Protein Bars

Options
I'm looking to supplement my protein intake a little. Anyone have some good sugestions are which protein bars are good and which to avoid? Thanks!

Replies

• cacrat
    cacrat Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I use Quest Protein bars. Lots of fiber, very little net carbs.
  • issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I look for whole grains, high fiber and low sugar--Kashi Trail Mix bars, South Beach Bars. and Snack Wells (these are the same as the old South Beach cereal bars).
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

^^^Only bars i've seen that aren't full of processed garbage

They taste great after 10 seconds in the microwave
  • duanechez
    Options
    i like the think thin bars - no sugar, 20 g. protien, 230 cals
  • frosty73
    frosty73 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I like the Zone Perfect bars, they do have 200 calories but taste good IMHO and roughly 14 g. protein.
    I've tried the FullBars and they are nasty, nasty-tasting.
  • paeli
    paeli Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Any homemade protein bar recipes? :)
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I like the Zone Perfect bars, they do have 200 calories but taste good IMHO and roughly 14 g. protein.
    I've tried the FullBars and they are nasty, nasty-tasting.

I LOVE the Zone Perfect bars. I eat them almost everyday. Chocolate peanut butter are my favorite.

ETA: Zone bars are also CHEAP. $4.30 (appx) for 6.
  • JohnnyResets
    JohnnyResets Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I like the NoGii all natural protein bars. 30 G of protein. 390 calories though. They're gluten free too.

http://www.nogii.com/
  • KelliB25
    Options
    I like thinkThin Chunky Peanut Butter bars. They are gluten free and have no sugar and have 20 grams of protien!!!
  • Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options

I've never heard of Quest before. Do they sell them in stores or do you have to order them online?
  • savlyon
    savlyon Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Any homemade protein bar recipes? :)

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/bbinfo.php?page=Recipes

There are several listed on this page, just scroll through.
  • bfrederick3015
    bfrederick3015 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Kashi Roll Bars and Zone Perfect.
  • crdav13
    crdav13 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Think Thin - I've tried all the flavors and White Chocolate is my favorite!
  • rides4sanity
    rides4sanity Posts: 1,269 Member
    Options
    I like thinkThin Chunky Peanut Butter bars. They are gluten free and have no sugar and have 20 grams of protien!!!

Where do you get those?
  • Kathleen_Hays
    Options
    I eat the Pure Protein High Protein Bars. They have several different flavors, and have 20g of protein, 0g trans fat, and only 2g of sugar. They really keep me going between meals.
  • slbeutler
    Options
    I agree with Quest bars or I also use p90x bars when I am in a bind. I find that the other bars on the market make my stomach very upset because of the sugar alcohols they contain. The quest bars are low carb and very little sugar alcohol. p90x bars also do not have any artificial things, but are higher in calories and sugar, so I just eat half at a time. You can sign up to get 2 free samples of quest bars on their website, it will take about 5 weeks for them to come.
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I love Think Thin bars too. White chocolate and creamy peanut butter are my faves.
  • amandavictoria80
    amandavictoria80 Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    I have Pure Protein Chocolate Bars. They are very rich tasting. Can't eat them without some water. LOL

Another way, possibly easier, to supplement your protein is with protein shakes. I prefer this method better.

But I must warn you (and everyone), that the 'Jillian Michael Protein Powder' is not good at all. It actually taste a lot like baby formula. So you can't really add this one to baking or smoothies. Yuck, it just destroys smoothies. :)

I just bought PowerBar Protein Plus Powder and it is pretty yummy. I'll definitely be able to add it to my smoothies without compromising the taste.

Hope this helps! :)
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options

I've never heard of Quest before. Do they sell them in stores or do you have to order them online?

Online only: http://www.questproteinbar.com/
  • Time2Thrive
    Time2Thrive Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Visalus Nutri Cookie are great! 9 g of protein, 2.2 servings of fruit & vegetables, and 5 g of fiber.