This is what happens when you eat processed foods...

Options

Replies

• killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Except this doesn't work when the majority of the population is incapable of eating in moderation.
    The point being....there's nothing wrong with sugar or refined carbs in and of themselves. This point has nothing to do with people's behavioral problems. Go ahead though, I'm sure you want to get the last word in, even if it's obtuse and dodging the real issue at hand.
  • promise4life
    Options
    Hehehe :)
  • exacerbe
    exacerbe Posts: 447 Member
    Options

I agree -- I wasn't posting this as a "DON'T EAT PROCESSED FOODS" fear-mongering post. I love a good sandwich from Chick-Fil-A as much as anyone else. More-so, I just found it interesting regarding the time it takes stomach acid to break the food down.

I'm a firm believer in moderation. But I do believe that a lot of processed food is not healthy -- mostly because it's full of sodium, sugar, and fat.

Just a side note, b/c I don't think you were trying to slam Chick-fil-A. I worked there in high school, and I was shocked how real the chicken was. This was a long time ago, but basically, the chicken looked just like the regular boneless, skinless breasts you get at the store. It was dumped in "milkwash," which we made there out of eggs and milk. Then it was floured in their special flour, but the ingredients on the flour bag were really mostly real stuff (flour, salt, paprika, pepper), with just a few crazy chemical names. Then, it was fried in peanut oil. I was amazed that the food was normal food not junky frozen mystery parts.

I wasn't knocking Chick-Fil-A at all ... I love their food.. I just couldn't think of anything else since I don't eat McDonalds, Taco Bell, etc... I think Chick-Fil-A is the closest to real food (besides Chipotle) compared to other fast food establishments.
  • grinch031
    grinch031 Posts: 1,679
    Options
    Except this doesn't work when the majority of the population is incapable of eating in moderation.
    The point being....there's nothing wrong with sugar or refined carbs in and of themselves. This point has nothing to do with people's behavioral problems. Go ahead though, I'm sure you want to get the last word in, even if it's obtuse and dodging the real issue at hand.

Keep believing there is nothing wrong with sugar and refined carbs, be my guest. What is the issue I'm trying to dodge anyways?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options

Keep believing there is nothing wrong with sugar and refined carbs, be my guest. What is the issue I'm trying to dodge anyways?

grinch, shhhh....The issue is that you're assuming what works for you will work for everyone. Different people so different paths might get us to the same place. No?
  • grinch031
    Options

grinch, shhhh....The issue is that you're assuming what works for you will work for everyone. Different people so different paths might get us to the same place. No?

Where did I make this assumption?
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Not all processed foods are created equal. The only ones I believe are truly bad to eat are sugar and refined carbs. Not salt, not fat. Salt isn't retained unless they are in the presence of carbs.

Here.

Bad for you = bad for me? Bad for everyone?
  • grinch031
    Options
    Not all processed foods are created equal. The only ones I believe are truly bad to eat are sugar and refined carbs. Not salt, not fat. Salt isn't retained unless they are in the presence of carbs.

Here.

My goodness, where did I even say bad for ME? There are studies saying its bad.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options

Here.

Read the studies and the amount of sugar/carbs that is supposedly bad. You can't say they are bad without context.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    This is what happens when you eat processed foods... specifically a whole package of Oreos every three days :bigsmile:

2497623_2551.jpg

I'm gonna go get some oreos.
  • tsh0ck
    Options

Here.

noooo .... there are studies saying too much is bad. big difference I would imagine most reasonable people can see.

guess what? there are studies saying water is bad. or ... is it that too much water is bad? eh. probably the same thing. don't drink water, probably, just to be safe.
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options

Here.

noooo .... there are studies saying too much is bad. big difference I would imagine most reasonable people can see.

guess what? there are studies saying water is bad. or ... is it that too much water is bad? eh. probably the same thing. don't drink water, probably, just to be safe.
    Good...glad to see I didn't even need to respond to the nonsense that sugar and refined carbs are bad in moderation.
  • lisapr123
    lisapr123 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    bump
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    unwilling =/= incapable.

We are all capable. Many are unwilling. It's NOT the same thing.
  • itontae
    itontae Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm very grateful my body is more than capable of dealing with processed foods.
    I'm a big fan of eating them now and then
  • tsh0ck
    Options
    unwilling =/= incapable.

I dunno ... I've heard if you smell a doughnut you will die.
  • grinch031
    Options
    unwilling =/= incapable.

You mean 65% of all Americans are unwilling to control their eating. The majority of the people on this board will be unwilling to control their eating 1 year from now, despite all the efforts they are putting in right now.
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    Thanks for posting... this reinforces further what I have been practicing - not eating processed crap!
  • Myxalplyx
    Myxalplyx Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Was the Ramen noodle eater even chewing their food? The first part of digestion begans in the mouth. I'm sure if I breathed in large pieces of chicken that it probably wouldn't break down in a few hours either. I didn't even see a noodle on the right video. Looked like cotton candy to me. It was already broken down from the start.
  • Molly182
    Molly182 Posts: 406
    Options
    I'm scared to look lol