the best crockpot recipe I've EVER made

Options

Replies

• MissM929
    MissM929 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It sounds delightful and I can't wait to try it _ thank you for sharing! :smile:
  • jerrytball
    Options
    Posted this on another post that looks as if got locked, so I'll share my recipe too here......

Vegetable Beef Soup

I have no real set measures....but this was made after realizing we were eating way too much Sodium, so this is a good source of protien w/o a lot of fat, carbs, nutrients.

London Broil 2 to 3 Lbs cut into 1/2 " peices, sautee in skillet with Olive oil., and small amount Balsamic Vinegar...grab like 4 different Ms. Dash's , Pepper , few crushed red peppers, Garlic, fresh or powered and lay it on LOL...sear all that meat until almost well done...dump into your Crock Pot..turn pot all way up....add hot water to the pan you seared in too capture all that flavor, about 2 Cup of water...pour that on Meat in Crock Pot.

Next I put 2 cans of No Salt Fire roasted diced tomatoes, hardly any sodium in them was real surprised, I think made by Muellers, something like that...then chopped fresh Cabbage, frozen Lima Beans, frozen Corn, Frozen Peas, fresh Carrots, Onions, fresh white potatoes 1/2" chunks, Celery, and cook the devil out of it. Not salty so if you like that, add some, the juices it produces is just right for the soup. Oh yes about 200 Cals
  • kerriBB37
    kerriBB37 Posts: 967 Member
    Options
    Posted this on another post that looks as if got locked, so I'll share my recipe too here......

Vegetable Beef Soup

I have no real set measures....but this was made after realizing we were eating way too much Sodium, so this is a good source of protien w/o a lot of fat, carbs, nutrients.

London Broil 2 to 3 Lbs cut into 1/2 " peices, sautee in skillet with Olive oil., and small amount Balsamic Vinegar...grab like 4 different Ms. Dash's , Pepper , few crushed red peppers, Garlic, fresh or powered and lay it on LOL...sear all that meat until almost well done...dump into your Crock Pot..turn pot all way up....add hot water to the pan you seared in too capture all that flavor, about 2 Cup of water...pour that on Meat in Crock Pot.

Next I put 2 cans of No Salt Fire roasted diced tomatoes, hardly any sodium in them was real surprised, I think made by Muellers, something like that...then chopped fresh Cabbage, frozen Lima Beans, frozen Corn, Frozen Peas, fresh Carrots, Onions, fresh white potatoes 1/2" chunks, Celery, and cook the devil out of it. Not salty so if you like that, add some, the juices it produces is just right for the soup. Oh yes about 200 Cals

thanks!!!!!
  • jen101383
    jen101383 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • brandysilvers
    brandysilvers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    yummo
  • cariliz
    Options
    bump
  • MissB0949
    MissB0949 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    bump
  • lfunchess
    Options
    Thanks, Its going to be cold this weekend. I'm making this tonight vs my regular chili I always make.
  • inittothinit42
    inittothinit42 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    bump! Thanks for posting this!.
  • cspence2270
    cspence2270 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    SOUNDS YUMMY!!!!!
  • JennS19
    JennS19 Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    I love you Kerri!! Thanks for posting this. I'll probably take out the beans since hubby and I don't like them. Thanks so much!
  • lucasnjewels
    lucasnjewels Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ccbing
    ccbing Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    mmm. gonna print
  • crystalgoede
    Options
    :smile:
  • Takes2long
    Takes2long Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Copying it now. Sounds gooooood! Thanks :-)
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Thanks! Sounds yummy!
  • Angie_Van
    Angie_Van Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • cr21
    cr21 Posts: 22
    Options
    bump