SAVE THE REDHEADS!!!!

Options

Replies

• livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Husband is a red head! Working on producing more!
  • Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    True Irish Redhead here and proud.

Used to hate my hair colour when I was a teenager just wanted to be dark like all my friends but I love it now and most if my dark haired friend are trying to hid some grey that's now creeping in. However, I would trade my very very (can't look at the sun) fair skin if I could even just to get a bit of colour :laugh:

The red colour skips a gene for sure neither of my parents are red but my granny was and neither of my kids are red so maybe their kids will be only time will tell I guess??

I'm pretty fair myself, but one of the few redheads I know that can actually tan!! Of course, sunblock is still necessary to get there!!
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I did my part one of my three kids is a red head.
    :flowerforyou:
    Im a redhead and so is my son, so sad my daughters didnt have it, but when my son is a grown up hoping he'll have me some redheaded grandbabies, usually theres one in every generation for us, my mom had red hair too
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    Can us blue eyed folk join in??? It is also a recessive trait and could soon be gone .. sigh ...

My wife and I BOTH have blue eyes!

JM
  • KatesBadAss
    KatesBadAss Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Natural Strawberry blonde....and had a mini me with the exact same hair color! I love it!!
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    We must stop this. It could be the most important environmental issue in modern times!!!!
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Can us blue eyed folk join in??? It is also a recessive trait and could soon be gone .. sigh ...

I have red hair AND blue eyes...please don't put me in a zoo :frown:
  • HeatherMarie1174
    Options

My wife and I BOTH have blue eyes!

JM

My husband has brown eyes ... if we were to have kids, they would most likely have brown eyes. Granted, he is a red head ... hmmm ... wonder how that would play out. LOL
  • bmmadden
    bmmadden Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    readheads unite!
    love this!
  • Bronx_Montgomery
    Bronx_Montgomery Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I have said this once.....Ive said this before. I LOVE REDHEADS!!! REDHEADS ARE HOT!!
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Ginga Ninja's are my favorite.
  • For_the_Last_Time
    For_the_Last_Time Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    True Irish Redhead here and proud.

Used to hate my hair colour when I was a teenager just wanted to be dark like all my friends but I love it now and most if my dark haired friend are trying to hid some grey that's now creeping in. However, I would trade my very very (can't look at the sun) fair skin if I could even just to get a bit of colour :laugh:

The red colour skips a gene for sure neither of my parents are red but my granny was and neither of my kids are red so maybe their kids will be only time will tell I guess??

Since they would have the recessive gene they would have to get with someone who also has the recessive gene and have them met up in their child......

Sorry this comes from people repeatedly asking where my child got her red hair from when my other brown haired children are all together.

Usually my response though is something along the line of I have it narrowed down between the mailman and the fedex guy.
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options

Yep..me too!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I did my part...I reproduced with a redhead and created another redhead :)

Your welcome!!!
  • ilookthetype
    ilookthetype Posts: 3,021 Member
    Options
    My sister is a red head.
  • mamasasa
    mamasasa Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I did my part...Once you've had Red there's no other Fred....LOL. One Red, One Strawberry, and one blonde with strawberry hints...and me...not sure what my hair colour is anymore, but was a strawberry blonde as a child :smile:
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    <
    Reddish here!
  • monroe61
    monroe61 Posts: 620 Member
    Options

I wanted my daughter to have blue eyes so bad because it is very rare you see a redhead with blue eyes...but nope she got hazel! She is still gorgeous though :)

My husband and daughter have red hair and hazel eyes. Me and my son have brown hair and blue eyes...so I contributed to both recessing traits :)
  • veepie
    veepie Posts: 103
    Options
    I have auburn hair and green eyes...so sort of a red head *although I abuse it with hair dye :(...my son is a blonde...partner is brunette...with blue eyes...so could have a red head baby :)
  • dbsav
    dbsav Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    My wife is a redhead....but unfortunately all of my kids have hair like dad's