MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Sherry and Christine, so sorry about your injuries!!! :frown: I hope you recover quickly!

Shuntae ~ great job! An hour is a long time to run! :drinker:

Today was also my long run, 6.25 miles in just over 60 minutes. Not sure what the temp was when I started but when I got back it was 84 with 71% humidity and a heat index of 90!!!

For those of you also battling heat and humidity, be careful, drink your water!!!

Have a great weekend everyone! :happy:

Becky
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    4 miles, very tired today, our jungle party was a success though! I just love watching people make fools of themselves, someone fell on my coffee table and BROKE it! It was ridiculous haha Have a great day all...

~Leash :heart:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Hello runners! No run for me today, but I did hit the elliptical for 4 miles and then swam 800 yds. Running tomorrow. :bigsmile:
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I ran AN HOUR today!!!! :drinker: :drinker:

I was supposed to finally meet up with my TEAM IN TRAINING group but there was too much lightning so they cancelled it. Then I decided to keep on schedule so I ran my mileage. I ran for an hour for 5.5 miles!! I felt amazing after mile 3--I couldnt believe how good I felt! It was so easy!! I really enjoyed the run today!!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Wishing RunnerDad a Happy Father's Day! Are any of the other guys Father's? If so, Happy Father's Day to you too!:flowerforyou:

Just 5 miles for me today. I went to 2 birthday parties this weekend so I thought I'd ease back into my workouts.:laugh: It is very humid here.

Can't wait to hear what you guys are up to today!
    -Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    It looks like a lot of us are sturggling with the heat and humidity. Right now I only do my long run outdoors -- the rest are on a treadmill. Does anyone have any solutions for dehydration? I tried carrying a water bottle - the kind that straps to your hand -- and although it helped with dehydration my shoulder was killing me! Any suggestions?

I have one of those water bottles that straps to your hand too. I find that it messes up my running form too so I don't use it. Instead I drop water bottle(s) along my route on my way out. That way I can pick them up on the way back. I'm thinking about getting a belt that carries water. I am concerned about wearing a belt. I get so hot and sweaty I am not sure I want something snug on me.
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Rest day today, but I wanted to wish Tom and Raymond a Happy Father's Day! :drinker:
    My apologies if I missed any other dads...Happy Father's Day to you as well! :happy:
    Becky
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Dad here too, it’s way more fun than running :happy: :happy: :happy:

I got in an 18 mile run on Saturday! :drinker: :drinker:

I think I finally redeemed myself to be in the MFP runners club (since I had not ran in 7+ days)! Since we are at the in-laws for the weekend and I did not have my bike, going for a run just seemed like fun :happy: . It’s in rural, strong emphasis on rural NW Iowa and we have found a 7 mile loop of gravel with no dogs and an amazing view of vast fields with hundreds of majestic wind turbines along the horizon.

Since I had not run in over a week it was great to get an 18 miler in. I did 7 of it with my wife which helped to break it up. It had been a long week of work allowing me to only squeeze in my P90X and a 45 mile ride on Wed.. I am very happy to have my job, it’s a great job, but it simply overwhelms me sometimes….ughh!

Hope everyone is doing great!

Keep going forward!
    Raymond
  • sonia2
    sonia2 Posts: 154
    Options
    Wow, Raymond-- 18 miles!! Happy Father's Day!

Yesterday, did an easy 2 miles.

Today, I was supposed to do an easy 8 miles, but my hand kept hitting the snooze button until 6am, and I was only able to do 6.5 miles in this MS heat and humidity. My body gave out. Oh well, I will try not to make that mistake again. Now, I feel like I'm behind on my schedule. Do I just start over, or just keep going with my schedule?. Maybe some of you experienced runners will know what I should do.

Hope everyone has a great day!!
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Happy Father's Day to Tom & Raymond and any other Running Dads!! :drinker:

I did get out about 6AM and ran 5 miles. It was extremely muggy and I really didn't feel the greatest but I pushed anyway. Felt good when I got home, and it started pouring rain about 5 min later. No wonder it was so humid out there! :tongue:

Heading on vacation tomorrow, we are heading to Florida for a week!!! Going to Disney of course, the kids can't wait! (ok, me too! :laugh: )

I'm packing my running shoes and some resistance bands so I will still be working out plus a LOT of walking!! :wink: I'll check in when I can (I can use my blackberry but it can be a pain to post!).

Have a great week!!

Jess
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k FINISHED!!!!!!
    Did the last run today - it SUCKED too. Not only am I slightly hung over from my friends birthday party, I'm dehydrated, and the sun was beating down on a path with no shade. Not the best place to run by a long shot.

But, I survived, and I'm done with it. Now... the 10k intervals program starts!
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Today, I was supposed to do an easy 8 miles, but my hand kept hitting the snooze button until 6am, and I was only able to do 6.5 miles in this MS heat and humidity. My body gave out. Oh well, I will try not to make that mistake again. Now, I feel like I'm behind on my schedule. Do I just start over, or just keep going with my schedule?. Maybe some of you experienced runners will know what I should do.

I have the same dilemma this week as I missed my Sat. long run ,but from everything I've read and heard, you are suppose to just stick to your schedule, even if you miss a workout. You have to just let that one go and move on! At least you got most of it in!

Jodi
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options
    Couch to 5k FINISHED!!!!!!
    Did the last run today - it SUCKED too. Not only am I slightly hung over from my friends birthday party, I'm dehydrated, and the sun was beating down on a path with no shade. Not the best place to run by a long shot.

But, I survived, and I'm done with it. Now... the 10k intervals program starts!

Congrats, c25k buddy...that's awesome!
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day!

Msarro---congrats! You should print all your posts and keep them! Such an awesome journey!!
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Today was a rest day!

Msarro---congrats! You should print all your posts and keep them! Such an awesome journey!!

Thanks everyone! Tomorrow morning I start doing the podrunner 10k intervals training series. It'll be interesting going back from running 30 minutes solid to doing 5-15 minute runs instead.
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    Happy Fathers Day to all the Fathers
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hi there everyone,
    I ran 6 miles this morning and I feel really good. I hope everyone had a nice weekend :wink:
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Glad your knee is better Jenny....

I ran a quick 4 today, this weekend was exhausting. Have a great night.

~Leash :heart:
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Great job runners! Today is a rest day for me.

Enjoy the day
    -Kechie.
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I hope all the DADS on our board had a wonderful Father's Day!

This weekend was a jam-packed weekend filled with my son's baseball. He had a tournament, so we had baseball three days in a row. Needless to say, I was trying to squeeze in runs at weird times! :happy: I ran 7 on Saturday and yesterday I did a little over 13. Remind me never to do a long run late in the day. Ugh! My stomach can't take it. :sick:

Hope everyone is well! Enjoy your runs today!