put on 3 lbs this week also, but I'm really not worried about it, because I know for sure that I haven't gone over my calories at all and it will balance out in a couple of days.