Cauliflower pizza crust

Options

Replies

• karenhs2
    karenhs2 Posts: 197
    Options
    I love cauliflower and I love pizza so I can imagine liking this no matter how it turns out exactly.

I have used pureed cauliflower in mashed potatoes and mac&cheese but never this - thanks!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Be careful when you grate it... cauliflower chunks ricochet everywhere! Wheee!!

My calorie count (which depends on whether or not you use eggwhite/eggs and which cheese you use) was around 1000 calories for the whole crust.

I gotta be honest, it's not pizza dough, but it really pleasantly surprised me!

I ran it thru the recipe maker on MFP and I got 590 calories which incl 1 tbs Olive Oil. That is strange, I think it must have to do with the cheese portion. ** And I didnt use any sauce.
    Still it sounds good!

Oh (DUURRRR) I forgot to say I doubled it for a medium sized pizza. So yes, you're correct. Whoops!
  • meshellejean
    Options
    sounds delish.. have to try it...
    thanks!
  • ArroganceInStep
    ArroganceInStep Posts: 6,239 Member
    Options
    You can rice it a lot faster if you use a blender. Just pulse it until it gets ground up fine enough. Food processor is obviously better, but I'm much too lazy to use a grater and I don't have a food processor.

The other thing I did is reduced the amount of mozzerella (I used about 1/2 a cup for each crust) and added some extra oregano that I sprinkled over top once I made the crust. Worked just as well for me but I did have to bake it a bit longer so it wouldn't fall apart.
  • Sabresgal63
    Sabresgal63 Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Does it hold together like pizza crust when you eat it or do you have to use a fork?
  • lauragoat
    lauragoat Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    bump
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    bump... will try this later. thanks.
  • GingerDarlene
    Options
    bump
  • theginnyray
    theginnyray Posts: 208 Member
    Options

My calorie count (which depends on whether or not you use eggwhite/eggs and which cheese you use) was around 1000 calories for the whole crust.

How in the world did you get 1000 calories???

I made this the other day, with a slightly altered recipe (less cheese more cauliflower in the crust) and came to less than 400 cals for the entire pizza. And I used a full egg...
    Maybe 1000 is a typo?
  • ryvenna
    ryvenna Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    bump! intriguing... :]
  • Bean615
    Bean615 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bayertablets
    bayertablets Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • sammielealea
    sammielealea Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Thanks . . . Gonna have to try!
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options

How in the world did you get 1000 calories???

I made this the other day, with a slightly altered recipe (less cheese more cauliflower in the crust) and came to less than 400 cals for the entire pizza. And I used a full egg...
    Maybe 1000 is a typo?

As I said on the first page, I forgot to add that I doubled the recipe to make a medium sized pizza. My bad!
  • lk27
    lk27 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I made cauliflower pizza the other day. 2 cups of cauliflower made a HUGE pizza crust. It took up my enitre pizza stone. I didn't use the cheese in the crust. Only cauliflower and egg whites (for less calories). I had to eat my pizza with a fork, but it tasted JUST like pizza. I was amazed. I could only eat about 1/2. My entire pizza came out to less than 400 calories. Great way to have guiltless pizza!!
  • angellady0206
    angellady0206 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Tuffjourney
    Options
    I made cauliflower pizza the other day. 2 cups of cauliflower made a HUGE pizza crust. It took up my enitre pizza stone. I didn't use the cheese in the crust. Only cauliflower and egg whites (for less calories). I had to eat my pizza with a fork, but it tasted JUST like pizza. I was amazed. I could only eat about 1/2. My entire pizza came out to less than 400 calories. Great way to have guiltless pizza!!

Ya, I think it could be done without a whole cup of cheese and still taste yummy.
  • Molissa08
    Molissa08 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Wow, I'll have to give this a try.
  • tay_mclean
    tay_mclean Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    bump
  • gmarie221
    Options
    Can't wait to try this...thanks for sharing recipe :D