Replies

• blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    HI all!

My laptop is broken :sad:

So I can only come online at work :blushing:

Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing...:flowerforyou:

I've gained this week and I'm not happy with myself...i know i've let my eating and exercise plan go down the toilet lately.....summer is SOOO tempting with all the bbq's and patios.....

SHAME ON ME.

31345.png[/url]
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    So I want to join this "group" because I am a lovely 6'0-6'1. People comment constantly. Unfortunately, I did not get the tall -n- lanky model genes hah

Yay! Always great to have support from other "amazons!":happy:

Looks like we have the same amount to lose! I'm definitely striving for the "lanky-look," but even even gangly would be okay with me at this point! :laugh:

I kind of like being curvy, my friend calls it "statuesque." :laugh:

LOL that's a good one!!
  • KimberlyKurtz
    Options
    HI all!

My laptop is broken :sad:

So I can only come online at work :blushing:

Just wanted to say hi and see how everyone is doing...:flowerforyou:

I've gained this week and I'm not happy with myself...i know i've let my eating and exercise plan go down the toilet lately.....summer is SOOO tempting with all the bbq's and patios.....

SHAME ON ME.

31345.png[/url]

Hang in there I have two graduation party this weekend! I hate summer for this reason too many tempations. Sorry about the lap top breaking. I am very addicted to adding everything into this site.
    I was having a bad week too because the scale keeps going up and down it won't get past one number and it's driving me nuts! I keep being postive about it since people keep telling me how great am looking so I keep that in my mind however the my scale my ememy!!
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have a question for you all and please don't get mad at me. I'm getting kind of worried that I may be loosing weight too quickly. I've lost 10lb in less than 2 months and 5 of that in the last 2 weeks. I know quick weight loss is normal in the beginning but I've been doing with a while and I'm at a healthy weight. I eat plently (generally about 1750/cals). I do strength training 30min/5xweek and cardio when I can (lately 2-3x/week) for about 30min. Do you think I should be worried or am i just over analyzing??
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Ok, I have a question for you all and please don't get mad at me. I'm getting kind of worried that I may be loosing weight too quickly. I've lost 10lb in less than 2 months and 5 of that in the last 2 weeks. I know quick weight loss is normal in the beginning but I've been doing with a while and I'm at a healthy weight. I eat plently (generally about 1750/cals). I do strength training 30min/5xweek and cardio when I can (lately 2-3x/week) for about 30min. Do you think I should be worried or am i just over analyzing??

How do you feel? Do you have enough energy? I think if your body feels allright, than it may just be re-adjusting. I lose weight all at once like that, and then stay there for a while. I guess it evens out when you average it all together. However, obviously I'm not an expert!:tongue: Just observations from my own body! By the way, congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Hi All.....haven't been around this thread lately, thought I'd jump in and share something that made me excited yesterday. So have I these jeans that I've been wearing since I've started watching what I eat. Yes, they were tight then, but I'd come to decide that they were the Amazing Shrinking Jeans. I mean, I've lost 22 lbs, but they still fit! WTH??? So I have them on at work yesterday, and I'm walking out of a coworkers office and I realized that I had to hike them up as I was walking back to my office, and the butt felt baggy! YEA! Maybe I might just shrink out of them yet! :laugh: :laugh:

The good news is that I haven't had to spend any money on smaller jeans. I now plan on wearing these until they do fall off!

Hope everyone is doing well..
  • blueyed_blond
    blueyed_blond Posts: 156 Member
    Options

How do you feel? Do you have enough energy? I think if your body feels allright, than it may just be re-adjusting. I lose weight all at once like that, and then stay there for a while. I guess it evens out when you average it all together. However, obviously I'm not an expert!:tongue: Just observations from my own body! By the way, congratulations!!!:flowerforyou:

I agree...ask yourself how you're feeling...if you have energy and feel good than you're fine..I would be worried if you lost 10 lbs + in two weeks, but over two months seems fine...maybe you were holding onto some water weight and its coming off now or something......

:flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I agree...ask yourself how you're feeling...if you have energy and feel good than you're fine..I would be worried if you lost 10 lbs + in two weeks, but over two months seems fine...maybe you were holding onto some water weight and its coming off now or something......

:flowerforyou:

You both are probably right. I feel fine. I'm tired but that has more to do with not sleeping (I :heart: work and school :tongue: ). Thanks for calming my worrying mind! :flowerforyou:
  • Channing
    Options
    Just stopping by to keep the Amazon thread alive!!!! :tongue:

I've been out of town the last few days, visiting home in the NC mountains, and managed to run and hike every day!
    The BF and I went on a long run every morning that when we mapped found out was 4 miles. Then later went on hikes with the fam. Averaged about 10 miles a day!!! And it was great just to be outside in the beautiful mountains that I miss!:cry:
    I was more relaxed with my eating habits, but hopefully it all evened out since I was burning about 1000 extra calories a day.

:flowerforyou: Hope all you lovely ladies are having a great first week of Summer! :glasses:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Ah! Our thread is dying! NOOOO! :tongue:

So I am considering buying a pilates/yoga video. Do any of you know of a good one??
  • Channing
    Options

So I am considering buying a pilates/yoga video. Do any of you know of a good one??

I have the Biggest Loser weight loss yoga video and I really like it. I feel like it works flexability as well as tones. It's not traditional yoga since it's geared more toward weight loss, but that's what I wanted!:happy:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options

I have the Biggest Loser weight loss yoga video and I really like it. I feel like it works flexability as well as tones. It's not traditional yoga since it's geared more toward weight loss, but that's what I wanted!:happy:

Good to know. I have one but it's very "breathe, focus on your chi and let you spirit soar" and that is a little too spiritual for 430a. My last strengthening routine was yoga based. I boyfriend was appalled that I like to listen to rock while I did it. Again, 430a. A time at which the last thing I need is relaxation.:bigsmile:

Thanks for the tip! :flowerforyou:
  • JoyousMaximus
    Options
    Crap. It double posted. :grumble:
  • Channing
    Options
    So... I'm heading to the beach tonight after work and am so excited, obviously, but I always get a little nervous too! I really don't want to undo any of the hard work I've done, but I'll definitely be eating differently than my usual routine.:drinker: But, my BF and I have decided to go running on the beach every morning, so that will help.

Also... the bikini always is a little nerve racking! I feel all right in it when I put it on at home but when compared to all these itty bitty little girls at the beach it makes me self conscious! :blushing:

Since I'm tall, my body parts are bigger, and it's hard not to compare myself to the 5'3" girls even if proportionally we're about the same!

Anyway, I thought maybe you ladies would understand. Cheers, and have a wonderful 4th of July!!!:flowerforyou: :heart: :flowerforyou:
  • jenane
    jenane Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Oh I feel exactly the same. They always seem smaller just because they are always going to be "smaller" because they are shorter.