Over fifty and fabulous :)

Options

Replies

• SUPERSUE42
    SUPERSUE42 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Turned 50 last weekend. Have a teen and a hubby, full time job and part time job and am making life changes this year. Welcome! Always looking for supportive friends. I am not always available and don't expect that my friends will be ever-present..just hop I hav enuf friends to fill in gaps
  • DanaLow
    DanaLow Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hello folks,
    Just turned the big 50 last week. I wanted to get back to the program since I have not been here since before Christmas.
    Kinda been being bad.
    I am back now and am continuing on my quest to loose wight and keep it off.
    I would like a few pals to work with and to help keep each other on track.
    HAVE A GREAT DAY!:happy:
  • suelegal
    suelegal Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    I love these over 50 threads! We're all so young at heart! I'm going to be 60 (um... how did that happen?) in April, though I feel 25 years youngers than that. I'm done with the meno/permeno etc., but am certainly happy to share my experiences with that whole process! Glad to be here!
  • fitterandfabulouser
    Options
    Fitn50, how do I join this group?
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    At the Community Tab, click on Groups. Then do type in the "Find a Group" box "Women of a Certain Age". Click on the green "Join Group" button, and you're in. Welcome! These ladies are terrific, so please be sure to send out some friend requests.

Sorry I didn't answer yesterday, I wasn't on after the morning.
  • fitterandfabulouser
    Options
    I did what you said and the search revealed nothing. :ohwell:
  • marsellient
    marsellient Posts: 591 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm 55, just joined a couple of weeks ago, and love the tracking here. Click groups and search for "Women of a Certain Age", then join.
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I am 56, hopefully past menopause, and I am just tired of the extra weight. Don't have alot to lose but it is extra pounds all the same....
  • RamblinRose1962
    RamblinRose1962 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 and could use support. Not a self motivator. Would love to have others to keep in touch with! :bigsmile:
  • FitN50s
    FitN50s Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I sent you an invitation to join the group. I didn't realize I could do that, or I would have done it sooner.:flowerforyou:
  • kathleen2001
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I am 49 and trying to lose 30 lbs. I have 2 young boys to keep up with, so I need more energy. Feel free to friend me, any of you on this thread. I love having supportive friends for accountability!
  • gaylelynnbell
    gaylelynnbell Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Hi Pauline! I am 58 and halfway to my goal. I will send a friend request to you. I have quite a few MFP friends 'of a certain age'...lol!
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I'm 58...and getting more fabulous all the time! Would be delighted to have more fabulous friends!
  • JuJu2976
    Options
    Hi, I'm not fifty, but I would love to be your friend and do this together:)
  • gonecountry1981
    Options
    Hello, I will be 50 in July and hoping I can lose some weight. So far I have lost and gained and am about the same weight I started with but I will keep tracking and trying.
  • pawbabies
    pawbabies Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Over fifty and I love this site for all the support and friendships. We do have our challenges, slowing metabolism and menopause. But we can get though it all with support. Please send me a friend request!
  • jan115
    jan115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am 57, well past menopause (which left me this ugly belly fat and weight gain, by the way). I've lost 16 pounds since I started this in November and the support of both others on this site and my family have been a huge factor! I'd love to friend any or all of you so we can travel this long road together. Send me your friend or group invites!
  • meixey
    Options
    Hi Pauline! I am over 50 and I can so understand the battle we face. I struggle so hard. Glad to be your friend! And yes menopause makes it even harder!! :) Mary

2549623.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • dafoots0911
    dafoots0911 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm 53 today and yes, I know what you mean by hotflashes. I hit menopause at 50 and don't know how long these hotflashes will last. So please add me.
  • auggie1doggie
    Options
    Welcome. I just started here yesterday. Of course it isn't my first time at trying to lose weight. I turned 51 in December. Time to get back on track. I lost 35 pounds in 2009 and slowly gaining back so must stop it now before it gets out of control. I never did lose to where I wanted to be so I am shooting for 15 lbs. We can do it!