Massive stomach pains!

Options
13»

Replies

• issyfit
    issyfit Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    I'm not familiar with some of the things in your diary. If any of them are high in sugar alcohols that could cause intestinal pains.
  • jenlee_74
    Options
    Do you still have your Gal bladder? I would go see doc for sure! You don't want to mess around with "pains you can not explain"-

This sounds to me like gall bladder possibly. I had mine removed after becoming very ill. I had waves of pain in my lower right abdomen that would knock me out of breath. The doctor at the ER told me nothing was wrong and prescribed pain medication. When I went back after 5 days my gall bladder had literally turned black and died and I was septic. Check out an achy pains you have and don't settle for 'nothing is wrong' if you know it is. Not that I want to scare you about your gall bladder that may not even be that. Just don't ignore pains :) Good luck!
  • Anastacia1119
    Anastacia1119 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I would def go to the doctor. My husband had the same type of thing happen to him and it turned out to be his appendix exploding. (Not to say that is what is happening to you). Also, I would try switching up your diet from day to day. Eating the same type of foods everyday is boring! haha Your body needs some excitement and to be surprised. Just as you need to change up your workout routines. If you do the same routines over and over, your body expects it and makes it harder for you to lose weight/build muscle/etc.

But in all seriousness, I would go to the ER. Pains like that, even if they come and go, are not something to mess with. :)
  • jill4559
    Options
    With the change in my diet, eating more veges and fruits, I had radiating pains from stomach, up rib cage, in shoulder blades. it would come in waves and move around to different areas, sometimes lasting a couple hours. Went to doctor - embarrassingly enough - it turned out to be trapped gas.

There are many things something like that could be, getting the advice of a doctor is always the best bet.
  • SyntonicGarden
    SyntonicGarden Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    I'm not a doctor or a nutritionist.

The one thing that I did notice is that with the exception of breakfast, your meals all seem to contain wheat (I'm guessing the fish fingers are breaded). Maybe consider not eating the wheat for a a few days and see how you fair? Have you noticed a time in the day when the pains are stronger? Some people have wheat and oat sensitivities...
  • Mom0fTwo
    Mom0fTwo Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Check with your doctor, but if you only just started eating vegetables that frequently, it could take your body a couple of days to adjust.

It is healthy to eat vegetables, but I have experienced some stomach pains when I eat larger portions of vegetables after a long period without.

could be this^^
    Cause I recently introduced spinach into my diet and there was this one day where I swear I had indigestion or something painful happening but after having it for about 5 days I have been fine, but if it doesn't go away in a couple of days then go to your doctor
  • peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    That was happening to me, and I don't have my gallbladder or my appendix. I went to the dr and found out I have celiac's diseases little cousin called Non-Celiacs Disease Gluten Intolerance. But, me being a nurse, I would tell you to get to the dr and make sure that it isn't your gallbladder or your appendix. Because if it is, and one of them rupture, you are 95% a dead man. So go to the dr, and make sure you don't have a serious problem that could potentially kill you.
  • melonsss
    melonsss Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Seek medical advice, I think NHS 24 is a free phone call and i am sure someone would let you use their phone.If all ok,and does not require immediate medical advise tonight you can obtain an emergency GP appointment or consult with a triage nurse tomorrow morning. If not a specific medical probelm ask for nutrional advise/allergy testing, blood testing etc. I am also experiencing a lot of pain at present but i know it is a change in eating habits. You however seem to be really concerned and maybe you need to go to A&E if you are unable to discuss with NHS 24. . Let us know the outcome. Look after yourself .
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Update 3

Just saw the doc and it is a bacterial thing!

I need to provide a stool sample for analysis
  • Cross_fitter
    Options
    I cant see any foods in your diet that can cause stomach cramp other than almonds...they don't always but can sometimes if you suffer from IBS???
    Otherwise, I agree - see your Dr!!
  • MattGetsMad
    MattGetsMad Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Update 3

Glad you went.
  • paleojamie
    Options
    Update 3

Glad you went.

gave me a prescription but it costs too much and plus there are some very very negative things said about this particular drug