Exercising Drunk?

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    This is probably a dumb question, but I just had a semi-strong drink, a little tipsy, and I'm getting the "drunk munchies". I'm only going to allow this if I work out because I'm already over my limit by 48. Is it bad to exercise tipsy/drunk? I honestly get a bit more energy this way...

48 over calorie limit or TDEE?
    Calorie limit...her diary is open. Clearly she could skip the exercise and eat and just call it a bust on today's deficit.

AH! Well 48 over cal limit is still waaaaaaaayyyyyy below TDEE so rest easy my friend!
    Especially if she's at 2lbs/week! That's another 1000 cals....and if only 1lb/wk still have 500 cals to work with before you're in a calorie excess situation.
  • david581c
    Options
    Dont do it.

Trust me, im a pro.
    I used to drink liquor all day, not that long ago, and feel guilty so id show up to the gym trashed, I was a wreck, i though i was mega badass but i was just bein a mega dumbass.

Def not a good idea, u could really hurt yourself.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I would just drink water and go to bed since you're already over your calories. I know I'm worthless at working out when I had a drink or Meds that make me tired.
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I dance for hours in a club while drinking, I don't think it's such a bad idea, but itmight make you feel more drunk for a little while. You could be sick if you jump around too much. I would still do it...
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    If you've had enough to drink that you're tipsy, your judgement is impaired. I wouldn't exercise with any equipment, or very strenuously because you could easily be injured.
  • melrose09
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I'm usually :smokin: baked :smokin: for my treadmill runs :drinker:

OMG I could never! I'm already paranoid that I'm going to fall off! HAHAHAHA
  • MechanicalKid1
    Options
    Honestly, I'd say do what you must. :P
    When I'm drunk, I WILL run.
    I don't care where I am.
    I just feel like running.
    Just be careful and safe as possible and you'll be fine.
  • krisntraining
    krisntraining Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Ha!!!!! I just did wii zumba. And I'm drunker than s skunk.

This made me giggle :)
  • Natihilator
    Natihilator Posts: 1,778 Member
    Options
    I have a crazy friend that would head to 24 hour fitness at 3 in the morning after we had a night out drinking.

It worked for him but I wouldn't try it!
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    One of my best runs ever was about 30 minutes after I ate a steak burrito from the taco truck and drank two Red Hook Wits.
  • cindy4mica
    cindy4mica Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I think I would vom. good luck :)

Yep, yep!
  • skygoddess86
    skygoddess86 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    Just do it. And post pics. LOL!
  • divamsm
    divamsm Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I love to do yoga with a buzz. It's better somehow.
  • realrayne10
    realrayne10 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I dont know about exercising drunk, but I ran a 5k hungover a couple weeks ago.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    I worked out after one drink earlier in the night once and definitely regretted it.

I definitely wasn't drunk, but definitely felt sick afterwards. Never doing that again.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    If it's any consolation, I'm usually :smokin: baked :smokin: for my treadmill runs :drinker:

Haven't fell off yet! And it's been plenty of times :bigsmile:
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options
    Ha!!!!! I just did wii zumba. And I'm drunker than s skunk.

thats funny...:laugh:
  • swimmchick87
    swimmchick87 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I dance for hours in a club while drinking, I don't think it's such a bad idea, but itmight make you feel more drunk for a little while. You could be sick if you jump around too much. I would still do it...

Haha, that's what I was just going to say! I wouldn't recommend working out with weights or other equipment, but something aerobic you can just do would be totally fine. I no longer feel guilty about how many drinks I have on club nights anymore thanks to MFP, because after I log how many hours I danced I realized I burn waaay more than I drink!
  • brookepenni
    brookepenni Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Ive done a pump class after a glass or two of wine - Ive done it a couple of times actually... Although I always enjoy pump - I did giggle alot more than normal!!! You could say I had more fun!!! Ive also played netball (similar to basketball for those without this sport!) after a few beers - and I was invincible - making huge leaps for the ball, much braver than normal!!

I see no problem in it :drinker:
  • lisa28115
    lisa28115 Posts: 17,271 Member
    Options

me to MELROSE... i am off balance without drinking!!!:bigsmile: